Fostex T60RP
Jul 23, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #571 of 1,450
Width 87 similar as the HM5 angled. I had a tough work to put them on the MK2 (almost teared). And no way to put them on the T60. Because the pad have to stretch so much makes the seam twisted and never goes into the baffle gap.

You have to stretch them quite a bit before putting them on, it’s not just a problem with the fostex. I had a hell of a time with my beyers, but no problem after stretching my second pair thoroughly.

Jul 23, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #572 of 1,450
Width 87 similar as the HM5 angled. I had a tough work to put them on the MK2 (almost teared). And no way to put them on the T60. Because the pad have to stretch so much makes the seam twisted and never goes into the baffle gap.

These are like zmf's which go on easy due to soft pleather on the back. Alpha pads are a pain to get on they split on the inside, so i punched a tidy hole where the split was.

Jul 24, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #577 of 1,450
There you go guys, what did I say, the best unbiased, honest and informed opinion goes unnoticed except for the clever few!

Get yourselves, the T40RP Mk3 then change the pads (if considered required) and the headband like most of the T60 guys have done, even though they paid for stuff they are going to junk.

The only problem guys, is changing the T60 wood cups for the technically superior and sounding T40 Mk3 cups which internally dampen the baffle plate which does not occur on the T60.

I remind everyone, that the baffle plate and the driver are exactly the same on the T60 and T40 Mk3.

Need I say more! :beerchug:

Jul 24, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #579 of 1,450
There you go guys, what did I say, the best unbiased, honest and informed opinion goes unnoticed except for the clever few!

Get yourselves, the T40RP Mk3 then change the pads (if considered required) and the headband like most of the T60 guys have done, even though they paid for stuff they are going to junk.

The only problem guys, is changing the T60 wood cups for the technically superior and sounding T40 Mk3 cups which internally dampen the baffle plate which does not occur on the T60.

I remind everyone, that the baffle plate and the driver are exactly the same on the T60 and T40 Mk3.

Need I say more! :beerchug:
T60 have stock balance socket. But yes of course people can replace their Mk3 socket too.

These days I tried to mod my another T20Mk2 to sound like my modded T60 but fail. May be the different of the baffle, the wood or my limited modding skill. So I think I will keep my T60 quite a while.

edit: I can mod my T20Mk2 have a cleaner bass and extension then the T60, but not tight as T60. And T60 the treble extension is far better. I guess this is mainly because the baffle. I hope I can have a Mk3 baffle on hand to prove this.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #580 of 1,450
iDgFUN1.jpg

Just did my first mod. Wow. Massive soundstage.

Jul 26, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #582 of 1,450
FYI

I will have at least 3 spare sets of the memory foam oval pad next week, I will do a mini review here and if anyone is interested just pm me. If you need international I can create an eBay listing with Global Shipping.
If they are not on par with ZMF I will say it straight out but I more than likely will be fitting one on my argon and one on my T60RP as I have got pads from this manufacture before and quality was good. That also means I might be selling the ZMF's.

Jul 26, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #583 of 1,450
iDgFUN1.jpg

Just did my first mod. Wow. Massive soundstage.

Any tradeoff with the bass?

I am not sure I liked it this way, ended up going back to stock but I would be interested in acquiring the t20rp material just to have some restriction on air. I found using the ZMF or similar pads added some width.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back