Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Oct 4, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #859 of 6,742
  Does anyone have any good recommendations for amps to use with the Elear's please?  One that can expand on the soundstage if possible.

I don't have a particular amp recommendation, but suggest you go balanced if you want a wider soundstage. 

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #861 of 6,742
Just ordered my Focal Elear's they should be here Thursday along with Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable. Also ordered a Chord Mojo so looking forward to hearing them through that and my Schiit Lyr/Bifrost stack!

Oct 4, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #862 of 6,742
Does anyone have any good recommendations for amps to use with the Elear's please?  One that can expand on the soundstage if possible.
Amp only would a Liquid Carbon. Amp/DAC would be the Chord Hugo. These do widen out the stage a bit and sound great with the Elear

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Oct 4, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #863 of 6,742
  Just ordered my Focal Elear's they should be here Thursday along with Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable. Also ordered a Chord Mojo so looking forward to hearing them through that and my Schiit Lyr/Bifrost stack!

Did you receive a shipping notice from Moon-Audio?  I ordered the Elear yesterday, and Drew said they would be out of stock until the end of October!

You have the Elear, Silver Dragon and Mojo listed in your profile, 

Drew just emailed me:  "Just because someone ordered does not mean anything shipped."

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #864 of 6,742

Did you receive a shipping notice from Moon-Audio?  I ordered the Elear yesterday, and Drew said they would be out of stock until the end of October!

You have the Elear, Silver Dragon and Mojo listed in your profile, 

Drew just emailed me:  "Just because someone ordered does not mean anything shipped."

No shipping confirmation as I ordered them pretty late in the day today, around 4:15pm. I only got the order confirmation. If they are indeed out of stock I may end up cancelling and seeing if the The Source AV can get them any sooner. As I'm on the east coast I figured ordering them from Moon would cut down on shipping time. Mt statement of them being here Thursday was me not knowing they were out of stock....ugh...

I bought the Mojo from FATWYRE on Amazon, an affiliate of thecableco.com who are an authorized dealer for Chord.

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #865 of 6,742
My thoughts on the Elear's vs Audioquest Nighthawks:

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #866 of 6,742
I had a very difficult time telling the difference between HTC m10 and chord, so I decided to return the chord mojo, buy the alo v5 and pre-order the lgv20. I notice differences in amps, but not so much dacs, so I'll make sure I have the best phone for dac, then use the hybrid tube amp.

Oct 5, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #867 of 6,742
I had a very difficult time telling the difference between HTC m10 and chord, so I decided to return the chord mojo, buy the alo v5 and pre-order the lgv20. I notice differences in amps, but not so much dacs, so I'll make sure I have the best phone for dac, then use the hybrid tube amp.

Great enjoy buddy :)
I am super happy with my Mojo, i don't need to buy separate dac AMP or even Desktop DAC for my active monitors.
Now i can listen to quality music at my office desk also :)

Oct 5, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #868 of 6,742
Does anyone know if and when the dedicated Focal stand will be available? It is listed as an optional accessory on their website:

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #870 of 6,742
I can confirm the Beyer T1 and T5p sec gen cables work fine with the Elear. Bonus.

Did you find ant difference in SQ between stock and Beyer's cable ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back