Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Oct 25, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #2,491 of 5,506

Quote:
If it were $200 instead of $500 I could see buying it.

I kind of want to get a broken one just so I can use the daisy-chain feature and just plop in some better drivers out of some other closed back headphone.

I'm still planning on transplanting in some ortho drivers one of these days...

Oct 25, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #2,493 of 5,506

Quote:
If it were $200 instead of $500 I could see buying it.

I kind of want to get a broken one just so I can use the daisy-chain feature and just plop in some better drivers out of some other closed back headphone.

I found a sell offer on craigslist for $230 just now. I kinda think it's fake though. Part of me wants to get it so I can go mod it, maybe with ATH M50 drivers?

Oct 25, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #2,494 of 5,506

Quote:
Skaters do this very often. I remember when 'skaters' used to wear baggy clothes because you got better movement that way. Sure it was in style but it also made sense. 

Now you've got kids wearing skinny jeans with no movement that bunch up at their giant shoes and hang off their butts. It's absolutely hilarious.

Yeah. Gotta look cool. Haha

Quote:
Dude we're talking about 8 inches of underwear lenght visible... Yes, I carry a ruler with me at all the times for these occasions.

I just ignore it. It's not like it's the end of the world.

Oct 25, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #2,495 of 5,506

Quote:
I found a sell offer on craigslist for $230 just now. I kinda think it's fake though. Part of me wants to get it so I can go mod it, maybe with ATH M50 drivers?

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, and I think transplanting better drivers into a Pro's shell is a fantastic idea. But 230$ for fakes isn't kind of a waste of money? I mean it's just a bad Chinese driver in there, so you're basically paying for a headband.

Oct 25, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #2,496 of 5,506
Quote:
I'm tempted to make my SR80i's daisy-chainable but stuffing 4 wires through the Grado headband does not seem like it would be fun at all.

Wait, daisy chaining only means having the drivers from the second headphone in parallel with the first's ? I was convinced that it was a bit more technical than that, regarding impedances, amp and stuff. Sounds like an easy mod to me (not on Grados, but on other models more voluptuous models).

Oct 25, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #2,497 of 5,506

Quote:
I don't mean to be a buzzkill, and I think transplanting better drivers into a Pro's shell is a fantastic idea. But 230$ for fakes isn't kind of a waste of money? I mean it's just a bad Chinese driver in there, so you're basically paying for a headband.

Frankly, with a massive bass reduction EQ, I wouldn't mind wearing them unmodded. Besides, they'd be sure to hold up to my everyday abuse, if they're real. I'm surprised my Pioneers are still intact actually, they've been shoved into a cramped backpack everyday for the last 2 months. That half centimetre thin headband actually holds up.

Though if they're really just random drivers...What if they were K272 drivers?

Oct 26, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #2,498 of 5,506

Quote:

Is there any particular reason to believe that there's not bad Chinese drivers in the real ones?

Oct 26, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #2,501 of 5,506
Had a callout during a short primary school reunion, in which the "a-hole" of the class (who recently bought a Beats Solo) called my HD25 "cheapskate" and "weak".

So I threw my HD25s on the ground (didn't and couldn't break of course) and asked him to do the same with his Beats. He didn't doubt me since.

Oct 26, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #2,502 of 5,506

Quote:
Had a callout during a short primary school reunion, in which the "a-hole" of the class (who recently bought a Beats Solo) called my HD25 "cheapskate" and "weak".

So I threw my HD25s on the ground (didn't and couldn't break of course) and asked him to do the same with his Beats. He didn't doubt me since.

That's a bit drastic.

Oct 26, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #2,504 of 5,506
I don't think so at all. Build quality is where you can hit Beats the hardest, why not be confident and go there? I had a call out when I had my TMA-1 and pulled the ear cups past each other to get the low blow in. 

Sound quality does not work with people like this. They refuse to A/B, or listen for more than 5 seconds. 

IMO, this was a good demonstration. 

Quote:
That's a bit drastic.

Quote:
Yes, a better idea would to calmly ask him to try on your HD-25. The result would be the same.

Oct 26, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #2,505 of 5,506
I read an article about this about Dr Dre that got in the Forbes List because of his headphone lines.

http://drdre-detox.blogspot.com/2011/08/dr-dre-makes-forbes-rich-list.html

Well he did a good job making people buy those overpriced fashion accessories headphones backed up with JB, Lady Gaga, and other Celebrity endorsements.

So it means people/consumers now cannot distinguish good quality products and blinded by music products created by their music idols. Good Heavens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back