[FYI] Various IEM's tips pictorial comparison (updated Sept 29th, 2011)
Apr 9, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #137 of 404

Quote:
how are meelec tips (sold alone) compared to the sony hybrids?
are the meelec meant only to fit the meelec models? which one should fot to the pl50?

MEElec eartips is decent, but I prefer real Sony Hybrid because the flange is generally softer. Not all MEElec eartips can be used for PL50. Only those for A151 will fit.

Apr 11, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #138 of 404

Quote:
In regular use, most foam tips will degrade with in 1 month (that is assuming you keep a clean ear canal). Shure Olives are known to last more than 1 month (some even reach 3 months with regular cleaning). YMMV.

does that "1 month" depends on the time that you use the tips a day? if so , how much ?

Apr 11, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #139 of 404

Quote:
does that "1 month" depends on the time that you use the tips a day? if so , how much ?

It depends upon a variety of factors. Length of time worn, amount you sweat, how often they are removed and reinserted, etc. The best way to preserve foam tips is to regularly clean them with a solution of hydrogen peroxide. Don't make it too strong though, maybe 1.5% concentration. Since most bottles already come in 3%, just use half h202 and half water.

Apr 11, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #140 of 404
what an useful thread!
i assume the "iM716 black long foam" are the same as the Ety foams? im not a fan of IEMs mostly because i have ft issues, but some weeks ago i bought the Ety MC5 and the foams are a bless for my ears, i am used to wear safety tips at work and this ressembles those but even softer. bad news is Joker told me they wear out quickly.

Apr 11, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #141 of 404
Quote:

Basically what JxK said.

Quote:
what an useful thread!
i assume the "iM716 black long foam" are the same as the Ety foams? im not a fan of IEMs mostly because i have ft issues, but some weeks ago i bought the Ety MC5 and the foams are a bless for my ears, i am used to wear safety tips at work and this ressembles those but even softer. bad news is Joker told me they wear out quickly.

Yes, it is the same foam.

May 3, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #142 of 404
May 4, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #143 of 404
Klipsch has semi-small nozzle (~3.5mm), but you probably can force that eartip (which isn't the real Klipsch oval eartip btw) to fit on FAD.

Jun 11, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #145 of 404

Quote:
Klipsch has semi-small nozzle (~3.5mm), but you probably can force that eartip (which isn't the real Klipsch oval eartip btw) to fit on FAD.

Would you be able to force the Klipsch's onto an SE215? I've found the biflanges to be the only tips that create a good seal for me, and I've been interested in the SE215s. It seems they would, as the Olives are 3mm according to your first post.

Jun 11, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #146 of 404

Quote:
Would you be able to force the Klipsch's onto an SE215? I've found the biflanges to be the only tips that create a good seal for me, and I've been interested in the SE215s. It seems they would, as the Olives are 3mm according to your first post.

Klipsch oval eartips should fit on SE215 easily, but SE215 has a much longer nozzle than any of the Klipsch so you might not get enough insertion depth.

Jun 11, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #147 of 404
hello again people
after a long wait i got my pl50!! YAY!! congrate me!!
buuuutt... the thing is
i tried all of the tips the s/m/l/xl silicone and s/m/l foams
and in the end the best fit and seal i got with were the silicone M size. they just stay put and dont even move nor fall and i get a pretty good isolation.
the s-size silicone are ok, but dont give a good seal and are a bit loose in my ears. the L are too big and fall. and finally the XL ... what is that???!!!! ridiculously big.
the foams ones, which btw were a reason why i got the pl50: the small ones are ok but as with the silicone too small. the M ones fit  really well but a little bit loose, but the main concern a dont get a good seal , so not a good isolation either. finally the L ones are better in fit and give a close isolation to the  silicone M. but i need a deeper insertion to get that isolation. but the main problem , they're a big enough to keep poping out.

summing up: the M silicone are best! no deep insertion and very good isolation. and no wax problems , as they dont get too deep, opposite to the foam ones which catch some wax.
my question here is : any suggestion to something like those ones with little better comfort and  isolation? i prefer foam but it isnt a must
thank you
and sorry for the long post

and i forgot to mention: i feel the silicone  give a better sound than the foam

Jun 11, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #149 of 404

Quote:
hello again people
after a long wait i got my pl50!! YAY!! congrate me!!

Congrat. You can try mid sided Sony Hybird or JAYS' foam if you like.

Quote:
I was wondering if the klipsch oval tips have small sound holes like the Shure/Westone gray flex sleeves or larger sound holes like Sony hybrids?

Klipsch has mall bore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back