Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Dec 26, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #3,136 of 5,506

Quote:
Then those people (who say that) are irrelevant to reality. In a few years they'll be living in their mom's basement while you're driving a [insert expensive vehicle].

I grew up in a small, poor town of ignorant drug addicted losers, and fortunately got out thanks to scholarships. Work/study hard, and you'll be out of there eventually moving on to bigger/better things.

Quote:
That's pretty damn sad.  Just work hard and get yourself to a good university.  A lot more civilized unless you go to a party school.  Still a bunch of airheads here but more smart people.  Brosefs stick out like sore thumbs.  Don't get me started on the dumb girls.

When you have a wellr paying job, you don't take crap from idiots.

Thanks you guys means a lot and yea I know what you mean, I try my best in school and my family is in the lower class so my mom pushes me out of everyone in the family to become a successful person since she sees me putting a good reputation over our family's name. The only person that gets me and my passion for headphones/amps is my cousin so hes the only person I have that I can talk to when it comes to these types of things  

Dec 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #3,137 of 5,506

Quote:
Bose, B&W, Beats... 

... I have yet to hear a headphone made by a company starting with "B" that I have liked. 

Quote:
No Beyerdynamic then? :p

I have heard or owned the DT235, DT48E, DT250/250, DT770/80&250, DT880/250&600, DT990/250&600, DT1350, T50p...

... I stand by my earlier statement. 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 27, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #3,138 of 5,506
Hah, well to be honest I wasn't exactly impressed by the DT880 versus my HD650 or SRH940, so I'd be inclined to agree -- but they're not terrible. Not anything like Bose/Beats at least.

Dec 27, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #3,139 of 5,506

Quote:
Ok, I get the feeling my ghetto sarcasm went to waste. I wouldn't react like that in reality, I'm just not that outspoken. But I've seen a lot of people saying they got asked why they didn't get Beats instead of whatever they had on at the moment and they replied "they're too expensive", "they're not my style", "yeah, you know, whatever". Why not just say the truth? "I am a member of a headphones forum and they are pretty bad even for bassy headphones, basically they're overpriced". It's not rude, but it's not escaping the confrontation either. If someone insists just be a bigger person and ignore them, or instead ask them if they know what a frequency response graph is.

If felt like it was sarcasm, since you usually don't talk/type like that, lol. I got it though, thanks for teh heads up, and that is to the point, don't know why many wouldn't say that. I guess only if you want to save your breath from misinformed people.

Dec 27, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #3,140 of 5,506

Quote:
Ok, I get the feeling my ghetto sarcasm went to waste. I wouldn't react like that in reality, I'm just not that outspoken. But I've seen a lot of people saying they got asked why they didn't get Beats instead of whatever they had on at the moment and they replied "they're too expensive", "they're not my style", "yeah, you know, whatever". Why not just say the truth? "I am a member of a headphones forum and they are pretty bad even for bassy headphones, basically they're overpriced". It's not rude, but it's not escaping the confrontation either. If someone insists just be a bigger person and ignore them, or instead ask them if they know what a frequency response graph is.

When a friend asks me why I didn't buy Beats, I grin and say, "because these cost more". I don't say it to everyone and it shuts them up pretty fast.
With strangers or acquaintances, I say I liked the sound of my cans better and offer them a listen. They usually agree it's at least on par with the Beats (to my unexpressed disgust >_>).

Dec 27, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #3,141 of 5,506
I was also asked by the same question but I just answered: "There's too many fakes and it is too much expensive. My headphones are much better than that."

But still my friends bought them. I think the problem was they are too rich to buy cheap headphones with the same sq. 

Dec 27, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #3,142 of 5,506

Quote:
Hah, well to be honest I wasn't exactly impressed by the DT880 versus my HD650 or SRH940, so I'd be inclined to agree -- but they're not terrible. Not anything like Bose/Beats at least.

If I had to pick a Beyer to stick with, I'd probably go with the DT880 as I find it the most balanced of the bunch. The DT1350 would be my next choice, but they clamp too hard to be comfortable for any period of time. I'm kinda curious about the T70/70p though. 

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #3,144 of 5,506

Quote:
So....now that we have all these pages of replies to give to people. anyone know an ultimate reply? One that is short enough to give to the person that just was curious and doesn't want a lecture, but detailed and informative and life changing enough to come to the good side?

"Ask Google for a comparison."

Comparison being the key word.

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #3,145 of 5,506

Quote:
So....now that we have all these pages of replies to give to people. anyone know an ultimate reply? One that is short enough to give to the person that just was curious and doesn't want a lecture, but detailed and informative and life changing enough to come to the good side?

I honestly don't think that there is ONE reply that would work for every single person that would call you out or ask about your headphones as opposed to buying beats.  With some, the simple truth would, such as saying no less than 'I've tried the beats, and I've tried others, and frankly those beats aren't all bad, just severely overpriced. There is much better out there for 1/3 of even 1/4 of the price. I can show you where, all you have to do is be willing to invest time in research.'   And believe me, it works.

With others, you really have to show them, 1 to 1 comparisons.   It really depends on the person.

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #3,146 of 5,506
"They're too expensive"/"they're not my style" is usually the truth, no? After all, Beats boast a hefty pricetag, and it doesn't cater to everyone's tastes. 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
I've seen a lot of people saying they got asked why they didn't get Beats instead of whatever they had on at the moment and they replied "they're too expensive", "they're not my style", "yeah, you know, whatever". Why not just say the truth?

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #3,147 of 5,506
Language is powerful, but not to that scale. :wink:
Use an analogy and attempt to stir his curiosity. Leave him with a cliffhanger, and he may or may not try to educate himself.

Quote:

Dec 27, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #3,149 of 5,506
This is what a friend of mine told me today 
mad.gif

lol my managers at work was having a convo with someone else and there talking abt like how he records his own rap and hes like i need some special Dj set headphones and everryone is like ohh beats solo hd definitely.

Dec 27, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #3,150 of 5,506
Hmm well perhaps you should indeed stir their interest with a challenge of sorts. Perhaps something in the line of "If you're that sure your beats are amazing I dare you to look them up at head-fi".

Of course this will probably only work on a guy. Perhaps I have a cliché view but women generally don't seem to be interested in technology altogether, let alone they'll actually come to head-fi?

If you're really serious about educating the beats-masses you could actually make a game out of this and collect say 5 responses, to give someone with beats and see how they play out and report back over here. A social experiment of sorts. Of course that's just my view on the matter
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back