Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Oct 4, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #841 of 6,742
Anyone compared TH900 and Elear? I own th900, it has very good punch bass and clear highs. I like my th900 cause it can presents good quality bass and at the same time keep the highs clear. Based on your descriptions of elear, I found it more like th900 and has a "fun" sound? I never heard elear, so just curious how is elear compared to th900. Does it has the same bass and highs? and which one is better?

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #842 of 6,742
Many thanks for your swift reply and option it is a good option my only concern is with additional adapters hanging, will it cause any issue with sound or durability.  are there any option for cables with plugs which fits directly in the Elear, somewhere I read Beyerdynamic  cables fits in Elear.

I'm using the Moon Audio Blue Dragon, to my ears it sounds nice. I have them on my Elears as well as on my Sony A1s

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #843 of 6,742
I thought they could use some more bass.But tried different electronic music last night,and thougt the bass was good.It was more like realistic bass.Not boomy.So i think they performed good.Since i listening to all kind of music the bass fits me good.If i only had listening to edm,i might have ended  wanting more.But for allround,i think the bass is good.As i have read,the soundstage wasnt that huge.It feelt more like in my head.But it was something that just made them so fun to listening to.They are very musical.So i think these are that kind of headphone that you just puts on and dreaming into the music.And thats exactly what i have been looking for :D The t5p was maybe an little to thick/warm sounding,and not so detailed,and a little to relaxed,that made them not so exiting to listen to.They sounded more like an ordernary headphone..Had the hd800 once,and they vere to neautral/thin/bright and not fun to listening to.I think the hd 800 is more for studio production and for more analyctical/critical listening.The focal has done a very good jobb with the elears.I think that every person that loves music and also non audiophile persons would really feel in love with the elears. :)

Ps:im no audiophile expert by any means.But i know when im hearing good sound.At least sound that suits my preferences.And the focal elear is now king of the crowd of the headphones i have listening to in my life (thoug its not that many) Cheers :)

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #844 of 6,742
Anyone compared TH900 and Elear? I own th900, it has very good punch bass and clear highs. I like my th900 cause it can presents good quality bass and at the same time keep the highs clear. Based on your descriptions of elear, I found it more like th900 and has a "fun" sound? I never heard elear, so just curious how is elear compared to th900. Does it has the same bass and highs? and which one is better?

I have both and the 900 and Elears aren't very similar at all. Elears are a very well rounded headphone with slightly elevated bass and a non fatiguing treble response. The 900's have immense low end response and very extended treble (which for a lot of people is too sibilant). They also have a very poor and recessed mid-range, especially compared to the lush mids of the Elears.

I personally find the Elears suitable for a very wide range of music, where the 900's are only really good for ekectronic/hip hop/pop music.

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #845 of 6,742
I have both and the 900 and Elears aren't very similar at all. Elears are a very well rounded headphone with slightly elevated bass and a non fatiguing treble response. The 900's have immense low end response and very extended treble (which for a lot of people is too sibilant). They also have a very poor and recessed mid-range, especially compared to the lush mids of the Elears.

I personally find the Elears suitable for a very wide range of music, where the 900's are only really good for ekectronic/hip hop/pop music.

Thank you for prompt reply. I'm not sure if I understand correctly, so Elear will be less "fun" than th900 due to the reduced bass and highs? And does Elear has the same clarity in the highs as the th900? Which one do you think is more impactive, I mean regardless of the sound quality, which one can make people enjoy the music more? (mainly for pop&edm)

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #846 of 6,742
Someone here using the elears with the mojo?  Can i use the mojo with elear,and at the same time charge it? Its not a big problem.My elears will be my candy for my ears when im alone home,my kid and wife are sleeping,or when im up really early.lol. :p  So i wont use them every day.But just want to know so i dont destroy my mojo.My wallet is dry now,so cant take the risk without asking the experts here on head-fi :)  Also the shop i bought it from,was recommended violectric amp for the elears.Someone tried this combo? i might go desktop amp someday (maybe next year).But then i want an good and not to expensive dac/amp.

Also,does anyone know about some shorter cables on the non-expensive side? :)

Regarding Mojo and Elear there are many reports that it sounds great together. The Elear is an easy load to drive and you'll in no way damage either gear by using them as they are intended. The Mojo will easily power the Elear. You will need a 1/4" to 1/8" TRS adaptor though. I recommend the Grado Mini.

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #847 of 6,742
Thank you for prompt reply. I'm not sure if I understand correctly, so Elear will be less "fun" than th900 due to the reduced bass and highs? And does Elear has the same clarity in the highs as the th900? Which one do you think is more impactive, I mean regardless of the sound quality, which one can make people enjoy the music more? (mainly for pop&edm)

I'd say if you already enjoy most of the music you listen to on the 900's, the Elears aren't going to do much for you. The 900's will certainly be more "fun" with more impact and better treble clarity/volume.

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #848 of 6,742

Someone here using the elears with the mojo?  Can i use the mojo with elear,and at the same time charge it? Its not a big problem.My elears will be my candy for my ears when im alone home,my kid and wife are sleeping,or when im up really early.lol. :p  So i wont use them every day.But just want to know so i dont destroy my mojo.My wallet is dry now,so cant take the risk without asking the experts here on head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif
 Also the shop i bought it from,was recommended violectric amp for the elears.Someone tried this combo? i might go desktop amp someday (maybe next year).But then i want an good and not to expensive dac/amp.

Also,does anyone know about some shorter cables on the non-expensive side?
smily_headphones1.gif

Regarding Mojo and Elear there are many reports that it sounds great together. The Elear is an easy load to drive and you'll in no way damage either gear by using them as they are intended. The Mojo will easily power the Elear. You will need a 1/4" to 1/8" TRS adaptor though. I recommend the Grado Mini.

I already have one Adapter which came with HD650 from Sennheiser.
Would you suggest to buy a new adapter to use Elear with Mojo ?

Oct 4, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #849 of 6,742
I already have one Adapter which came with HD650 from Sennheiser.
Would you suggest to buy a new adapter to use Elear with Mojo ?

Not if the one you already have works fine, or unless you want two for different headphones or devices. :wink_face:

Oct 4, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #850 of 6,742
Hi.Im not good at comparison stuff.And its been a while since i listened to the t5p.BUT,for me it was defently a steep up.I think the elears are much better sounding.And thats just after a short listening.The t5p 2 gen are overpriced in my eyes.Make no mistake,the t5p sounds great,but at its price,i expected more.Im no audiophile expert.But looks like the elears have a fantastic value at its price.Im glad i bought it now.Wouldnt suprise me if its price is going up after a while
smily_headphones1.gif
It sounds so detailed and dynamic.The bass could be a little better,but thats me just being picky.And the t5p might have a little bigger soundstage.But overall really impressed.First time i really thought something was worth its money.Listening to angie now by rolling stones,and are hearing things i've never heard before.Next thing must be an shorter cable.Could go fishing with this one.lol :p

Thanks for taking the time to reply, very helpful :)

Oct 4, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #855 of 6,742

The Cardas HPI-A adapter works well too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back