FX700 and EX1000 Owners: What Other IEMs Have You Purchased That You've Been Happy with?
Feb 7, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #62 of 142

Quote:
Between TF10, IE80, FXT90 and MG7, still a work in progress to find my preferences.

I'm sure you are able to turn the volume up more on the IE80s out of them all though right? :)

Still not a good habit to get into as it will compromise your hearing in the long run. I do it sometimes though for fun but not for long periods.

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #63 of 142
Absolutely, the IE80 does well with relatively high volume.

I'm jus surprised how well the treble sound on the MG7. I didn't expect them to sparkle w/o any harshness or overally bright.

Feb 7, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #64 of 142
I wish that someone could give more insight on the PFE 232.  I would entertain spending the money for them, but I wish there were more reviews and comparisons.

So no one else can voice their opinion on the PFE 232 huh?  How about anyone's comparisons of the IEMs we've discussed with the j-phonic K2 SP?

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #65 of 142

Quote:
I wish that someone could give more insight on the PFE 232.  I would entertain spending the money for them, but I wish there were more reviews and comparisons.

So no one else can voice their opinion on the PFE 232 huh?  How about anyone's comparisons of the IEMs we've discussed with the j-phonic K2 SP?

Try and contact muppetface. I'm sure she can help you compare them as she also owns the EX1000 and FX700 as well.

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #66 of 142
I am really liking the FXT90. I don't hear any harshness as I did with my first pair. There is no question, after I went with high quality tracks the FXT's treble is sparkling.

No question a fantastic phone.

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #67 of 142

Quote:
I am really liking the FXT90. I don't hear any harshness as I did with my first pair. There is no question, after I went with high quality tracks the FXT's treble is sparkling.

No question a fantastic phone.

So are you looking for an improvement with that sound signature or do you want something completely different? EX1000 would be more airy with brighter treble. FX700 sound stage is more 3D IMO, more refined than the FXT90 with a significantly bigger sound stage, better timbre. Vocals aren't as forward though as the treble and bass are more emphasized. Kinda like how the TF10s are but the FX700 outclasses the TF10 in every area other than speed, and not by much at all there. Honestly not even fair to put them in the same group...

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #68 of 142

Quote:
So are you looking for an improvement with that sound signature or do you want something completely different? EX1000 would be more airy with brighter treble. FX700 sound stage is more 3D IMO, more refined than the FXT90 with a significantly bigger sound stage, better timbre. Vocals aren't as forward though as the treble and bass are more emphasized. Kinda like how the TF10s are but the FX700 outclasses the TF10 in every area other than speed, and not by much at all there. Honestly not even fair to put them in the same group...

Maybe the FX700.  Treble is my friend now that I have better tracks.  I thought the EX1000 because I believe the mids are in line with the bass and treble?  joker said one of his first choice for listening to rock would be the EX1000. 

IMHO, the FXT90 represents the best product for the money.

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #69 of 142

Quote:
Maybe the FX700.  Treble is my friend now that I have better tracks.  I thought the EX1000 because I believe the mids are in line with the bass and treble?  joker said one of his first choice for listening to rock would be the EX1000. 

IMHO, the FXT90 represents the best product for the money.

IMO the FX700 excels at rock more than the EX1000. The EX1000 caters to sounds like Jazz. More of a boutique item as opposed to an all arounder.

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #73 of 142

lee730 said:

so you heard the FXT90? 

Feb 11, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #74 of 142
Quote:
Try and contact muppetface. I'm sure she can help you compare them as she also owns the EX1000 and FX700 as well.

Thank you Lee.  I will do that.

The more I listen to the EX1000s, the more I prefer them to my FX700s honestly.  The only reason I have not listed them for sale yet is because they are more fun than the EX1000s for hip-hop and bass-heavy genres.  The EX1000s are definitely fine for them as well, but there is just something about the FX700s with those genres...  About rock, I enjoy the EX1000s just as much as the FX700s as well, but I do agree that the EX1000s accell in jazz.

The only other IEM that I would like to know about is the CK100PRO.  Does anyone have any experience with that that can charm in to answer my original question in the first post?

Feb 13, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #75 of 142
Quote:
The only other IEM that I would like to know about is the CK100PRO.  Does anyone have any experience with that that can charm in to answer my original question in the first post?

Does anyone have any input on that one or is that it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back