1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Elear - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by grizzlybeast, Jun 21, 2016.
First

Back
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
Next

Last
  1. deafdoorknob

and one of the best value for money option to be honest, was using it for my sony z7s as well and preferred it over the kimber/sony effort overall, esp when it comes to microphonics.

it's a relatively transparent/neutral cable but not in the bright sense of those adjectives, just that there's no emphasis on any band.

2. deutschemark

I'd recommend the Alo Continental V5 amp.

3. vilhelm44

Thanks for the recommendation.  I think it's a toss up between the Liquid Carbon, Alo V5 and Schiit Jotunheim with modi multibit at the moment. The head phone seems to have opened up a little bit after 20 hours. I'm looking forward to my balanced silver cable coming in to see what that does to the sound. Really enjoying this head phone more and more with each passing day.

4. gonzfi
    None whatsoever....

5. TexasBuck
    I would assume the Elear cable would work with the Beyer T5p.2 then?  If so, I would be willing to buy an Elear cable that one of you guys has replaced with an after market cable.  My T5p.2 cable is only about 4 feet long and I'm looking for something  at least 6 feet.  PM me if interested in selling your Elear cable.

Ignore this post.  The Elear cable will not work. 

6. gonzfi
    Not sure it will fit... will check. The Elear nozzle/plastic bit is thicker where the cable joins the jack.

TexasBuck likes this.
  7. deafdoorknob

you assumed wrong :p

they both use the 3.5mm plug but the barrel of the focal cable's jack is much wider than beyerdynamic's own

TexasBuck likes this.
  8. TexasBuck
    Thanks for the information.  I edited my post.

9. zeloutre
  10. deafdoorknob

no worries, i think your most cost effective, non diy option would be the 3 metre one for the T1.2 from beyerdynamic

11. TexasBuck

Agree.  I'm not a DIY guy and I have a habit of not keeping headphones long enough to justify spending $120 on a cable.  I was hoping to get something under $100. 

12. JLoud

Mimic.com has a balanced 6ft cable for the Elear for $60.  Also has options up from there.  Waiting on mine but they were recommended by several people.  Slow turnaround though.  Just an option to look at.

TexasBuck likes this.
  13. Toolman
    Should be mimic-cables

14. vilhelm44
    Just got my balanced silver cable from Lavricables and running from my Plenue S. It's really opened the head phone up by giving it a wider sound stage, better seperation and more details in the music. Absolutely superb!!

15. JLoud
    Absolutely right.  My bad. 

First

Back
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
Next

Last