Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jan 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #4,171 of 5,506

Quote:
Thread-jacking is half the fun!

In all seriousness: Did any admins/moderators say to stay on topic? If so, I definitely apologize for missing that and continuing to go off topic. I definitely feel like this debate should be over and I have a hard time resisting responses to on-going debates when I feel the answer is painfully obvious. I also apologize for being off topic in this post.

To be a little more on topic...

These Beats sound so good!

I think he missed his ears.
Almost, though.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #4,173 of 5,506

Quote:
You know what would be cool? Buy fake beats for the diaphragm, then mod it by putting a better driver in the housing. :3
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Nobody would notice a difference if they listened though, defeating the purpose.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #4,174 of 5,506

Quote:
You know what would be cool? Buy fake beats for the diaphragm, then mod it by putting a better driver in the housing. :3

I wonder how massive a difference the fake IEM beat things are compared to the real deal.

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #4,176 of 5,506
Quote:

Nobody would notice a difference if they listened though, defeating the purpose.

So you're saying that if I changed the drivers,and therefore, the sound signature, that they would not hear a difference?

Jan 27, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #4,178 of 5,506
i bought beats solo hd yesterday and im gonna return this **** tomorrow, very poor sound quality, its overpriced because you pay for the ''dr dre name'', i think im gonna get bose qc15, i have not tried beats studio but im sure bose qc15 is better than beats studio

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #4,179 of 5,506
I actually bought some fake Beats Studios off a China wholesale site for <$100 just to see how different they were from my brother's authentic ones. The headphones looked exactly the same side by side except for a slight difference in shade of the brand name on the headband...and guess what? They also sounded pretty much exactly the same. I told my brother to pick his headphone out just by listening to them and he chose the wrong ones. The fake ones even felt more solidly built than the real ones because the ear cups rattle less. Shows just how overpriced these Beats are.

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #4,180 of 5,506

Quote:

Now wait....that, might cost you more than actually buying some D2K's, but, if someone has the money, and time, just for the hell of trying, that would be very fun

I would love someone to change the XB700's drivers or the 500's and put them in there
I wouldn't wear the beats anyway, but a heavily modded beats, i mean literally all that remains of it is the look, and design would be cool

Quote:

haha! True...

Quote:
Pretty different. Beats are overpriced but they aren't terrible. fake ones generally are.

Agreed.

Quote:
So you're saying that if I changed the drivers,and therefore, the sound signature, that they would not hear a difference?

No his making a joke, saying even if u gave them HD800's they wouldn't know the difference, in other words, its for the look not the sound that they buy it for

Quote:
i bought beats solo hd yesterday and im gonna return this **** tomorrow, very poor sound quality, its overpriced because you pay for the ''dr dre name'', i think im gonna get bose qc15, i have not tried beats studio but im sure bose qc15 is better than beats studio

haha, that said u should let them burn-in -> my suggestion is the Sony XB500's for you

Quote:
I actually bought some fake Beats Studios off a China wholesale site for <$100 just to see how different they were from my brother's authentic ones. The headphones looked exactly the same side by side except for a slight difference in shade of the brand name on the headband...and guess what? They also sounded pretty much exactly the same. I told my brother to pick his headphone out just by listening to them and he chose the wrong ones. The fake ones even felt more solidly built than the real ones because the ear cups rattle less. Shows just how overpriced these Beats are.

that's too expensive for fakes...you have too much money to blow :p
That said, you sure your bro doesn't have fakes? lol
There is a noticeable difference, from what i read and see

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #4,181 of 5,506

Quote:
Are you saying Americans are dumb?
tongue_smile.gif

I wholeheartedly agree. Americans are so brainwashed with commercials and such. 
tongue_smile.gif

tongue.gif

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #4,182 of 5,506

Quote:
that's too expensive for fakes...you have too much money to blow :p
That said, you sure your bro doesn't have fakes? lol
There is a noticeable difference, from what i read and see

Apparently there are different quality fakes as well so higher price is better quality. I bought them from a reputable seller that claimed that they were 1:1 copies. My brother bought his from Best Buy so yea they're real lol
They sound the same and look the same so for a price like that I would have just bought them because they actually do look nice imho and they are pretty portable so I wouldn't have to use an amplifier when I'm outside with them. AND I saved a lot of money compared to other people :p

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #4,183 of 5,506

Quote:
Apparently there are different quality fakes as well so higher price is better quality. I bought them from a reputable seller that claimed that they were 1:1 copies. My brother bought his from Best Buy so yea they're real lol
They sound the same and look the same so for a price like that I would have just bought them because they actually do look nice imho and they are pretty portable so I wouldn't have to use an amplifier when I'm outside with them. AND I saved a lot of money compared to other people :p

LOL

Its nice the seller admitted they are a 1:1 copy - as he can be sued for that :)

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #4,185 of 5,506

Quote:
Lol yea well it was a Chinese site and the grammar was awful anyway so I'm not surprised. He didn't actually show the logo or use the term Monster Beats by Dre anywhere though so I have no idea

The fact that its a replica is enough for Monster to act upon it
If it were my business and had something so successful, instead of just putting websites and warning people about it, I would actively ask the community to find these dealers so that I could sue them

Once this is done for several, fake sellers would be less encouraged to sell them, in fear of being sued -> this would not only give my name some more publicity, it will also reduce people form being "disappointed" from buying my products, which in fact were fakes, and not the "real deal"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back