Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Dec 16, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #2,896 of 5,506
awww....the pros don't sound bad and the studios are fun for some hip hop/rap
frown.gif

Dec 16, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #2,897 of 5,506
Now just get a rubber band to strap the iphone to your beats and BAM!... instant fashionable handsfree platform. 

Dec 16, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #2,899 of 5,506

Quote:

imo, they even sound extremely bloated with rap.I personally want to hear the lyrics, which is not possible with the beats.

the pros or the studios? The studios I agree but sometimes I just want to jam out and nod my head to the bass. The studios provide that for me....so do the XB500s apparently but let's not upset the beats fans with this info
wink_face.gif

Dec 16, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #2,900 of 5,506
Here's my story.

My relatives ask me what I want for the holidays. I say nothing really, but vaguely mention that I like headphones and music. 1 week later, I see an amazon package at my door. I say oh this must be my present. About 3 seconds before I unboxed it, I said to myself wow these look like the size of what Beats come in. I open it and BAM...BEATS SOLO HD. I yell so loud and say OMG why did they get me this!?!? Come on! Now I hate beats. So when my relatives call me to see if I got them and opened them, I don't know what to tell them. So i lie and ask how did they know I "wanted beats so badly"? She said that her son owned Beats and that I had told him I liked headphones so he recommended her to get them for me cause everyone has Beats. In actuality, I had specifically told him that while I do like headphones, I think Beats suck and are overpriced. Obviously he didn't hear that part. THEN the next day at school I explain to my friends that I got Beats and want to return them because they suck. Their response: " Your so stupid! Beats are sooo good and are the best things on the planet! What's wrong with you!"  Just goes to show how ignorant today's teenager's(especially rich and cool ones) truly are.

So what I decided to do was return them, get a refund, and probably get the Brainwavs HM5, as I hear great things about that newcoming headphone. So hopefully I can turn this present from something terrible to something great :) I don't blame my relatives though as they simply didn't know. I was flattered that they spent that much money, just on something bad that's all. Just goes to show how much Beats suck and how easily people are led to believe they are truly bang for your buck.

Player1josh46  
dt880smile.png

Dec 16, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #2,903 of 5,506

Quote:
Am I the only person that thinks the Studios don't have enough bass ? I mean, even the open back Sennheisers had more bass compared to them.

I think the studios have a severe cut off in the sub bass region.

Dec 16, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #2,904 of 5,506

Quote:
Here's my story.

My relatives ask me what I want for the holidays. I say nothing really, but vaguely mention that I like headphones and music. 1 week later, I see an amazon package at my door. I say oh this must be my present. About 3 seconds before I unboxed it, I said to myself wow these look like the size of what Beats come in. I open it and BAM...BEATS SOLO HD. I yell so loud and say OMG why did they get me this!?!? Come on! Now I hate beats. So when my relatives call me to see if I got them and opened them, I don't know what to tell them. So i lie and ask how did they know I "wanted beats so badly"? She said that her son owned Beats and that I had told him I liked headphones so he recommended her to get them for me cause everyone has Beats. In actuality, I had specifically told him that while I do like headphones, I think Beats suck and are overpriced. Obviously he didn't hear that part. THEN the next day at school I explain to my friends that I got Beats and want to return them because they suck. Their response: " Your so stupid! Beats are sooo good and are the best things on the planet! What's wrong with you!"  Just goes to show how ignorant today's teenager's(especially rich and cool ones) truly are.

So what I decided to do was return them, get a refund, and probably get the Brainwavs HM5, as I hear great things about that newcoming headphone. So hopefully I can turn this present from something terrible to something great :) I don't blame my relatives though as they simply didn't know. I was flattered that they spent that much money, just on something bad that's all. Just goes to show how much Beats suck and how easily people are led to believe they are truly bang for your buck.

Player1josh46  
dt880smile.png

Relatives asked me what I wanted for Xmas. Your post highlighted exactly why I didn't say "headphones". 

Dec 16, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #2,905 of 5,506
I just read this on an Amazon review for the Creative Aurvana Live!, I had to share. Apparently these are great for budget, but for connoiseurs he recommends the Beats:

[size=small]I got these headphones about a year ago and I have been very happy with them. They are a comfortable fit and the quality of the music is great. Not only are these good for listening to music but I watch all my movies using these headphones. [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]I have recently bought a set of beats by docter dre and I have to say that they are on a completely different level of performance but you pay 6 times as much. For value for money I would suggest you get these headphones but if you are the type of person that enjoys the finer nuances of music then just splash out on beats. [/size]

Dec 16, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #2,906 of 5,506
Ditto. People know that I love headphones and headphone-related gear, but I insist that they never even think about trying to get me either. This is the primary reason. The other reason is because if they found out how much some of my gear cost, they'd crucify me. The GF especially. x.x

Quote:
Relatives asked me what I wanted for Xmas. Your post highlighted exactly why I didn't say "headphones". 

Dec 16, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #2,908 of 5,506
Playing some 24/96 flacs through a 007/Blue Hawaii rig is a good way to show your family what the headphone thing is all about, as I found out. That, and strategically timed headphone gifts when they're most appreciated.

It's funny, when I cared to show this stuff off to others, I never got a reaction. Now that I absolutely don't care at all I've managed to open a lot of people's eyes (and ears) to what's out there. I guess people hear what they want to hear - if somebody's someone that can appreciate it, they're going to get turned onto good sound eventually, and when they're not, you're just wasting your breath and time.

Dec 16, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #2,909 of 5,506

Quote:
Depends what you consider "bass" to be. Below 300Hz? They have over-generous amounts, in fact I'd say that's all they have. Below 50Hz? Even the K701 put them to shame there.

And that's a damn shame lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back