FX700 and EX1000 Owners: What Other IEMs Have You Purchased That You've Been Happy with?
Mar 8, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #136 of 142
See, reading what everyone is saying Im wondering if Im not doing something right  I havent had the chance to sit down with them yet (Im still at work) or play with the ear buds but my EX1000's seem to have virtually no bass. My AKG Q350's blow them away with the thump they can dish compared to the EX1000.  Ive plugged them into my iPhone 4 and have been letting them sit in the closed box on 3/4 volume for the past 7 ish hours hoping they just simply suck straight out of the box.

I also look forwad to trying them on my Denon receiver when I get home.

Do you have a good seal. The EX1000 are on the bass light side though but do reach real deep and very controlled. The seal could be an issue for you. If anything, the bass was my favorite thing on them followed by the mid range. Although the bass was lacking in quantity IMO.

Mar 22, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #137 of 142
BAM! Joined the bandwagon...

went a little overboard, I have both EX1000's and IE80's coming to me within the next few days (OUCH for the wallet)

plus just got some V-Moda clear silicon medium and large tips from amazon for my FX700's, which I like MUCH better than the stock tips as of now but I haven't had much time to A/B

Quote:
I love the FX700 and EX1000.  You need to join the bandwagon.  The only problem is that you may start liking the EX1000s more than the FX700s like I am.  I was such an avid lover the FX700s too and thought it was my perfect/final IEM.  I just can't part with them yet due to their timbre and low-end presence that is exceptional...

Mar 22, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #138 of 142

Quote:

went a little overboard, I have both EX1000's and IE80's coming to me within the next few days (OUCH for the wallet)

plus just got some V-Moda clear silicon medium and large tips from amazon for my FX700's, which I like MUCH better than the stock tips as of now but I haven't had much time to A/B

Well, thanks for the prompt - I just brought some of these V-Moda tips for a mere £2.94, shipped! I no longer own the FX-700, but remember the UE single flange working a treat. The UE also work very well with my ASG-1s, so I figure these V-Moda could too.

I look forward to reading your impressions re: EX1000 and IE80.

Mar 22, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #139 of 142

So are those the ones that I recommended? :wink: I really like how they help to balance out the sound. They are dirt cheap too besides shipping.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #140 of 142
Yep! Definitely an upgrade, to the stock tips at least. I'm debating on if I like the medium or large tips better right now- the larger ones have a longer stem, seams to be a bit thicker silicon too.

spot on with the balance, both vocals and mids seam to be no longer taking a back seat to the treble and bass.

transparency/airiness of the sound seams to have somehow increased as well...

Great recommendation!

Quote:
So are those the ones that I recommended? :wink: I really like how they help to balance out the sound. They are dirt cheap too besides shipping.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 22, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #141 of 142

If you like those for the FX700 you may likes these for the IE80s. :) I find them to also have the best sound characteristic and best fit. I prefer large myself. Actually medium sized flanges won't give me a seal at all.

JVC HA-NCX77 Tips (Large Flanges). They also have medium and small available if you search.

http://www.amazon.com/HA-NCX77-Replacement-Silicone-Tips-Large/dp/B003P8XOQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332469978&sr=8-1

Quote:
Yep! Definitely an upgrade, to the stock tips at least. I'm debating on if I like the medium or large tips better right now- the larger ones have a longer stem, seams to be a bit thicker silicon too.

spot on with the balance, both vocals and mids seam to be no longer taking a back seat to the treble and bass.

transparency/airiness of the sound seams to have somehow increased as well...

Great recommendation!

Quote:

Oct 7, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #142 of 142
Hi, I currently own the FX 700 and like pretty much everything about it except the noise cancelling. I'm think about buying a full sized can and would like it to have the same/better sound quality, signature, timbre, etc.
Anyone has any suggestion?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back