Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jan 27, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #4,202 of 5,506
Quote:
I thought she was wearing a different headphone in the anime.

Nope, it was K701
Anyways, back on topic people
confused_face.gif

So you guys think the Beats hype will still be alive, considering that Monster and Beats split? Or do you think the Beats people will be run over by another group of "cool hip headphones"?

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #4,203 of 5,506

Quote:
Quote:

Nope, it was K701
Anyways, back on topic people
confused_face.gif

So you guys think the Beats hype will still be alive, considering that Monster and Beats split? Or do you think the Beats people will be run over by another group of "cool hip headphones"?

now here is the thing...
Beats, doesn't have money, monster does

monster has all the connections and knowledge about the market, how to advertise it, where to put it in stores etc etc.

Without monster beats I doubt will be half as popular, simply because they don't have a company like monster to back them.

Same goes for monster, people don't know that the product is made by monster half the time - they thinks its beats products.
Well in theory it is, but it isn't fully, is it?

PS.
I got these sent for review a year ago: I-Mego Retro

they weren't bad, but I ended up giving them to my girlfriend, who hardly uses them, but when she does she says: I like the look of them and they look cool - bless her :)

(FYI: they don't sound as good as the beats, fi that makes sense, but then again, they aren't £200 or so either)
They are around £40, and I would give them the value of £30, seeing as style is something -> their direct competition/comparison IMO would be the XB500's, yet the 500's are better, but don't have that style that some might want.

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #4,204 of 5,506
Quote:

now here is the thing...
Beats, doesn't have money, monster does

monster has all the connections and knowledge about the market, how to advertise it, where to put it in stores etc etc.

Without monster beats I doubt will be half as popular, simply because they don't have a company like monster to back them.

Same goes for monster, people don't know that the product is made by monster half the time - they thinks its beats products.
Well in theory it is, but it isn't fully, is it?

PS.
I got these sent for review a year ago: I-Mego Retro

they weren't bad, but I ended up giving them to my girlfriend, who hardly uses them, but when she does she says: I like the look of them and they look cool - bless her :)

(FYI: they don't sound as good as the beats, fi that makes sense, but then again, they aren't £200 or so either)
They are around £40, and I would give them the value of £30, seeing as style is something -> their direct competition/comparison IMO would be the XB500's, yet the 500's are better, but don't have that style that some might want.

True. I just hope Monster decides to go down the road of SQ on par with the Turbine series~

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #4,205 of 5,506

Quote:
Quote:

True. I just hope Monster decides to go down the road of SQ on par with the Turbine series~

That's what we would hope - I don't know what that would do to the price though...

Considering IMO that the MTPG's are double the price of what they actually should be - and having such fierce competition with "proper" brands, such as denon, sennheiser, grado etc etc etc - wouldn't it be more sensible, in a point of view of marketing and profit margins to make something, bad but stylist again?

Think about it...

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #4,206 of 5,506
IMO, this partnership was all about money. Both parties wanted to make money over a few pairs of over-priced headphones with ppl who tend to believe that "Hey, if it's expensive, it's the best" just like Monster's 120$ 3ft HDMI cables.

Now, both just got greedy and money did what it usually does; splits up ppl.

I believe Beats is well implanted in funny projects which seems to attrack ppl who still doesn't have a clue and are willing to pay more for the name (making car stereo systems, laptop speaker systems etc.) like HP Envy or the Chrysler 300. So I say both companies will keep doing what it does; Beats make money from it's brand being everywhere and in your face while Monster from selling LQ and SQ stuff both expensive but some stuff actually deserve the higher price tag.

About the original topic, most ppl around me have Beats, all of them, and only beats while my stuff (Ultrasone HFI-580's or Pro900's) don't sound as good to most of their ears. "Meh, not enough bass".

What can I say.... it's a lost cause !

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #4,207 of 5,506
Yep, I guess it just all comes down to what makes the most money/profit =/
IMO, I thought that the SQ of the Turbines were pretty good, but the fit for me was pretty bad. They were heavy and loosened up in my ears after a while of walking, making the bass horrible 

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #4,208 of 5,506
Well, i found a aspiring audiophile today. After class he asked if the big clunky thing attached to my phone (Ibasso D12) was an amp, then proceeded to explain that he has recently been looking at headphones, specifically the Sony XB series. This was also when he claimed that he had listened to Beats, without my mention, and had thought they were horrible, proceeding to tell his friend in denial that they were a rip off. Now we should have another member coming soon to the community, but i already told him to be aware, for a week after finding Head-fi myself i had spent $1500 more than i had ever planned, coming along way from the Bose mindset and product (Triport IEM).

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #4,209 of 5,506
haha - good man!

And about the break-off - its sad that that's what drives people more these days:
Money > respect

Take a look at footballers for example.

Speaking of football:
Was watching french sports news, and 2/3 african players (as they were showing coverage of the games over in africa) had beats around their necks 0.0

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #4,210 of 5,506
I see nothing wrong with Beats. They sound OK, and the design is hip. Lots of stuff cost tons of money just for the design. Calling them 'fake headphones' is a bit much. I think they are very stylish headphones for those who don't listen well.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #4,211 of 5,506

Quote:
I see nothing wrong with Beats. They sound OK, and the design is hip. Lots of stuff cost tons of money just for the design. Calling them 'fake headphones' is a bit much. I think they are very stylish headphones for those who don't listen well.

Oh yeah they sound OK, their design is nice, but their price isn't

I'm just highlighting what people should say to beats fan boys:
Here are some REAL headphones for the non-idiots
And here are some FAKE headphone-wanna bees for the rest of you

On a lighter note, changed my profile picture hehe :p
Exactly what I think of the D2K's :D

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #4,215 of 5,506
I think design and build quality are two different aspects. I'm sure Totally Dubbed means he likes the actual look of the headphones, not the build quality~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back