Former Audiophile looking for IEM
Sep 26, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #77 of 81
Quote:
what is the isolation like on the PFE 232?

Tiny man do you have a pair?

Isolation is slightly above average for an IEM.  Depending on where you are, they may be adequate, but also, if you're in a crowded space (lots of people near you talking; crowded public train or bus), I may look elsewhere.  

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #80 of 81
Back. Apologies for disappearing. I unexpectedly ended up being a foster parent to a 5 month old baby. Bit of a game changer from a priority perspective. So now I'm back looking at something with a different criterion: I now have to be able to hear a baby crying. Not sure if this means I need to go with buds rather than IEMs, or that I just don't use the IEMs at home. 

I see somebody mention tubes and the Ortofon IEMs and compared them to a "tube" sound. I like the sound of some tube amps, but never had one. Too fussy for me, and imo there are easier ways to EQ your music besides tubes. 

One other piece of info I could have shared: After having gone through several sets of speakers the last pair of floor standers I owned were Aerial 7s.

Oct 13, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #81 of 81
The IE80s give somewhat of a decent isolation without completely cutting you off from the world. Should work for a crying baby and they have a warm sound which tube amps are famous for being warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back