Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Oct 3, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #826 of 6,742
Tnx for answer :grinning: going to pick up my elears now from duet.Can take an visit to soundgarden also.
smily_headphones1.gif
Ha ein fin dag
wink.gif

Takk det samme :)
I believe the 6.35 and 6.5mm TRS is the same connector.
In my spec sheet it says 6.35mm for the Elear.

Oct 3, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #829 of 6,742
  I am looking for cheap but good quality balanced-cable for Elear,  what are the options? also are there any other brands like for e..g Oppo cables compatible with Elear. Thanks

See:

Quote:
  You might check out the Audioquest Nighthawk cable. Excellent cable (solid copper cores). I adapted it to my Elear's with these adapters: http://amzn.to/2dzXYlA

Audioquest also can make it balanced for you or you can order one balanced from any dealer. (cost about $100).  This is what I'm using but I also use the one that came with my Nighthawk's (single ended) when I play from my Chord Mojo. 

This is one of the best headphone cables I've heard for the price. It's basically a mini castle rock: http://personal.audioquest.com/nighthawk-cable

I definitely notice the improvement between it and a stranded cable in terms of the overall purity of the music to my ears.

The only negative is solid core conductors are more fragile so you have to handle the cable gently and not wrap it too tightly. 

Oct 3, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #831 of 6,742
  Many thanks for your swift reply and option it is a good option my only concern is with additional adapters hanging, will it cause any issue with sound or durability.  are there any option for cables with plugs which fits directly in the Elear, somewhere I read Beyerdynamic  cables fits in Elear.

Fit in to the Elear socket can be a bit iffy since it's fairly narrow so not every 3.5mm headphone cable will fit in there. 

The little adapters in the Elear works fine. In fact, you can unplug the cable while leaving the adapters in, which actually saves wear and tear on your Elear jacks. 

Oct 3, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #832 of 6,742
I love this sound. The bass is a criticism and the sound field is not as large as HD800S or T1, though it is good enough. Elear is easy to drive, and also easy to play a good sound. The only problem is its weight.. I would definitely buy one if my neck can support this 450g headphone... 

Oct 3, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #833 of 6,742
Many thanks for your swift reply and option it is a good option my only concern is with additional adapters hanging, will it cause any issue with sound or durability.  are there any option for cables with plugs which fits directly in the Elear, somewhere I read Beyerdynamic  cables fits in Elear.

If the Beyerdynamic T1 and T5 2nd gen cables fit then I would be a very happy bunny... can anyone confirm?

Oct 3, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #835 of 6,742
Finally did it.Ordered a pair of focal elear.Sold my shure se846 and beyerdynamic t5p 2 gen.Hopefully i wont regret :/   Im going to use it home with pioneer xdp 100r,and chord mojo.I listen to all kind of music/genres. 

One question.How do they sound when playing medium/low volume? I dont like to play load because of afraid of damage my ears.lol :)

I'd love to hear your comparison of the Elear's against the T5P.2's. whether they're an upgrade.

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #836 of 6,742
Oct 3, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #837 of 6,742
Finally did it.Ordered a pair of focal elear.Sold my shure se846 and beyerdynamic t5p 2 gen.Hopefully i wont regret :/   Im going to use it home with pioneer xdp 100r,and chord mojo.I listen to all kind of music/genres. 

One question.How do they sound when playing medium/low volume? I dont like to play load because of afraid of damage my ears.lol :)

I'd love to hear your comparison of the Elear's against the T5P.2's. whether they're an upgrade.

Hi.Im not good at comparison stuff.And its been a while since i listened to the t5p.BUT,for me it was defently a steep up.I think the elears are much better sounding.And thats just after a short listening.The t5p 2 gen are overpriced in my eyes.Make no mistake,the t5p sounds great,but at its price,i expected more.Im no audiophile expert.But looks like the elears have a fantastic value at its price.Im glad i bought it now.Wouldnt suprise me if its price is going up after a while :) It sounds so detailed and dynamic.The bass could be a little better,but thats me just being picky.And the t5p might have a little bigger soundstage.But overall really impressed.First time i really thought something was worth its money.Listening to angie now by rolling stones,and are hearing things i've never heard before.Next thing must be an shorter cable.Could go fishing with this one.lol :p

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #839 of 6,742
  I am looking for cheap but good quality balanced-cable for Elear,  what are the options? also are there any other brands like for e..g Oppo cables compatible with Elear. Thanks

We offer several cable options for Elear, depending on budget. Feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions. 
Link: http://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/headphone.html

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Oct 4, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #840 of 6,742
Someone here using the elears with the mojo?  Can i use the mojo with elear,and at the same time charge it? Its not a big problem.My elears will be my candy for my ears when im alone home,my kid and wife are sleeping,or when im up really early.lol. :p  So i wont use them every day.But just want to know so i dont destroy my mojo.My wallet is dry now,so cant take the risk without asking the experts here on head-fi :)  Also the shop i bought it from,was recommended violectric amp for the elears.Someone tried this combo? i might go desktop amp someday (maybe next year).But then i want an good and not to expensive dac/amp.

Also,does anyone know about some shorter cables on the non-expensive side? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back