Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jun 29, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #872 of 5,506
I don't get called out for not wearing Beats. Because I wear Skull Candies.

Jun 30, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #875 of 5,506
Jun 30, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #877 of 5,506
i have a pair of skullcrushers with hd800 drivers. suck on it 

Jun 30, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #879 of 5,506
lol they just threw it out

Jun 30, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #880 of 5,506
The distortion is epic, but there are plenty of square wave almost that awful.

And then there's this one...

Jun 30, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #881 of 5,506

Quote:
They're too damn uncomfortable, even if its the sound sig for you...

In case you didn't realize, it was sacasm, as I loathe the trifecta that is Skullcandy, Beats and iBuds
tongue.gif
No trash for me.

Jun 30, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #882 of 5,506
Quote:
In case you didn't realize, it was sacasm, as I loathe the trifecta that is Skullcandy, Beats and iBuds
tongue.gif
No trash for me.

I was pretty sure it was, but I can't pass up an opportunity to post hilarious graphs...

Jun 30, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #883 of 5,506
Heya,

I think it's a little strange that things like Beats get trashed upon heavily to the point that you'd expect them to sound like a cheap pair of `included with product' headphones that come with a cheap portable CD player from the 1990's. It's simply not the case. They're not the most amazing audiophile grade headphones. They're expensive. Sound wise, they compare to headphones that are cheaper. But there are also non-Beats that cost a lot and compare to cheaper headphones. I could care less honestly what someone on the street is walking around with. If they like their Beats, so what? Sure, I look down my nose at the beats when I compare them to my Ultrasone 900 Pros. And no, I won't recommend Beats to someone since I think in every budget category there's a better headphone; but that's based on sound alone, and no other factors (availability, style, noise-canceling, etc). But one thing you cannot take away from Beats is that some people like the style of the headphone and are willing to pay for the fashion of it. And so they do. There's nothing wrong with that.

What's with the love to hate on Beats?

I frankly get more sick of hearing about M50's and how glorious they are around here--and I don't think they are at all.

Very best,

Jun 30, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #884 of 5,506

Quote:
Heya,

I think it's a little strange that things like Beats get trashed upon heavily to the point that you'd expect them to sound like a cheap pair of `included with product' headphones that come with a cheap portable CD player from the 1990's. It's simply not the case. They're not the most amazing audiophile grade headphones. They're expensive. Sound wise, they compare to headphones that are cheaper. But there are also non-Beats that cost a lot and compare to cheaper headphones. I could care less honestly what someone on the street is walking around with. If they like their Beats, so what? Sure, I look down my nose at the beats when I compare them to my Ultrasone 900 Pros. And no, I won't recommend Beats to someone since I think in every budget category there's a better headphone; but that's based on sound alone, and no other factors (availability, style, noise-canceling, etc). But one thing you cannot take away from Beats is that some people like the style of the headphone and are willing to pay for the fashion of it. And so they do. There's nothing wrong with that.

What's with the love to hate on Beats?

I frankly get more sick of hearing about M50's and how glorious they are around here--and I don't think they are at all.

Very best,

i agree about the beats.  I love mainstream focus on audio.  As they used to say back in the day, it is "raising the sound".  I also like the fact this it is becoming kosher to wear big headphones in public.

As for m50s, i totally disagree with you, and believe the hype is real.

Jun 30, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #885 of 5,506

That may be the worst graph i have seen yet HAHAHA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back