Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Feb 20, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #31 of 5,506
Quote:
I'm an American born and bred...I'll say Americans are dumb. I mean we created Beats for Godsake...how smart can we be.

Well they're raking in the cash so I'd say they're pretty smart myself.

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #32 of 5,506
My friend keeps telling me to get beats...I wanna beat his head cause he's so annoying. =\ but i learned to ignore him! So far i have converted 2 people in my school into proper head-fi XD... they had beats and skull candies before :p...Just let them listen to my DT770 Pros and they were like "O____O" XD

Feb 20, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #33 of 5,506

Quote:
I got called out by some one flashing skullcandy skull-crushers, AND THE BEATS!!!!! i was about to BEAT some ones SKULL in hahahahaha....then I went on listing to some NIN with the HFI-580's and lold when I could here some crappy "wrap" and hip-hop from their side of the room. Seriously beats, and skullcandy don't isolate well....that or they could have.....ok lets be honest they had it at max volume with it boosted to be even louder. 

Hahahaha, wow. I would've been offended just by looking at all of the crap this person had on them
cool.gif

Feb 20, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #34 of 5,506

Quote:
Never been asked about why I don't wear Beats, but I'm sure I'll give whoever is asking a rational, well-reasoned explanation...right after I vomit on their shoes at the suggestion of my wearing anything Monster.

If someone is willing to listen to an explanation of why the Beats get ripped apart in comparison to other cans around that price-range (as well as cans that are 200$ less), then I would gladly share that info with them. However, the people that tend to buy into the Monster marketing scams don't really listen to reason 
frown.gif
. You must admit that the Turbine line of products are at least "decent" if not very good (MTPG & MTPC) 
wink_face.gif

Feb 20, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #35 of 5,506

Quote:
Never been asked about why I don't wear Beats, but I'm sure I'll give whoever is asking a rational, well-reasoned explanation...right after I vomit on their shoes at the suggestion of my wearing anything Monster.

Hopefully they will be wearing their Monster sneakers with iridium laces, so as to not be "ruined" by your vomit.

Feb 20, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #37 of 5,506
yea....thats pretty, stupid to be blunt IMP D1001>D2000 the d1001 dont sound anyhting like a koss clip on lol, but the D2000 sound very similar ot the hfi-580 for the price. 

Feb 20, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #38 of 5,506
First off this has never happened, I have never personally been called out... though when I was convincing my friend NOT to buy Beats, a Beats proponent did over hear and a debate ensue. Pretty sad since he did not hear of most of the companies I stated other than Shure and Panasonic, and he didn't even know Panasonic made headphones, under their name or the Technics label. 

I have been called out for spending so much on headphones though... That is until I tell my friends to try them out... Then normally they shut up about price after that. Hell just for feeling the build quality they shut up, before they hear the sound. 

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #40 of 5,506
Most people react to my portable amp more and the TF10. Someone just say get some Bose headphones and it will beat my setup, I kinda died a little inside... D:

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #41 of 5,506
Nobody has ever asked me, but then again...I walk around all day long with a look on my face that makes people think I could stab a pencil through their neck and then go eat lunch and not think twice about it. 

This!

Luckily I have never been asked before, but then again I don't live on campus. If I were to be asked though, I would probably make some sort of smartass remark like, "When you realize that Dre or Monster just robbed you blind, then you can come talk to me and I will show you what real headphones are supposed to sound like :D"

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #44 of 5,506

Quote:
I've never been called out for not having beats, but a lot of my friends frown upon me spending $100+ on headphones, people that make music and care about it. They don't care about the quality though. I have one friend who's mildly interested, but he's been teetering for a while now. I'd bring my Ad900 for my friends to try, but I don't want to risk them breaking. My girlfriend loves them though and understands why they cost so much, in-fact she bought them for me.

I've gotten this, not Bose or Beats condescension. There is always something people spend a lot of money on, and yet for some reason they can't figure out that other people have different things that fill the same role in their lives. It's always great when somebody who has one of those smart phones that cost them $300 criticizes my headphone purchase. There's a lot I could say to these people (like how little use I would have for such a phone and how pointless I think they are, hence my failure to purchase one), but I see that the phone is what makes them happy (for reasons that have yet to appear) and I respect that.

Mostly people understand with my headphones, but there's always that one person who feels the need to tell everybody whose purchasing habits don't resemble theirs that they wasted their money. Luckily, I actually don't know too many people like that.

Feb 20, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #45 of 5,506

Quote:
I've never been called out for not having beats, but a lot of my friends frown upon me spending $100+ on headphones, people that make music and care about it. They don't care about the quality though. I have one friend who's mildly interested, but he's been teetering for a while now. I'd bring my Ad900 for my friends to try, but I don't want to risk them breaking. My girlfriend loves them though and understands why they cost so much, in-fact she bought them for me.

I know this is random and probably creepy, but oh my gosh she's your girlfriend now?!

And my satellite friend once questioned why I used my DT220's instead of Beats. I promptly hit them with it (they could survive a nuclear war.) and told them to do the same with the Beats and see if it doesn't break. He almost did too until he noticed the sarcastic tone of my voice and figured that wouldn't end well. He didn't really like the sound of them though. Said not enough bass, which I can't really fault him on. He loved the mids though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back