Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jan 27, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #4,186 of 5,506

Quote:

The fact that its a replica is enough for Monster to act upon it
If it were my business and had something so successful, instead of just putting websites and warning people about it, I would actively ask the community to find these dealers so that I could sue them

Once this is done for several, fake sellers would be less encouraged to sell them, in fear of being sued -> this would not only give my name some more publicity, it will also reduce people form being "disappointed" from buying my products, which in fact were fakes, and not the "real deal"

Although I am guilty for buying them, I do agree with your post. I see so many "authentic" Beats on eBay that it's not even funny.

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #4,187 of 5,506

Quote:
Although I am guilty for buying them, I do agree with your post. I see so many "authentic" Beats on eBay that it's not even funny.

haha yeah true, that said you could say you "never knew", but I think you wouldn't get away with that lol

And yes, wow the amount of fakes I see - makes me wonder how many people actually have fakes in the world, or when i see people walking with them in the streets.

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #4,188 of 5,506

Quote:

haha yeah true, that said you could say you "never knew", but I think you wouldn't get away with that lol

And yes, wow the amount of fakes I see - makes me wonder how many people actually have fakes in the world, or when i see people walking with them in the streets.

and that's why I refuse to buy headphones off of eBay unless I know for sure that they are authentic. I would be tempted to buy Denon D2000s though if I can find a good price...but I have no idea if knockoffs have been made for these nowadays

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #4,189 of 5,506

Quote:
and that's why I refuse to buy headphones off of eBay unless I know for sure that they are authentic. I would be tempted to buy Denon D2000s though if I can find a good price...but I have no idea if knockoffs have been made for these nowadays

Earphones and headphones that aren't used by everyone in the streets won't be made replicas of.
ie. the D2K's as popular as you might think they are - I find IMPOSSIBLE to find in France.

yet I find the beats in every other store.

Long story short: no there are no fakes for the D2K's - price wise, if you look around I'm sure you might be able to find something at around $200-250, might be used though, for example:
http://www.electronics-expo.com/denon-ahd2000-high-performance-over-ear-headphones-ob

you won't find cheaper.
I got really, really lucky in buying some BRAND new D2K's from an authorised dealer, which gives me 2yrs warranty here in the UK for £180, which is: $280

other than that, they were £250, on amazon, and HMV

Jan 27, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #4,192 of 5,506
Okay lets get back on topic. I used to own Beats Solo HDs before I learned about this site and got converted. When I ditched them for a pair of AKG K701 all the reactions I got were like "Omg what about your beats? They were so nice!" They stopped asking that once I let them listen to them though :D

Jan 27, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #4,193 of 5,506

Quote:
Okay lets get back on topic. I used to own Beats Solo HDs before I learned about this site and got converted. When I ditched them for a pair of AKG K701 all the reactions I got were like "Omg what about your beats? They were so nice!" They stopped asking that once I let them listen to them though :D

haha good one :)

I don't think head-fi tries to convert people, that sounds like a religion (lol), instead we try to make you aware that there are other, possibly, and probably better options out there.

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #4,194 of 5,506

Quote:

People who enjoyed the Beats didn't insult your AKG? I would expect something like "where is the base it haz no base".

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #4,195 of 5,506

Quote:

haha good one :)

I don't think head-fi tries to convert people, that sounds like a religion (lol), instead we try to make you aware that there are other, possibly, and probably better options out there.

Join our evil cult by sacrificing your wallet to the all powerful headphone companies NOW ! Remember, the Beats and Bose owners will try to lead you away from the path to audio bliss and bankruptcy, do not listen to their blasphemy ! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #4,196 of 5,506

Quote:

Join our evil cult by sacrificing your wallet to the all powerful headphone companies NOW ! Remember, the Beats and Bose owners will try to lead you away from the path to audio bliss and bankruptcy, do not listen to their blasphemy ! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Lol don't worry mate, I have never bought a beats nor a bose product in my life
(monster, like MTPG is another thing)

Currently loving,
Earphones:
-TFTA 1XB (yup bet you haven't even heard of them!)

Headphones:
-Denon D2000

Just finishing up my 5k+ possibly hitting on 6k review of 7 earphones :wink:

Jan 27, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #4,197 of 5,506

Quote:

I suspect more "K-ON Conversion" rather than "Head-fi Conversion" at your part :)

Jan 27, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #4,198 of 5,506
Quote:

I suspect more "K-ON Conversion" rather than "Head-fi Conversion" at your part :)

Owned lol

If the person with Beats isn't completely arrogant and is willing to try other headphones, I usually pull out my M50s and see how they like them. Most of the time, I get a surprised look as they turn on their music, and then a "ok, how much were these again?" (ok meme face) lol

Jan 27, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #4,199 of 5,506

Quote:
Apparently there are different quality fakes as well so higher price is better quality. I bought them from a reputable seller that claimed that they were 1:1 copies. My brother bought his from Best Buy so yea they're real lol
They sound the same and look the same so for a price like that I would have just bought them because they actually do look nice imho and they are pretty portable so I wouldn't have to use an amplifier when I'm outside with them. AND I saved a lot of money compared to other people :p

I made a little comparison between fake and real one hehe! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back