Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jun 1, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #541 of 5,506

Quote:
I was asked why I didn't buy beats with my money, instead of buying Phiaton MS 400s by group of my friends who were into skullcandy and beats. I find it really hard to just ignore them and not explain everything, but i'm tired of the amount of people thinking beats and skullcandy are top brands. I got a couple of remarks after letting them try out my headphones:

- "Why aren't these suction cups like the Beats?"

- "It sounds clearer, but I think the Beats' bass is better."

- "Why would you waste your money on these when you could've gotten Beats?"

- "This looks like a mix of Skullcandy and Beats.."

- "These suck, they aren't even close to the quality of the Beats."

This is frustrating. I try to explain to them everything about the Beats and how they're overpriced and how you can do much better for >$250 and how bass isn't everything and how theres no such thing as suction cup headphones and how skullcandy's lower-end products suck and how you should do research, but they just wouldn't listen, halfway through I got cut off and just gave up. What do I do.. -.-

Ignore them; they are too far gone to be helped now...
frown.gif

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #544 of 5,506
I wouldn't exactly call it fair to compare beats users to the KKK or westboro church. People who use Beats just go for whatever they hear is good from the TV and music, in this case it's the beats. They just don't have their priorities in audio quality like the rest of us. 

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #545 of 5,506

Quote:
Remember, kids: We are all born stupid and ignorant. Most of us will outgrow this and become better people. However, some are doomed to live forever in darkness such as the KKK, Westboro Baptist Church and Beats lovers.

Those comparisons are pretty nuts o.O

Beats lovers should definitely not be compared to the KKK or the Westboro Baptist Church lol...

Jun 1, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #546 of 5,506

have you guys seen this guy on youtube, last year he reviewed the beats, proclaimed it best headphone ever... Now his last headphone review was an HE-500.  It's kinda nice to see someone figure it out.
Quote:
I wouldn't exactly call it fair to compare beats users to the KKK or westboro church. People who use Beats just go for whatever they hear is good from the TV and music, in this case it's the beats. They just don't have their priorities in audio quality like the rest of us. 

Jun 1, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #548 of 5,506
Quote:
Remember, kids: We are all born stupid and ignorant. Most of us will outgrow this and become better people. However, some are doomed to live forever in darkness such as the KKK, Westboro Baptist Church and Beats lovers.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake2393 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those comparisons are pretty nuts o.O

Beats lovers should definitely not be compared to the KKK or the Westboro Baptist Church lol...

Quote:
Hyperbole is fun. All I'm gonna say.

Most everyone around here is far to serious.  If you don't add half a dozen smiley faces and a <sarcasm> tag people are going to take everything you say dead serious no matter how stupid or over the top it is.

I tried to rectify that with my sig, but it never helps...

Jun 2, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #551 of 5,506
Punch the beats and watch them crumble, then smack the person with the phitons and laugh as they suffer a concussion  due to a better build quality.

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #552 of 5,506

Quote:
Hmm, that's a tough one.  I realized the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 are recommended a lot, but I think the represent the best combination of price, durability, ease of use(can be played from an ipod or a mp3 player just fine), portability, looks and most importantly sound quality.

Also bass oriented sound signature (i.e. the 'Average Joe sound signature') + a minor but can be influential 'actually used in the studio' aspect.

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #553 of 5,506

Quote:
have you guys seen this guy on youtube, last year he reviewed the beats, proclaimed it best headphone ever... Now his last headphone review was an HE-500.  It's kinda nice to see someone figure it out.

are you talking about thatsnazzyiphone guy known as quin. ya i appreciate his reviews. he did a 20 minute video on how evil monster cable is and why the beats by dre suck.

in fact this is the video

Users who are viewing this thread

Back