Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Apr 12, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #361 of 5,506
A guy I walked past in the hall with my M50 on (picture the AT logo) excalimed, "Are those the Mountain Beats?"

>_____________>

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #362 of 5,506
If it wasn't getting late I might make a quick photoshop of Sherpas leading Dre up Mt Everest or something...

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #363 of 5,506

Quote:
A guy I walked past in the hall with my M50 on (picture the AT logo) excalimed, "Are those the Mountain Beats?"

>_____________>

that made my day.
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #364 of 5,506

Quote:
Eh, I do know that, but I'm willing to sacrifice. Sometimes open is a benefit, so you know where the car is before it hits you
tongue_smile.gif

I'm not sure it's as lean as you think. I have to double my usual volume with open headphones to get anything out, and that way everyone can hear me. Trying to hear music on the subway is impossible. I just don't want you to make a purchase you might regret. There are very good closed headphones out there, and they usually have more bass punch because the sound reverbrates inside the shell. But ultimately it's your call =) you can always end up using them at home if you can't use them outside.

Apr 12, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #365 of 5,506

Quote:
I'm not sure it's as lean as you think. I have to double my usual volume with open headphones to get anything out, and that way everyone can hear me. Trying to hear music on the subway is impossible. I just don't want you to make a purchase you might regret. There are very good closed headphones out there, and they usually have more bass punch because the sound reverbrates inside the shell. But ultimately it's your call =) you can always end up using them at home if you can't use them outside.

Eh... oh... Well I'm starting to get some occasional outbreaks of tinnitus in my ears so I've had to keep my headphones at 40% of iPod volume (I had it around 60-70%, which is supposedly borderline safe, but I guess my ears are too sensitive). I guess the researchers were wrong. So I probably shouldn't consider it. I'll have to consider other treble/mid range options with a closed backing then, possibly. I like having ears keen enough to hear the buzz from the electric current in a light bulb :frowning2:

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #366 of 5,506
everytime i bring my HD600 and amp to computer class, first thing they ask: what is this square thing, i am like...it's an amp, they go like: so it makes it sound louder?
i go like no no no, so on and so for, second thing they look at my HD600, they ask, why is there a fan in the headphones..? i am like thats the speaker....they are like WHAT?
thats so ugly, why didn't you buy beats, i bet they are much better than these cheap piece of crap. After that, they saw my RED 24awg x4 Mogami cable, they are like,
you see, your cable is red, thats copying beats!! after i told them this is a custom cable that cost over $100 they dropped their jaws LOL
then i let them try out my desktop set up, i shut them up for good.

Apr 13, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #367 of 5,506
everytime i bring my HD600 and amp to computer class, first thing they ask: what is this square thing, i am like...it's an amp, they go like: so it makes it sound louder?
i go like no no no, so on and so for, second thing they look at my HD600, they ask, why is there a fan in the headphones..? i am like thats the speaker....they are like WHAT?
thats so ugly, why didn't you buy beats, i bet they are much better than these cheap piece of crap. After that, they saw my RED 24awg x4 Mogami cable, they are like,
you see, your cable is red, thats copying beats!! after i told them this is a custom cable that cost over $100 they dropped their jaws LOL

YOUR CABLE IS RED. THIS COLOR OBVIOUSLY BELONGS TO DR DRE. YOU'RE A PHONY.

Also, I laughed at 'Why is there a fan in your headphones?' That was awesome.

Oh and...Cheap piece of crap...My face.

Apr 13, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #368 of 5,506

Quote:
Quote:

YOUR CABLE IS RED. THIS COLOR OBVIOUSLY BELONGS TO DR DRE. YOU'RE A PHONY.

Also, I laughed at 'Why is there a fan in your headphones?' That was awesome.

Oh and...Cheap piece of crap...My face.

Fire up the medical chainsaws!!!!!!!

this will clearly show him that red belongs to everybody :D

Apr 13, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #369 of 5,506
You could always say. "This red is from the blood of my vanquished foes and serve as a reminder that you shall meet this fate one day from my hands"

Apr 13, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #370 of 5,506
Meh. The red is for the suffering it caused you to pay for all that stuff and lug it around to computer class all day.

Apr 13, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #371 of 5,506
true. at 170 usd min new.. That's basically for me.. 10 days of food (breakfest, lunch, dinner)
But then again, i'd go for a month without food for an amp or headphones..

Apr 13, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #372 of 5,506
the average beats owner says this to me when i tell them my headphones are better

me: look at my headphones, these are professional headphones used in the studio.
beats fan: are they the beats studios
me: no they are the shure srh840 studio headphones, they cost $200
beats fan: my beats are better
me: no beats are over priced, my pioneer se m390 i got for $70 bucks sounds just as good if not better.
beats fan: your just jealous cause you can't afford the beats.
me: *facepalm*

Apr 13, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #373 of 5,506

Quote:
the average beats owner says this to me when i tell them my headphones are better

me: look at my headphones, these are professional headphones used in the studio.
beats fan: are they the beats studios
me: no they are the shure srh840 studio headphones, they cost $200
beats fan: my beats are better
me: no beats are over priced, my pioneer se m390 i got for $70 bucks sounds just as good if not better.
beats fan: your just jealous cause you can't afford the beats.
me: *facepalm*

Shouldn't have said sensitive sentence like that in front of someone who owns Beats, give him a try of your headphone and let their own conscience judge their own purchase.

Got a friend who just bought beats, well I think he's quite mad after I post some stuff regarding the reviews and critiques in Facebook about how overpriced Beats are in reality. There you go... typical Beats user, they need to justify their own purchase with that kind of attitude.

EDIT : forgot to add some stuff

Apr 13, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #374 of 5,506
This hasn't happened to me yet but i always ask the question "why do people over-wearing your beats?" I mean I got the solos because i didn't feel like paying a lot of money for basically the same thing only as an over ear and I barley wore them out in public. I'm just saying that i think people overwear their beats. So I guess you should just tell them you wanted to put your money toward something better and you feel as though you don't need beats to feel good about yourself. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back