Fostex T60RP

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Sopp, Aug 12, 2017.
Page 1 of 49
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. Sopp
    T60RP.jpg

Official website
    https://www.fostex.jp/products/t60rp/

Type: Semi-open RP dynamic (or Orthodynamic)
    Frequency Response: 15〜35,000Hz
    Impedance: 50Ω
    Sensitivity: 92dB/mW
    Maximum Input Power: 3,000mW
    Weight: 315g

Available by the end of December 2017
    Price: 32,000 JPY plus tax

"The T60RP follows on the evolution of the renowned Fostex RP series, widely used in recording studios around the world for decades, in a new model re-designed to cater to both home and professional use. Featuring Fostex proprietary Regular Phase (RP) technology diaphragms for supreme accuracy in monitoring, the new T60RP introduces beautiful, stylish mahogany housings and comfortable low-repulsion ear pads, as well as an optional balanced headphone connection to deliver even more brilliant and crisp audio reproduction."

https://www.facebook.com/fostexinte...6456915493761/952201801585932/?type=1&theater

T60RP.jpg

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    trellus and chimney189 like this.
  2. chimney189
    Wow, lovely information!

3. Sopp
    Somebody attended Hong Kong AV Show reported that the MSRP will be $11800 HKD ($1500 USD) but I highly doubt. It is because the retail price of TH900 is $10980 HKD and T50RP is around $1000 HKD only.

4. Synthax
    Subbed, as t50rp mk3 owner:)

5. Hyp0xia
    Very interested in these as long as they come in at a reasonable price point.

George Taylor likes this.
  6. Max Choiral
    Hmmm.... It's a rather tough task to achieve a reasonably good sound from this type of transducer in a fully-closed construction. Let's see what Fostex has prepared for us this time.

7. JBond
    The MSRP of Fostex T60RP would be USD $300. The previous price tag was wrong.

8. Silent Xaxal
    Color me interested. Still planar?

9. Mark Up
    The question is will they learn and give that a more bass tuning like ZMF did on their Classic (based on the T-50RP MkIII). If you haven't already looked, check the thread out for ZMF and their website to see the frequency response curve. Arguably the best looking headphone curve I've ever seen. Fletcher Munson / Harman Curve. It's a shame nobody has bought and reviewed that yet. I am so close to pulling the trigger based on just that. They also have Ori pads which are among the most comfortable pads ever made. At least the T-60RP finally has the thicker ear pads.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  10. Max Choiral
    I hope they will not do something similar like ZMF Classic. Had tried it in the past and the sound was so-so, doesn't sound like planar at all. Tonal balance was OK, though.

11. Mark Up
    Planars to me are typically well extended on both ends but too quiet in the low sub bass, and a bit brash and sometimes too bright. Which Classic did you try, his latest only came out recently.

12. pbui44
    The design is very reminiscent of the Smeggy Thunderpants, so glad they made a design to fill in the void Smeggy left after he stopped responding to customers.

13. Beagle
    Looks nice!

14. big45-70
    I'm in at the right price, love the mk3's.

15. gr8soundz
    Any new info?

I was about to order new pads for my mk3 when I saw the T60rp mentioned and I'd rather upgrade to these than start modding my T50rp.

Page 1 of 49
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last