Fostex T60RP
Jul 8, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #466 of 1,465
Guy's no question this deerskin strap quadruples the comfort. This from my MK2 Argon.

I suggest getting the T50RP MK3 version.

https://www.modhouseaudio.com/

xJyQQLB.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #467 of 1,465
Yes, mine is just the stock cable that comes with the T60, if I wanted a balanced cable,etc. I personally would look elsewhere as I don't rate the fostex upgrade cables especially for its price.

I asked because I made a 3.5 TRRS to 4pin XLR cable for my T60 same as your price reason.

One time I plug this balance cable to my T20 let see is it compatible, because sometimes a TRS socket MAY contact both ground on a TRRS jack and works normally.
And yes the T20 on this balance cable have sound on both L and R channels! And this IS a stereo but. Unfortunately there are some kind of channels mess up / bleeding happen. The sound is quite special and strange (like crossfeed) but I'm worry about short circuit so never do this agian.

Jul 9, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #468 of 1,465
The 1060c is fun no doubt but the headband is awful. I would buy one again when they revise the headband which I heard is in the works. The Argon is great but it has a 9 week waiting list.

So if you need something quick get the T60 here.
Then get the zmf lambskins here.
Mayflower Baffle ring or kit here as recommended by Kintsaki here.

Not saying don't get either of the other too but to me the T60RP with upgrades is ahead of the m1060c. The Argon is great I was considering selling mine cheaper than new of course but in two minds about it.

@kintsaki is there much of a difference opening one of the holes for bass?
Try closing slits first that would would give you a woody t40 .To open remove the baffle assembly and slowly UN-stick the adhesive three slit grid from inside the cup shown below placed on the blue colored magnet for magnetizing screwdrivers. Also as you can see they went from a 1 to a 3 screw scheme and every time they try some thing new chances are there is a glitch. I have not researched it (it is a trivial many to me). It was fine but after I opened them up and experimented with blue-tak made rings(which in Greece are white) it started squeaking on both sides. In the photo the grid has been removed but can easily be stack back on.20180419_055727_HDR.jpg 20180419_065255_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #469 of 1,465
Wow this comment makes me feel like we’re on /r/headphones. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and justifying their purchases.

I cannot count the amount of cans I’ve owned that were praised and measured well, in the end I thought quite a few were a train wreck.

Beauty of this hobby, it’s completely subjective ...

Regardless, I just ordered a set of T40s ... I’ll post back with impressions in the next few days.

As I said before the way humans perceive visual and audio waves varies with the individual and with time. The best Ultra HDR monitors of today are only capable of displaying 1/3 of what humans can see. I and my wife agreed with Light-Man's perception of T40 vs T60. Perceptions are one thing and preferences are another. As if this is not enough consider the system not just the phones. Most of you are not using a DAP and are not using a serious professional USB purifier such as the ifi-USB 3.0 Nano and differences of that nature are so dramatic that describing phones alone is pointless.
Then is the matter of DSP's that can shape things to an unbelievable degree.
We have learned that by now Fostex uses the same drivers on all T20 through T60.
Now consider my experience at some point in time I owned Grados: SR-125, 2 different RS_1;s and a 325s and an Alessandro MS-PRO.
They were different the 125 was by far better followed by the MS-Pro.
Also 6 years ago I bought a Sony VAIO 17" with separate AMD graphics adapter, then spent 7 grant on PLASMA, LED and OLED by LG, Panasonic, and Sony to equal the VAIO. Never ever did I even come close. The VAIO picture is breathtaking and the others are plain boring at best. Sony with its 1500 knits on 90% of the screen is not bright enough and LG OLED whites are pale yellows faces and bodies are either burned or red furious. In contrast the VAIO whites are impeccable, the colors are deeply saturated, the Blues are blues not greenish and I can view all the detail of a 4k screen through team viewer on the 1080p screen of the laptop.

Went back and listened to my Smeggy enlarged "KIckTheirPants" with its 10 year old MK II T50 RP and had my jaw drop again.
A number of misshapenings along with my disability kept me from pursuing my research there for the time being.

Next time you have coffee with friends or fine wines discuss your perceptions and preferences and have fun...

