Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Mar 29, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #496 of 867
Quote:

This photo kind of confirms my suspicion that rush order are Made in UK while normal orders are routed to China. See the difference between my photo and yours. I asked for clear shell as well and obviously the difference is drastic.

Note that I have yet to receive mine and this is the photo I received 2 weeks ago telling me that my custom was completed (for privacy reason I have removed my name and serial number)

Not sure the photo tells the story, perhaps they just had a different person takes yours? Mine was regular ordered and I confirmed with David that it was manufactured in China. However, my confirmation picture is identical to glassmaple's.

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #497 of 867
Quote:
+1 i don't think that FB can be better than miracle, else we would be seeing more posts and reviews by big head-fiers, Project86 own one yet he keep switching from A.8 to miracle from time to time. 

We'd have more reviews if we could afford more review samples for the "big head-fiers". Unfortunately we can't, so some of the best guys that we wanted to have review the CIEMs have been waiting for quite some time due to us having to concentrate on selling them. It's the sad truth behind why we do not have as many reviews as we would like.

With regards to the clear shell comments:
http://customs.frogbeats.com/faq#color_discrepancies

That sums up the issues you are discussing about colour differences. There is no difference in manufacturing. The photos are sent out as a selection between ones that we are given from the factory.

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #498 of 867
Quote:
With regards to the clear shell comments:
http://customs.frogbeats.com/faq#color_discrepancies

That sums up the issues you are discussing about colour differences. There is no difference in manufacturing. The photos are sent out as a selection between ones that we are given from the factory.

To sum up, it is my misfortune to have chosen Frogbeats who can't even deliver a clear shell color option properly to me, attributing the discrepancy in color to their manufacturing limitation.

I can't even see the internal drivers clearly from the faceplate.

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #499 of 867
Quote:
+1 i don't think that FB can be better than miracle, else we would be seeing more posts and reviews by big head-fiers, Project86 own one yet he keep switching from A.8 to miracle from time to time. 

Well, in the past i thought the same way as you do, but unfortunately, some of the products i purchased based on the comparison of some big people on various forums turned out to be not up to what they were reviewed. Now, i only trust my ears, reviews and impressions are just to get some general idea on the sound signature of the headphone before the purchase.
Quote:
I am not saying it cannot be better. It might be, but the basis for the comparison here is quite flawed IMO. If it is better than great, I will buy it. But it would have to be a comparison with extensive listening with TWO CUSTOMS iems.

Unfortunately, there isn't any head-fier here who has both the C4 and Miracle to do a detailed comparison like some people here did. Therefore, if you don't believe in the impressions of others then just ignore them all.

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #500 of 867
Quote:
I am not saying it cannot be better. It might be, but the basis for the comparison here is quite flawed IMO. If it is better than great, I will buy it. But it would have to be a comparison with extensive listening with TWO CUSTOMS iems.

well i had mentioned before that my friend who is miracle owner sold his miracle after doing direct compare to the C4s ( he also own the c4s ) because he think he won't use the miracle anymore in future . You can think my comparision was flaw but the story above tell the truth. Moreover, i just give my own opinions to help someone in need. if you don't believe it you can ignore it and experience it by yourself. One more thing , i'm not new here, this is just my new account and i join this forum long time ago , even before your join date......... i have to abandon my old account just because of some very ridiculous reasons

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #501 of 867
well i had mentioned before that my friend who is miracle owner sold his miracle after doing direct compare to the C4s ( he also own the c4s ) because he think he won't use the miracle anymore in future . You can think my comparision was flaw but the story above tell the truth. Moreover, i just give my own opinions to help someone in need. if you don't believe it you can ignore it and experience it by yourself. One more thing , i'm not new here, this is just my new account and i join this forum long time ago , even before your join date......... i have to abandon my old account just because of some very ridiculous reasons
do not worry I was just saying things should be taken with a pinch of salt as the comparison is partly flawed, but you still have the right to make it and do help others in doing so. Your impressions are realistic to me as the Miracles do have the hugest soundstage to me.

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #503 of 867
Quote:

To sum up, it is my misfortune to have chosen Frogbeats who can't even deliver a clear shell color option properly to me, attributing the discrepancy in color to their manufacturing limitation.

I can't even see the internal drivers clearly from the faceplate.

It is easy to imagine that matching perfectly a specific colour would be difficult but a clear shell is just clear...
confused.gif

Hopefully they will look better better in real life as the picture might just be poor quality, plus there is also a black background.

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #504 of 867
Quote:

It is easy to imagine that matching perfectly a specific colour would be difficult but a clear shell is just clear...
confused.gif

Hopefully they will look better better in real life as the picture might just be poor quality, plus there is also a black background.

Difficult to tell due to different backgrounds and possibly different lighting/exposure. I did some contrast editing on my pic before I posted it up so take it as an altered image if you will.

I'll take some pics when I actually get it with color references so y'all can see.

Mar 29, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #505 of 867
I've been amusing myself by tracking my new C4s as they make their way from Frogbeats to me.  On DHL's tracking site it says:

Quote:

DHL’s online tracking is the fastest way to find out where your shipment is. No need to call Customer Service when we can offer you real-time details of your shipment’s progress as it speeds through the DHL Network on the way to its destination.

Unfortunately the DHL tracking service is more alike a track-less service.
tongue.gif
  It tells you where the shipment isn't but not where it is. 

The latest entry on their tracking site hasn't changed in a day and a half.

It says: 
Quote:
Thursday, March 28, 2013 
Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK​
LONDON-HEATHROW - UK​
 07:46

​
 ​

As I write this it's  Friday, March 29, 2013 (GMT) 8:49 PM  in London.  So it departed over 37 hours ago. It doesn't say if it's sitting on a loading dock at Heathrow or it's in Karthoum.  One would hope that in 37 hours it would have gotten some where. as it 'speeds through the DHL network'.  Where ever it is, it appears to be covering its tracks well.  
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #506 of 867
David said at another place that clear shells aren't standard options because of how difficult it is to get them right- without a yellow or smoky tinge, IIRC.

Mar 30, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #507 of 867
I have just received my C4. The main body of the CIEM is clear transparent except for its faceplate which is, for the lack of better word, smoked color. The faceplate and the main body of the CIEM seems to be using two different acrylic molds during its construction and pieced together afterwards (see the last photo below for the clear disparity).

I find the treble to be rolled-off. In particular, the details at around 4khz is just missing. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Mar 30, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #508 of 867
So my C4s have been confirmed as ready. Took 6 weeks from when their manufacturer received my impressions.

Looking forward to hearing them, but not without a bit of trepidation based on the accounts of ill-fit and the subsequent refit time. Fingers crossed.

Mar 30, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #509 of 867
uelover said:
I find the treble to be rolled-off. In particular, the details at around 4khz is just missing. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

I can hear a dip around there when listening to tones but I don't notice it when listening to music, and I came from the Heir 4.A from which I could notice the similar dip with music.

Mar 30, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #510 of 867
Quote:
I can hear a dip around there when listening to tones but I don't notice it when listening to music, and I came from the Heir 4.A from which I could notice the similar dip with music.

It is pretty obvious in the music and everything went back to normal after I started equalizing it. The good part is that the C4 responses very well to EQ. The bad part is that I needed to do the EQ.

Anyone knows if the UERM has such dips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back