Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Aug 6, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #1,336 of 5,506

Quote:
They're probably too busy seeing if other people are paying attention to them...

Maybe I should've gotten the Pioneers in white then, even though they're slightly girlish.
Today, I stopped someone from buying beats though!
beyersmile.png

Told him to look at anything else like Audio Technica, Pioneer, etc. Take a looksee at how advertised they are though...(It's rotated by -90 degrees. Yes, my Droid 2 Global still has software kinks to work out)
Headphone section. 1 column dedicated to beats line of headphones.

mad.gif

Aug 6, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #1,337 of 5,506

Quote:
If I were running an audio/headphone shop, I would be a fool not to carry beats. Beats buyers are a huge market and that puts food on the table. 

That said, if I can use the Beats to lure customers through the door in the first place, then they've done their job and I can peddle the rest of my wares. 

and that's why 32ohm has beats and the higher end skullcandys. It was funny however the dude working the counter told me and Kukuk that they got rid of all the Skullcandy's save for the Aviators because that actually sounded good, and the Mix masters just because they had a nice price tag. If people want Skuyllcandys they can go to walmart or Fredmeyers.

Aug 6, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #1,338 of 5,506

Quote:
Maybe I should've gotten the Pioneers in white then, even though they're slightly girlish.
Today, I stopped someone from buying beats though!
beyersmile.png

Told him to look at anything else like Audio Technica, Pioneer, etc. Take a looksee at how advertised they are though...(It's rotated by -90 degrees. Yes, my Droid 2 Global still has software kinks to work out)
Headphone section. 1 column dedicated to beats line of headphones.

mad.gif

At my local FutureShop we have an area known as high end headphones. About 65% is Monster and Bose headphones, 15% is Klipsch, and the other 20% is random brands ranging from Shure to TDK to Sennheiser.
about 75% of the headphones at the store are under $60.

By headphones I mean any form of sound device that goes in or on your ears, iems, earbuds, supraaural, circumaural, etc.

Aug 6, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #1,339 of 5,506
Then you should see that Apple Store. Display headphones? They're all beats. Except for 1, but that's skullcandy.
Something I did do though for kicks there at least, on an iPod, I loaded up and left a video of beats breaking.

Oh, and I think this would be the laugh worthy of that video of beats breaking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBIzjH4i7HA&feature=player_detailpage#t=54s
No, better one.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UcIGYutM2Q&feature=relmfu
Just listen to it.

Aug 7, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #1,341 of 5,506
My friend and I were looking at headphones today online and he spotted the Beats for $500 and said, "Those cost so much!  They gotta be better than yours (Senn HD438)."  I looked at him, shocked, since just last night he had listened mine and thought they were good.  I said, "Dude, have you even listened to the Beats?  Too boomy and lack clarity."  He went on telling me that his $17 Skullcandies sound better than my Senns.

Aug 7, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #1,346 of 5,506
No, they wont blend. They will Frappe.

Aug 7, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #1,348 of 5,506
Nobody frowns upon me, I frown upon others wearing beats lol.

Most of them are white little rich kids and every time i feel like smacking them in the face, taking their beats, and selling them.

I dont really mind the fact that they wasted their money( since its not my money )but i hate the whole hipster cliche that revolves around them. You have to be pretty ballsy to wear expensive earphones around your neck where i live, especially if your a scrawny nerd with tons of money. I'm normally a chill layed back guy but if i was in the right place in the right time I would lay that kid i saw in fred meyer out and take his beats

Aug 7, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #1,349 of 5,506

Quote:
Nobody frowns upon me, I frown upon others wearing beats lol.

Most of them are white little rich kids and every time i feel like smacking them in the face, taking their beats, and selling them.

I dont really mind the fact that they wasted their money( since its not my money )but i hate the whole hipster cliche that revolves around them. You have to be pretty ballsy to wear expensive earphones around your neck where i live, especially if your a scrawny nerd with tons of money. I'm normally a chill layed back guy but if i was in the right place in the right time I would lay that kid i saw in fred meyer out and take his beats

You sound like an uptight bully. sign up for some anger management courses before you wind up trying to bully someone who will kick your can all over the block

Users who are viewing this thread

Back