And for the life of me I do not understand how Light-Man likes the 400i (never heard it to say the truth , but I own the HE-6 and the Edition X V2 and not even the XTI can make either of them play decently). Once again perceptions and preferences can vary widely among individuals from time to time.

That's Life.

20180419_071341_HDR.jpg 10101294.jpg Untitled_Time_0_00_3727.pngVST PLUGINS.png

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #470 of 1,465
Professor, don't knock it until you try it! :darthsmile:

tumblr_ni6jq96vur1u2gw7go1_500.gif
beautiful-girl-gif-5.gif

Of course, I am talking about the HE400i, well worth a listen as it is very smooth and non fatiguing, a bargain at £180 but I probably can't justify keeping it as it is really no better than my modded X2 and I have my eye on a few other things.

Jul 9, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #471 of 1,465
I am going to guess the T60 is about 10-15% maybe even a bit more efficient than the MK2.

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #472 of 1,465
Jul 9, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #473 of 1,465
Well they came in this morning, damn that was fast.

Initial impressions are not great, the stock pads are horrendous ... emphasizing the clamping force and making them brutally uncomfortable.

I can understand why everyone says the stock cable is poor, the knotches built into the adapter make it difficult to push completely into your source. This is causing the right channel to cut in and out forcing me to mess with the connections.

Theres that Fostex treble everyone is complaining about, why are these sibilant/fatiguing but the T60's are not?

Bass seems to be on par in terms of SPL, but it feels dry in a sense in the lower frequencies ... the slam/impact is there but it seems to trail off much differently than the T60s.

I'll give it more time to "burn in" but the initial impressions are not good ...

Jul 9, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #475 of 1,465
I'm on the opposite. T60 is 4db lower then my T20Mk2 on the same source...

I wonder if you are you using the same pads in your comparison as the depth of the angled pads will make a difference?

Jul 9, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #476 of 1,465
Well they came in this morning, damn that was fast.

Initial impressions are not great, the stock pads are horrendous ... emphasizing the clamping force and making them brutally uncomfortable.

I can understand why everyone says the stock cable is poor, the knotches built into the adapter make it difficult to push completely into your source. This is causing the right channel to cut in and out forcing me to mess with the connections.

Theres that Fostex treble everyone is complaining about, why are these sibilant/fatiguing but the T60's are not?

Bass seems to be on par in terms of SPL, but it feels dry in a sense in the lower frequencies ... the slam/impact is there but it seems to trail off much differently than the T60s.

I'll give it more time to "burn in" but the initial impressions are not good ...

I am finding the clamping force to be okay (try the Focal Listen!) but the pads won't win any prizes, so you can upgrade.

I wonder if you have the newer drivers as I have mentioned in a previous post, it is very easy to check, the only fiddly part is getting the pads back on - but it sounds like you would like to feed them to your dog anyway!

Jul 9, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #477 of 1,465
I am going to guess the T60 is about 10-15% maybe even a bit more efficient than the MK2.
Your guess is right but 1the 10 year old MK2 driver in the larger all wood (including baffle assembly) Smeggy Pants is more efficient and that is before I mode it again to add the back wave to the front and get another 15% for a total of a +6db that might allow me to drive it with my Walkman.

Jul 9, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #480 of 1,465
Professor, don't knock it until you try it! :darthsmile:

tumblr_ni6jq96vur1u2gw7go1_500.gif
beautiful-girl-gif-5.gif

Of course, I am talking about the HE400i, well worth a listen as it is very smooth and non fatiguing, a bargain at £180 but I probably can't justify keeping it as it is really no better than my modded X2 and I have my eye on a few other things.

there are quite a few others that praise the He400i. I may have to try it. Since I believe your descriptions are as accurate as they can be!, would
you please elaborate (this may be of topic, if you think so send me a PM or a link to an appropriate thread).

what is an X2 ? modded? PIC?

Future Plans?

Is the girl a musician? I only consider musicians (and Belly Dancers, had a Harem in a past life)

She is my all time Queen, in fact she talked about me in one of her live performances, look it up on the "bit of music and bit of fun"

26910492_10209527323213994_7737912166907134960_o.jpg .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back