Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Nov 23, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #1,295 of 6,742
I have a pair of Utopia pads available...$999 or trade for an Elear   
wink_face.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #1,297 of 6,742
I'm getting the Schiit Vali 2 as my amp but I can't decide between the Modi 2 Uber or Multibit to use with my Elear. I just don't know if the Multibit is worth it for me because I think the Uber only sounds slightly less resolving. Price comes into play also as its the holidays and every little bit I can save is a big help. Anyone that uses either please let me know what you think of them.

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #1,298 of 6,742

Every year when I watch the Tour de France, I always see what appears to be a lot of perfectly good sheep standing around in the pastures along the roadside. So why is Focal using New Zealand lambskin for the Utopia pads anyway?

However, the current pads are definitely very comfortable.

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #1,300 of 6,742

If anyone is looking for a cable upgrade that does not break the bank. Impact Audio on Etsy makes a really nice cable for the money. I had him make me a balanced 4 pin XLR for my HA-1. Really wakes the Elear's up. Could not be happier with cable and the owner has super customer interaction and support.

Nov 26, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #1,303 of 6,742
Guess what I did this evening...yes I bought the Focal Elear 
bigsmile_face.gif

The deal was too good to pass up because normally they are $1500 CAD here.  (I have paid $1070 CAD)

But unfortunately they are not in stock and I will have to wait 1 week.  

I have compared the Elear with the Utopia during 1 hour and in my opinion the Elear are not far behind the Utopia.  Both of these headphones are the real deal guys!

I think that the Elear are more fun and analog than the Utopia but for those that want more refinement and resolution, the Utopia is hard to beat if you have the budget.

Nov 26, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #1,304 of 6,742
  Guess what I did this evening...yes I bought the Focal Elear 
bigsmile_face.gif

The deal was too good to pass up because normally they are $1500 CAD here.  (I have paid $1070 CAD)

But unfortunately they are not in stock and I will have to wait 1 week.  

I have compared the Elear with the Utopia during 1 hour and in my opinion the Elear are not far behind the Utopia.  Both of these headphones are the real deal guys!

I think that the Elear are more fun and analog than the Utopia but for those that want more refinement and resolution, the Utopia is hard to beat if you have the budget.

Wow, where did u scoop her for that price. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back