Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Sep 15, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #2,041 of 5,506
I dunno, I thought it was sort of a relieving video. ^^ Bet having that done feels *great.*

Sep 15, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #2,042 of 5,506
Terrible... yet I couldn't look away... warning to others: do not follow the links to similar videos of impacted earwax. Minor surgery and blood involved... 

Sep 15, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #2,043 of 5,506

Quote:
I dunno, I thought it was sort of a relieving video. ^^ Bet having that done feels *great.*

It would have to be pretty severe to have to do that surgically. Just using oil / hydrogen peroxide and water flushing is easy and simple for most people I bet.

Annnnnyway... back on topic?

Sep 15, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #2,044 of 5,506

Quote:
Terrible... yet I couldn't look away... warning to others: do not follow the links to similar videos of impacted earwax. Minor surgery and blood involved... 

At the last part, big chunk removed.

Sep 15, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #2,046 of 5,506
Exactly what I was thinking. :D

Quote:

Sep 15, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #2,047 of 5,506
It's generally accepted now around here that anyone who wears Beats is a "tool". Enlighten me on that that means? I'm opposed to say it's bad from what I'm hearing. Oh well, this winter I have to pick between a new coat (old one's useless around here because it doesn't stop wind), or a pair of HD598's. Tough choice...

Sep 15, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #2,048 of 5,506
> It's generally accepted now around here that anyone who wears Beats is a "tool".

NO! Why do people keep misinterpreting this thread? 

What you mentioned is a false generalization fallacy. It's like saying everyone who drinks water is a murderer because all murderers drink water. 

This thread is about morons who wear Beats - perhaps a too common occurrence - but in no way implies that everyone who wears Beats is a moron. Think of it this way:

Picture a thread where people post stories of how they were shot with guns. That thread would not be an argument against the guns, but against the bad people who shot them. At most it would be an argument that guns enable excessive violence and are bad in that respect, but that's debatable.

Similarly:

This is a thread where people post stories of how they were insulted by Beats-wearers. This thread is not an argument against Beats, but the rude people who insulted them. At most it is an argument that Beats enable excessive "cool kid" elitism and are bad in that respect, but that's debatable.

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #2,050 of 5,506

Quote:
> It's generally accepted now around here that anyone who wears Beats is a "tool".

NO! Why do people keep misinterpreting this thread? 

What you mentioned is a false generalization fallacy. It's like saying everyone who drinks water is a murderer because all murderers drink water. 

This thread is about morons who wear Beats - perhaps a too common occurrence - but in no way implies that everyone who wears Beats is a moron. Think of it this way:

Picture a thread where people post stories of how they were shot with guns. That thread would not be an argument against the guns, but against the bad people who shot them. At most it would be an argument that guns enable excessive violence and are bad in that respect, but that's debatable.

Similarly:

This is a thread where people post stories of how they were insulted by Beats-wearers. This thread is not an argument against Beats, but the rude people who insulted them. At most it is an argument that Beats enable excessive "cool kid" elitism and are bad in that respect, but that's debatable.

Oh no no no, I'm talking about where I live. Apparently, in my circle of friends, most think anyone with Beats is a tool.

Sep 16, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #2,051 of 5,506
I usually wear the Skullcandy aviators so most people stop and ask me what are they, give them a compliment and then always ask me if they sound better than the Beats because they have or had a pair and they didn't like them.  I just tell them they sound clearer than the beats, more detailed, but have less bass, which I tell them is a good thing lol.  I tell them it's half the price of the studios and no annoying batteries.  I never had someone stop me when I wore anything else like Se530's, TF10's, or even my Koss Portapro's.  The Aviators get alot of attention because of their design, which I am not liking, I like to be left alone when listening to Deadmau5, LOL!

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #2,052 of 5,506

Quote:
(shakes head)

That's very shady, well that video just decided something for me. I was thinking of investing in some Turbines but after watching that video I don't want anything to do with anything remotely having to do with Monster. I'm taking my money elsewhere.

Monster has been known to rip off their consumers in such an absurd manner. Saw an HDMI Cable one time from them in best buy  and I remember it costing up to 60 bucks. While I saw an HDMI Cable from Insignia. That was around $20. Yeah, do the math.

That aside, anyone have any thoughts about this:

Supposed features that were listed on Monster's website: 

Monster LED Light Drive System -Energy Efficient Illumination that can be powered for over 10hrs on one battery
Extra-large 40mm over-ear drivers deliver deep, immersive bass and thunderous low-end effects
New advanced noise-isolation earcup design blocks external sound to keep you submerged in the game or movie
Ear cups designed for maximum long term comfort
Included Monster Control Talk with Vol Up/Down and Play/pause/ Call for Apple iOS

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=6001

Price? $349. 

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #2,053 of 5,506

Quote:

Monster has been known to rip off their consumers in such an absurd manner. Saw an HDMI Cable one time from them in best buy  and I remember it costing up to 60 bucks. While I saw an HDMI Cable from Insignia. That was around $20. Yeah, do the math.

That aside, anyone have any thoughts about this:

Supposed features that were listed on Monster's website: 

Monster LED Light Drive System -Energy Efficient Illumination that can be powered for over 10hrs on one battery
Extra-large 40mm over-ear drivers deliver deep, immersive bass and thunderous low-end effects
New advanced noise-isolation earcup design blocks external sound to keep you submerged in the game or movie
Ear cups designed for maximum long term comfort
Included Monster Control Talk with Vol Up/Down and Play/pause/ Call for Apple iOS

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=6001

Price? $349. 

or the $200 RCA cable that looked like it was made from IEM cables.

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #2,055 of 5,506

I got a 25' high speed HDMI cable from monoprice for $23. BB was selling a similar Monster Cable for $170.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back