For Gaming: Open or Closed Ear?
Jun 26, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #32 of 36
Open. Always. I highly reccomend, as well with others the AD700's. If you want some heavier bass, yes the 900's work but the 700s are great budget headphones and the difference isn't breath taking- notable- but not breath taking.

Both are easy drives.

Jun 27, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #34 of 36
The Sennheiser PC 360 headphones are good with pinpoint precision.  Right now I'm rocking them with the Astro 5.8 mixamp and FiiO E7.  The headphones are definitely better than Astro's standard A40 headphones which sound hollow.

Jul 4, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #36 of 36

Quote:
Stax are the best for gaming overall. Nothing can touch their speed and clarity. The depth of the soundstage on a Lambda series headspeaker is just insane. It is like having a sniper scope for your ears. Seriously. I have won in Cal, Twl, etc. It helps to have these. Might be out of your price range if you need more than just the energizer and cans.

Otherwise, Beyer 880. 600 ohm if you can swing an amp. 250 ohm if not? Dunno about soundcards and the 880. It is the best overall dynamic headphone I have used under $300.

I really doubt stax works that well for gaming. I've used a few orthos and one stat for gaming, and they all sounded wrong compared to the top dynamics (for gaming). My overall favorite remains the T1+DH.

DT880 is a great choice, though not for FPS because of the rear positioning issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back