Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jan 27, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #4,232 of 5,506
Dr. Dre is a brand identity unto itself now.

Jan 27, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #4,233 of 5,506
I think people won't care. No one cared about Monster, and only some cared about Dre. What they care about is a fancy box, glossy plastic and a promise of bestest base evah. Honestly, I'll be surprised if the average Beats user even knows Dre broke up with Monster.

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #4,236 of 5,506

Quote:
glossy plastic or aluminium. Teenagers love aluminium.

Who DOESN'T love aluminum? It is an awesome element :p

I really want to see what Monster does now being separated from the Beats. I'm very interested in the Vektors; I think they look very good and, if they sound good, I'll be getting a pair. Diesel is one of my favorite shoe brands...

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #4,237 of 5,506

Quote:
glossy plastic or aluminium. Teenagers love aluminium.

Everybody loves aluminium 
beerchug.gif

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #4,239 of 5,506
What's wrong with aluminum?

It's generally light, sturdy and offers a few nice options for appearances. Also, it's good for heat transfer. Admittedly, that last one doesn't matter much for headphones.

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #4,241 of 5,506

Quote:
What's wrong with aluminum?

It's generally light, sturdy and offers a few nice options for appearances. Also, it's good for heat transfer. Admittedly, that last one doesn't matter much for headphones.

My hatred for it stems from my interest in high end flashlights where nearly every manufacturer uses aluminium tubes because it's cheap, light and transfers heat well.  The problem is they insist on having the head and tail caps screw on with aluminium threads.  it's far too soft for that application and doesn't last very long if they ever get dirty. they also seam to like pairing aluminum threads with twist mode selection making it even worst.  It seams engineers are obsessed with the stuff, which means that it gets used inappropriately more often than most other materials.  Ask someone with a Pontiac Aztek how much they like it.

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #4,244 of 5,506
you have your two people, the guy that buys headphones because of the audio quality or the guy that follows trends. I've been mocked for wearing some Koss portaro's, and when I tell them these headphones are some-what legendary for the $50 dollar price range, what they do is rate them by the price. If they cost $50 then "some Beats Solo's will smoke them because there over $100??????". And yes, Most Boss people are sometimes wanting better sound, but Boss is all they know. I'll be the first to admit, when I was getting into sound I bought some Boss IE2's, and then when I learned more about headphones I felt so bad that I wasted $100 for headphones that sound just as good as any of my other earphones. I'm always open to tell people what are some good cans, but I know people that usually buy Beats, and you show them how they could of bought some XB500's for """"Bass Heads""""" and can be found online for $50. They see you like your crazy! Here's my quote of the day "How can you call "noob" on someone for having  some LCD 3's with an I-pod 160GB's, AlgoRhythm  solo and a continental V2, when you got ripped of for buying some $500 Beats pro's/ some BS  Detox edition" 100 more dollars, with an I-pod that has crappy 128kbps music?" what a sad Ignorant world. =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back