FX700 and EX1000 Owners: What Other IEMs Have You Purchased That You've Been Happy with?
Feb 14, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #77 of 142
I appreciate it though mastershake.

Feb 15, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #79 of 142
I will take a look at that review - thanks!

I think the reason that there are no reviews is because it is more expensive and much newer.  The prices JUST literally dropped to $500 for the CK100PRO in Japan (obviously they are only available there), and Amazon.co.jp sold out shortly after that price drop.  I believe they were $650 until very recently - which is very expensive (more than the PFE 232 even).

I might take a chance, pick-up a pair, and possible even let ljokerl review it.  I'm still debating though...

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #80 of 142

Quote:
I will take a look at that review - thanks!

I think the reason that there are no reviews is because it is more expensive and much newer.  The prices JUST literally dropped to $500 for the CK100PRO in Japan (obviously they are only available there), and Amazon.co.jp sold out shortly after that price drop.  I believe they were $650 until very recently - which is very expensive (more than the PFE 232 even).

I might take a chance, pick-up a pair, and possible even let ljokerl review it.  I'm still debating though...

In that price range you may be better just going for a custom man. That is why I'm gonna skip it although they do sound appealing. Same goes for the 232 but its price range just doesn't warrant itself being a universal (over-milking the cow).

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #81 of 142
I have grown to like the IE80 for jazz and some pop.
But, for electronic, dubstep and rock (zz top, van halen), they, IMO, just don't cut it. The FXT90 is much better those genres.

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #82 of 142
The TF10 really excel at dubstep. They just have the unnatural sound which goes well with dubstep (which sounds unnatural to begin with). I'm anxious to get my Custom pair back from resehll soon.

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #83 of 142

excel's greater than the fx700? I've been contemplating a counterpart to my fx700... preferably for edm and dubstep, been looking at the tf10 and eq-5 lately

Quote:
The TF10 really excel at dubstep. They just have the unnatural sound which goes well with dubstep (which sounds unnatural to begin with). I'm anxious to get my Custom pair back from resehll soon.

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #84 of 142
The presentation is quite different from the FX700. For female vocals especially the TF10s do a better job in dubstep. Its a more intimate presentation compared to the FX700s more open and stadium like presentation. Although the Tf10 still does have a pretty big sound stage on its own but it don't compare to the FX700 or IE80. Plus the isolation is a plus on the TF10. That is something I do like to have at times.

Quote:
excel's greater than the fx700? I've been contemplating a counterpart to my fx700... preferably for edm and dubstep, been looking at the tf10 and eq-5 lately

Quote:

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #86 of 142
I used to love me some earphones...until I came across big headphones.

But anyway, I actually wouldn't pick TF10 over the FX-700. It is bulky and not very ergonomic, plus it is so much more sensitive to different output impedance of the amp/DAP, as compared to something like the Westone 4 or the JH16. Unless you can get it for $99 on Amazon, IMO there are better options out there. If isolation is all you want, an Etymotic will can block out all noise (at least for me).

Among all the earphones that I have gone through, sometimes I would think....should I have kept the FX-700?

I can only hope that one day JVC Victor will release a successor to the FX-700, with a smoother treble, and a fuller midrange.

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #87 of 142

Quote:
I can only hope that one day JVC Victor will release a successor to the FX-700, with a smoother treble, and a fuller midrange.

Smoother treble would just kill half of what makes them so unique. I really appreciate their strong treble, especially for female voices.
L3000.gif

But the fuller midrange would be greatly appreciated!
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #88 of 142
Quote:

I would be right there with you koonhua if top-tier full-sized headphones didn't require additional gear that costs just as much (or more) than them to get optimal sound.  That reason is why I love IEMs so much: plug-and-play!

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #89 of 142

Quote:

But anyway, I actually wouldn't pick TF10 over the FX-700. It is bulky and not very ergonomic, plus it is so much more sensitive to different output impedance of the amp/DAP, as compared to something like the Westone 4 or the JH16. Unless you can get it for $99 on Amazon, IMO there are better options out there. If isolation is all you want, an Etymotic will can block out all noise (at least for me).

Among all the earphones that I have gone through, sometimes I would think....should I have kept the FX-700?

Yes if they could accomplish this and maybe a bigger and more balanced sound stage more focused towards the center and expanding outward. I've been a bit disappointed with my FX700s as of late :frowning2:.

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #90 of 142

Quote:
Smoother treble would just kill half of what makes them so unique. I really appreciate their strong treble, especially for female voices.
L3000.gif

But the fuller midrange would be greatly appreciated!
tongue_smile.gif

Smoother doesn't have to mean rolled off. Just not as fatiguing which will allow for longer listening sessions and even a little more fun with higher volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back