Focal Utopia General Discussion
Nov 23, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #13,231 of 20,559
i don't think there is one... yet.
I’ll leave it fir now. Out of sight, out of mind. Maybe a Focal rep monitors this thread and could comment.

Nov 23, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #13,232 of 20,559
I’ll leave it fir now. Out of sight, out of mind. Maybe a Focal rep monitors this thread and could comment.

I tried everything to get rid of the goop but there was so much of it I couldn't clean it all off, it is really gummy and doesn't wipe off, nor wash off with damp cloth. When the pads are on it doesn't seep out to the cups but even if you just run your fingers alongside the inside of the pads near the drivers you can feel it, at least you can on mine.

Nov 23, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #13,233 of 20,559
I tried everything to get rid of the goop but there was so much of it I couldn't clean it all off, it is really gummy and doesn't wipe off, nor wash off with damp cloth. When the pads are on it doesn't seep out to the cups but even if you just run your fingers alongside the inside of the pads near the drivers you can feel it, at least you can on mine.

Try alcohol or alcohol pads (70% Isopropyl), helped me in a similar situation with gooey abyss pads and other glue-related issues.

Nov 24, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #13,235 of 20,559
Dear all,

Up late contacted me regarding this issue, I am sorry to read this.
Actually, I don't have any info about this issue, which is why I have forwarded your pictures and messages to the Quality Team to get more details.

I will keep you informed as soon as I have more info.

Many thanks,
Regards
Marine, Community Manager Focal

Focal Stay updated on Focal at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.focal.com/us/
Nov 24, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #13,236 of 20,559
I know it’s been asked and answered a few times but it is still unclear. Is the warranty on the Utopia headphones 3 years or 5 years. On headfi I read 5 years but online when googled I read 3 years. What is the actual time of warranty?

Nov 24, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #13,237 of 20,559
I know it’s been asked and answered a few times but it is still unclear. Is the warranty on the Utopia headphones 3 years or 5 years. On headfi I read 5 years but online when googled I read 3 years. What is the actual time of warranty?
Hello mitchb,

Elear and Utopia headphones benefit from a 5-year warranty worldwide (it starts from the very first owner of the headphones, with the invoice).
Local dealers ensure the first years of warranty according to local policies. Then, the distributor in your country is in charge of the rest.
You can find all our official dealers and distributors on our website: https://store.focal.com/en/store-locator

Kind regards
Marine, Community Manager Focal

Focal Stay updated on Focal at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.focal.com/us/
Nov 25, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #13,239 of 20,559
i've auditioned two different pairs of utopia's and had the drivers replaced in my own pair. they all sounded the same to me - thankfully.

Nov 25, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #13,240 of 20,559
Last tue, i went to a local reseller and wanted to purchase a pair of utopia (2nd try to another store).

I told them about my purchase experience at the first store (the brand new utopia’s left channel driver failed), and they were willing to let me test first before making the transaction. Guess what, both drivers failed on the brand new utopia (2020 edition).

Really disappointing for such a premium product.

Nov 25, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #13,241 of 20,559
I've had my (second) Utopia for just under a year and they're still going strong. Fingers crossed..

Took off the earpads this morning to see if there is any gunk on them, and nope, clean! *phew

I keep them out of the sun all the time, and when not in use, they go back into the Focal hardcase. I don't keep them on a stand.

Nov 25, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #13,242 of 20,559
All of these driver failure, what is the exact cause? I have heard that its only the wire that is soldered to the driver that is loose and not the problem of the driver itself?
not sure how true that is.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #13,243 of 20,559
Last tue, i went to a local reseller and wanted to purchase a pair of utopia (2nd try to another store).

I told them about my purchase experience at the first store (the brand new utopia’s left channel driver failed), and they were willing to let me test first before making the transaction. Guess what, both drivers failed on the brand new utopia (2020 edition).

Really disappointing for such a premium product.
Isn't Focal their first expertise supposed to be in loudspeaker manufacture ? Surely you would have thought they would've got round this problem and sussed it out by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back