[FYI] Various IEM's tips pictorial comparison (updated Sept 29th, 2011)
Feb 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #301 of 404
will it also lower the harshness  of the b2? i heard some complaints of too much sibilance

Yes, it will help to tame the harshness.

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #303 of 404
I ordered a bunch of "fake" Sony Hybrid tips from lostearbuds on Ebay. These are really pretty high quality. The sound quality from these pairs compared to the genuine hybrids are exactly the same! The genuines do feel a little better in comfort. However, considering 9 pairs of mix and match are 6 bucks and that for some reason, you can't buy a pack of sony hybrids with the same size (seriously, it's basically 8 dollars for a tip.... I can't believe Sony hasn't released single size packs yet) , I think the fakes are the way to go. Now if there was a way to get cheap Comply tips...

Thanks for the thread/review!

Mar 14, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #304 of 404
I've posted this is a separate thread as well, but this seems an appropriate place for it:

Hi All,

After using TF10s for a little over two years, the stock cable started failing (bending the cable even slightly at the connector caused one of the channels to drop out). This quickly got massively annoying, so after reading reviews on the RC-UE1 cable, I decided to take a shot on it (only $30, right?).

The RC-UE1 is awesome... built like a tank, no microphonics, and very flexible / lack of memory. However, there is one issue... no memory wire / ear guides near the tips. This means that, when walking around / moving my head, the IEMs tend to just slide out over time. Sitting still is no problem, but they just slooowly drift out, regardless of the tips used, if I'm moving. I've tried all the stock tips, as well as some cheap double flanges I have from the RE-2, and also have Sony Hybrids. The Hybrids are the best (and are what I used with the stock UE cable), but even these slide out pretty easily (all sizes). Comply / foam is not an option, since I need to be able to remove / insert the IEMs pretty quickly.

Any ideas?

Mar 14, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #305 of 404
The easiest fix is try to find yourself an ear guide.

Mar 23, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #307 of 404
I don't think Ive ever seen this thread before.  It is an awesome tip guide.

Mar 23, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #308 of 404
Double Post

May 7, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #309 of 404
which Shure olive should fit me best?
for reference, Sony Hybrids (original) M and SM size are the best (and maybe the only) that fit me w/o a problem. i asume the S or M Olive, but not sure which size to order

thanks

May 23, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #312 of 404
do u find a difference/improvement with the sony hybrids with foam over the regular ones?

Not much actually. It is definitely firmer than the regular Hybrid, but I already get really good fit on the regular and the foamed Hybrid doesn't bring much difference.

Jul 13, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #313 of 404
Quote:
Dimension of inner opening:
iM716 black long foam, Shure yellow foam, and ER6i comply foam all come with an internal silicone tube lining, with opening of 2mm (expendable to 3mm+).

UE silicone, UE bi-flanges, X3i bi-flanges, RE1 bi-flanges, and typical Sony/Panasonic/Audio Technica silicone all have internal opening of 4mm (expendable to 7mm+).

UE foam has internal opening of 5mm (expendable to 6mm+).

Shure clear PVC and Shure gray silicone have internal opening of 2.5mm (expendable to 4mm+).

Shure black foam (olive) has an internal silicone tube lining, with opening of 3mm (expendable to 4mm+, 5mm+ if you force it).

Ety tri-flanges have internal opening of 1.8mm (expendable to 3.5mm+).

SA6 bi-flanges have internal opening of 2.5mm (expendable to 6mm+).

Most useful part of this awesome thread for me 
etysmile.gif

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #315 of 404
which tips do you recommend for ADDIEM ? Comply? Bi flange? 3 flange? Sony hybrids? any other?

I mostly use either Sony Hybrid or JAYS eartips on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back