[FYI] Various IEM's tips pictorial comparison (updated Sept 29th, 2011)
Jun 12, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #151 of 404
The fake one will work. Not sure about the JAYS actually. I picked mine up from a local store.

Jun 12, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #153 of 404

Quote:
silly question. are the fake hybrid 'legal ' ?

I don't think Sony ever applied a patent on their hybrid eartips, so there isn't any question regarding legality.

Jun 12, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #155 of 404
Jun 20, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #157 of 404
it's been more than a week im using the pl50 with the M silicone tips.
i donno why but i get the feeling the isolation got worse, quite worse. what should be the reason?
did the tips got softer and just dont block the noise? or something else? and how can i fix it?

Jun 20, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #158 of 404
Well, silicone eartips do absorb skill oil / earwax and get softer with time (a.k.a. break-in). No sure if that's your case though. Maybe you didn't quite get the best fit?

Jun 20, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #159 of 404
from all the tips , those are the only that really fit my ears, isolate and dont pop out. i think its the same fit i got at the beginning . truth is , that at first i got more pressure in my ears, and now dont even feel the tips. but the isolation the first days was much better , even in quite noisy places

i doubt they already broke-in with only 1+ week of use , about 2-3 hours a day. and doubt even more that my ears got different
blink.gif

Jun 23, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #160 of 404
hi is there any difference between the shure and ety tri-flanges?

and another question 
they sell on Ebay some tri-flanges, same seller that sells the sony hybrid clones,
http://cgi.ebay.com/earbud-Replacements-Noise-Isolation-Tips-Sm-MD-LG-/160463395521?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item255c5d1ac1 how are those compared to the originals?

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #161 of 404

Quote:
hi is there any difference between the shure and ety tri-flanges?

Ety tri-flange tends to be just a little harder, but overall the difference is very small and you probably can't tell it if you are not compareing them side by side.

Quote:
and another question 
they sell on Ebay some tri-flanges, same seller that sells the sony hybrid clones,
http://cgi.ebay.com/earbud-Replacements-Noise-Isolation-Tips-Sm-MD-LG-/160463395521?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item255c5d1ac1 how are those compared to the originals?

Those are for IEM will big nozzle. Not those from Shure / Ety / Westone.

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #163 of 404

Quote:
and for the meelec a151 and others with 4mm nozzle?

Then you should get the one that said it is compatible with Ety, Westone or Shure.

Jun 23, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #164 of 404
Anyone have a recommendation for a good bi-flange that will work with my Turbine Coppers(and where to get them)? For reference, Sony Hybrid mediums and smalls(but not the extra smalls) work best for me. I want as much isolation as I can get, but have issues keeping a seal with the various Super Tips, and tri-flanges(both larger and smaller ones) sort of "bottom out" on my ears.

Jun 24, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #165 of 404
First post updated with Comply, Shure and JAYS foam comparison.

Quote:
Anyone have a recommendation for a good bi-flange that will work with my Turbine Coppers(and where to get them)? For reference, Sony Hybrid mediums and smalls(but not the extra smalls) work best for me. I want as much isolation as I can get, but have issues keeping a seal with the various Super Tips, and tri-flanges(both larger and smaller ones) sort of "bottom out" on my ears.

MEElec bi-flange should fit, and they are of good quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back