1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Elear - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by grizzlybeast, Jun 21, 2016.
First

Back
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
Next

Last
  1. Raptor34

+ 1

2. Audio Addict Contributor
  3. sausages

Makes me really want the ability to buy the Utopia pads separately

4. YtseJamer

Good luck to try to find the Utopia pads :wink:

5. Toolman
    I have a pair of Utopia pads available...$999 or trade for an Elear   [​IMG] 

6. YtseJamer

lol

7. Headphone4Life
    I'm getting the Schiit Vali 2 as my amp but I can't decide between the Modi 2 Uber or Multibit to use with my Elear. I just don't know if the Multibit is worth it for me because I think the Uber only sounds slightly less resolving. Price comes into play also as its the holidays and every little bit I can save is a big help. Anyone that uses either please let me know what you think of them.

8. Svatopluk

Every year when I watch the Tour de France, I always see what appears to be a lot of perfectly good sheep standing around in the pastures along the roadside. So why is Focal using New Zealand lambskin for the Utopia pads anyway?

However, the current pads are definitely very comfortable.

9. sausages

No Black Friday discount???

10. Stratos27
    IMG_20161124_095505941.jpg
    If anyone is looking for a cable upgrade that does not break the bank. Impact Audio on Etsy makes a really nice cable for the money. I had him make me a balanced 4 pin XLR for my HA-1. Really wakes the Elear's up. Could not be happier with cable and the owner has super customer interaction and support.

Maelob likes this.
  11. Bambule
    Witch one is more comfortable: ether flow or focal Elear?

12. zabzaf

Elear IMO. I think I'd put any headphone up against the Elear or Utopia in terms of comfort and the Focal would prevail.

13. YtseJamer
    Guess what I did this evening...yes I bought the Focal Elear [​IMG]

The deal was too good to pass up because normally they are $1500 CAD here.  (I have paid $1070 CAD)

But unfortunately they are not in stock and I will have to wait 1 week.  

I have compared the Elear with the Utopia during 1 hour and in my opinion the Elear are not far behind the Utopia.  Both of these headphones are the real deal guys!

I think that the Elear are more fun and analog than the Utopia but for those that want more refinement and resolution, the Utopia is hard to beat if you have the budget.

14. Roll
    Wow, where did u scoop her for that price. 

15. greenback
    Directly from Beyerdynamic on their North American website. There are also Canadian retailers that sell it.

First

Back
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
Next

Last