[FYI] Various IEM's tips pictorial comparison (updated Sept 29th, 2011)
Dec 4, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #106 of 404
okay so after spending a few days with my tips i think i have more experience with them.... it seems that the rims of the ears are where it is bound to hurt or get discomfort, if your tips seat themselves deeper in the ear, it will be more comfortable... but im not sure, any audiologists here?

also , foam tips distribute pressure evenly along their contact, while silicon tips only contact at their perimeter, and deeper insertion means more distribution of pressure, so more comfort... i think...

i have a set of etymotic glider foams on the way, should i stock up on more of them? how long do they last?

Dec 9, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #107 of 404
Do you know of any deep-insertion tips that would fit a UE nozzle? With my ER6s I've become used to high isolation so I'd like to maintain that with the TF10s that I'm getting. Silicone definitely preferable to foam. Thanks.

Dec 10, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #108 of 404
i've gotten the ety glider tips... again the sleeve diameter is too thin and its muffling the sound... looks like tearing out tip sleeves and gluing mechanical pencil inner tubes is turning into something of a hobby for me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know of any deep-insertion tips that would fit a UE nozzle? With my ER6s I've become used to high isolation so I'd like to maintain that with the TF10s that I'm getting. Silicone definitely preferable to foam. Thanks.

deep insertion... silicone... triple flange? the Shure triple flanges seem to fit...

Dec 10, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #109 of 404
Quote:

Originally Posted by carmatic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've gotten the ety glider tips... again the sleeve diameter is too thin and its muffling the sound... looks like tearing out tip sleeves and gluing mechanical pencil inner tubes is turning into something of a hobby for me...

deep insertion... silicone... triple flange? the Shure triple flanges seem to fit...

Ugh. Those things were insanely uncomfortable for me.
frown.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #110 of 404
Quote:

Originally Posted by carmatic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

except that the UE nozzle and shure are different sizes..or probably a bunch of people would be suggesting the olives..however i do remember reading something about olives on the UE after some modification a couple years ago

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:32 AM Post #111 of 404
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh. Those things were insanely uncomfortable for me.
frown.gif

what? the triple flanges or the glider tips?

the glider tips are an.... educational experience... for me... i never knew that my left ear's inner structure is so different from my right, it could get a reliable seal on my right but its really tricky to do something about my left... pushing the tip too deep seems to get it into a section of my ear which it wont seal with, it will leak at certain angles, and because of the 4 'supports' under the flange, even the orientation that you put it in matters, and twisting it around seems to cause it to collapse and leak... but at least they do give a good seal on my right ear... they smell funny tho, not sure if thats harmful or not...

the shure triple flanges, on the other hand, have almost no isolation, and the edges of the flanges feel like tiny fingernails deep in my ear... and the internal diameter is really tiny, i dont know which IEM's it could work with without destroying the sound with such a small hole...

Feb 18, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #115 of 404
Can someone tell me how the fake eBay Sony hybrids (sold by lostearbuds) compare in size to the 3 stock black tips that come with RE0? I want to make sure that if the medium RE0 fits best then I should order all med. hybrids from eBay or should I get a mix just to be safe? The large RE0 black tips don't fit at all and the small are way too small. Thanks!

Hmm, I just tried the small black RE0 tips and if I shove them really far in I can get an okay seal and it feels more comfortable than the mediums. Maybe I'll order an equal number of mediums and smalls.

Feb 20, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #116 of 404
Sorry about the late reply, simply missed this thread as I have been very busy lately.

attachment.php

Top: SHE9850 small , Sony Hybrid Clone mid, Sony Hybrid mid.
Bottom: RE252's small, mid, large (should be the same as RE0)

Feb 20, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #117 of 404
Thanks for the reply, ClieOS. I went ahead and ordered 3 pairs each just to be safe. I don't think I'd need more than 3 pair of whatever I end up using so it works out fine. I hope it's not too much of a pain to get them installed on the RE0, I've seen some say it's very tight and some say it's not a problem.

Mar 27, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #118 of 404
Hey ClieoS or anyone else,
Between the real sony hybrids and the clones from lostearbuds (picture C), how do the diameters compare? I currently use L in the real sony hybrids but I'm interested in buying the clones you recommended from lostearbuds. Just wanted to make sure that the clones are same in size so I don't end up with 18 tips that I can't use! Thanks in advance!

Mar 27, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #119 of 404
I can't say for sure whether the L size clone is the same as the real one since I didn't order any other size but mid. But by looking at the picture in eBay, I will say they are very close to the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back