Focal For Bentley Radiance Headphones
Jun 1, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #511 of 513

nlowran

100+ Head-Fier
Agreed, I adore mine. They do well both with tubes and SS amps, too.

They are not perhaps the bargain a $400 pair of Elears are (ridiculous value/performance ratio, especially with upgraded cables and a good amp)- BUT for about a $1,000 pre-owned/mint condition you get a big chunk of Stellia performance AND better looks? Come on!

That said, some folks may take umbrage to the strong mid bass- but that’s part of the fun for many. The ZMF Atticus units that show up pre-owned disappear in minutes for a reason- and while I have never compared the Radiance to the Atticus, all listening notes indicate they are very, very similar in sound signature.
I haven't even amp'd them really yet just using my e1da doggle, I did do a little eq'ing to get rid of that weird mid shelf.

Jun 1, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #512 of 513

AudioDuck

100+ Head-Fier
I haven't even amp'd them really yet just using my e1da doggle, I did do a little eq'ing to get rid of that weird mid shelf.
They will really take off with good amplification. Enjoy!

Jun 2, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #513 of 513

tudedude

100+ Head-Fier
tubepreamp.jpg

Trying out this cheap tube amp, the One Little Bear. It has this interesting extended bass signature and an over all more loose and relaxed sound. Not sure if it's a good thing, I'm new to tubes, but I like it. Also tried it as a preamp with the schiit Magni but it lost some of those interesting characteristics.

Paired with Dekoni hybrid pads.

Users who are viewing this thread