[FYI] Various IEM's tips pictorial comparison (updated Sept 29th, 2011)
Mar 27, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #121 of 404
Quote:

Originally Posted by shiaulou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Were the medium clones you ordered pretty close to the real hybrid mediums in diameter? Thanks!

Yes they are.

Apr 23, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #122 of 404
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bottom: Sony hybrid silicone (SS, S, SM, M, LM, L, LL)
*Sony Hybrid Replacement Eartips pack (EPEX10A) is made out of SS, S, M, and L -size eartips.

Where can I buy the SM, LM, and LL sizes for Sony hybrids (because they're not in the replacement pack)? I want to get the perfect fit =P

Apr 23, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #123 of 404
Quote:

Originally Posted by osogato /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can I buy the SM, LM, and LL sizes for Sony hybrids (because they're not in the replacement pack)? I want to get the perfect fit =P

You will have to call your local Sony Style / official repair center and ask them for replacement parts for EX700, if you are lucky maybe they will stock them.

Aug 11, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #124 of 404
Hi guys,

I just got a pair of Hippo VB and I'm not really satisfied with the original eartips.

From what I've seen in the first post, the ER6i comply foam seem really nice. Where can I find these please?

Thanks!

Aug 11, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #125 of 404
Don't  use comply tips. Besides being criminally overpriced, they do horrible things to the highs. For tips, get the meelectronics tips from the M11. The M11 tips come in s,m,l, double and triple flange. They only cost $5 too. Or you could try the 10-tip pack form the M11+ for $10. The quality is just as good as the UE super.fi tips, except they're cheaper and have more sizes.

Aug 11, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #126 of 404
As far as I know, ER6i (in fact all Etymotic) doesn't ship with Comply. Etymotic uses its own foam tips. As for Comply, it is a hit and miss. I really love them on my TF10, Phiaton PS210, q-JAYS and more recently, on my RE0, but in general they are not too suitable for non-analytical IEM. If you know what size your eartips are, Sony hybrid (or its clone) is a good choice as well.

Aug 11, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #127 of 404
I remember buying the ER6i and they came with some kind of orange foam tip which is shown in the first post here (4th from the left on the top row). Foam in general are a hit and miss but it probably works better if you make them yourself since they are cheap and you can make it so it doesn't cut off the treble. I did like them on the ER6i but hated them on everything else but haven't really tried them recently.

Oct 29, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #128 of 404
Has anyone tried the V-Moda "style" tips?  They are great on the Panasonic HJE900's, almost as good as the Shure Olives and easier to insert (over the ears only, for me though).  The output opening flares out a bit which I believe helps SQ.   And they are CHEAP!! (6 pairs for $4 shipped).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320561886476&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Not sure if they are authentic V-Moda tips, but at this price they are worth trying.

Feb 25, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #129 of 404
hmm dont know how i got here. But seems like a good thread to post my questions on eartips for Qjays.

have a few questions:

When using the TX100..do i still need to use the regular filter on the qjays?
Will the Shure olives fit the Qjays? Seems Shure olives are cheaper than Complys.

Feb 26, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #130 of 404

Quote:
When using the TX100..do i still need to use the regular filter on the qjays?
Will the Shure olives fit the Qjays? Seems Shure olives are cheaper than Complys.

Regarding TX100 - you don't have to, but I'll suggest you use it unless you find the TX100 is muffling the treble too much to your liking.

Shure olive won't fit on q-JAYS without modification (well actually it will, but it is going to be very tight). Try this instead - O.J.Mod

Feb 27, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #131 of 404
Thanks for your reply clieos.
How do you know if the tip fits well? i am using the jays foams. I notice that the isolation is not as good as with single flange and also its pretty easy to move it around.

Feb 27, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #132 of 404
I tried them on my q-JAYS, that's how I know. If you are using the original JAYS foam, then wait till it degraded to a point that it is no longer useful, the do the O.J. Mod and you will have a pair of foam tip that will last a very very long time.

Mar 26, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #133 of 404
I'm thinking of getting shure olives for my etymotic hf5s but I'm unsure as to what size I should order. I currently use the small tri-flanged tips that came with the hf5s but I don't see it in this guide. Forgive me if I simply overlooked it.

Mar 26, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #134 of 404
I really hope someone can help me quickly. My cats just ate my etymotic er6's and now i need to replace them asap (I am a cleaner so really rely on IEMs to block out the sound of the vacuum cleaner etc). Bi and triple flange tips seem to be best for me but i'm feeling a little adventurous and want to try a different brand of heads than etymotic again. I have the opportunity to pick up some brand new Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5 for just $60 (I have $60 store credit). http://www.themp3outletstore.com.au/catalog/earphones/ultimate-ears-superfi-5vi-earphones-w-microphone-rrp-259.html I'm wondering if my etymotic flange tips will fit on these heads? Can anyone confirm?

Cheers,

Bruce

Mar 27, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #135 of 404
Quote:
I'm thinking of getting shure olives for my etymotic hf5s but I'm unsure as to what size I should order. I currently use the small tri-flanged tips that came with the hf5s but I don't see it in this guide. Forgive me if I simply overlooked it.

The small one should be okay for you.

Quote:
I really hope someone can help me quickly. My cats just ate my etymotic er6's and now i need to replace them asap (I am a cleaner so really rely on IEMs to block out the sound of the vacuum cleaner etc). Bi and triple flange tips seem to be best for me but i'm feeling a little adventurous and want to try a different brand of heads than etymotic again. I have the opportunity to pick up some brand new Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5 for just $60 (I have $60 store credit). http://www.themp3outletstore.com.au/catalog/earphones/ultimate-ears-superfi-5vi-earphones-w-microphone-rrp-259.html I'm wondering if my etymotic flange tips will fit on these heads? Can anyone confirm?

Etymotic flanges won't fit on Super.fi 5. You can force it to fit but the end result would probably be real bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back