Attachments

• 20211120_144645.jpg
    20211120_144645.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20211120_144734.jpg
    20211120_144734.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
Feb 11, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #1,415 of 2,149
Love these more and more, slam and dynamics are the best I've heard, not sure if this is due to Stellia pads, but bass hits lower and harder than anything I own, spare TH600.
Awesome for metal, bobbing my head to "Children of Bodom" at the moment, great Finnish death metal band.
Keepers for me for sure.

Feb 11, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #1,418 of 2,149
Feb 11, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #1,419 of 2,149
Love these more and more, slam and dynamics are the best I've heard, not sure if this is due to Stellia pads, but bass hits lower and harder than anything I own, spare TH600.
Awesome for metal, bobbing my head to "Children of Bodom" at the moment, great Finnish death metal band.
Keepers for me for sure.
Have you tried Dakoni fenestrated sheepskin on the Clear MG?

Feb 11, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #1,420 of 2,149
Have you tried Dakoni fenestrated sheepskin on the Clear MG?
Nope, was originally planning to get them but after going through this forum and reddit decided on Stellia LTD. I'd guess there is a sonic difference between two due to construction, Dekoni Stellia just like all Focal original pads have that fabric ring next to the driver. As Dekoni does not make them anymore, seems like @RayMets1 found reasonably priced Chinese substitute.

Feb 12, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #1,422 of 2,149
But for heavy playing, the Clear are better, the Arye are too light, they don't have the same emphasis as Clear, despite the really good bass. Still, despite the third version of Arya, I think that the stage is too far from the listener, I definitely prefer the one with Clear, close and intimate. And most of all, the midrange is thin, I'm surprised because it seemed to me that the V1 sounded more weighted. Sometimes there is also sibilization and high harshness in the upper midrange. I think even HE1kse have more meat. I can sleep well because Clear mg on Utopia pads do the job

Feb 12, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #1,423 of 2,149
Clear Mg just like Utopia scales with better gear.
It sounds like a cliché, but I was shocked yesterday when tried to hook Clears to L&P W2, it can drive them pretty loud, no problem, but the sound quality took a steep nose dive from my desktop setup with Auralic stack.
- Bass became flabby with no texture
- Details got all wooled up
- Treble was completely muffled
And I was using balanced out same as on Auralic.

Seems like even with their high sensitivity, portable setups just don't do justice to these. Could be one of the reason for at least some bad rap.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #1,424 of 2,149
Technically, the Arye v3 are better than Clear Mg, they have a much better soundstage (but the Clear ones are more consistent), better resolution and detail. Unfortunately, they do not have the same musicality as Clear, they can be sharp, especially trebles are so dry and not very pleasant. Interestingly, the better the source, the drier and more technical Arye sound.

Feb 13, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #1,425 of 2,149
Keepers for me for sure.

The Clear MG sounds so damn good to me. Details, impact, the holographic soundstage, the bass, mids, resolution, layering. So good, so much fun to listen to as well.

They don't sound clinical to me whatsoever - quite the opposite. IMO it is the OG Clear which has that clinical quality to it.

Sometimes I come to this thread and read some things that are said and wonder if my pair is just special or what is going on with me.

These things are awesome IMO. Best dynamic open back I've heard.

I'm cheap with gear too - always trying to get rid of expensive stuff if I can but the MG does things other headphones do not.

Andrew - I appreciate your recommendation on HE6SE V2 as well, those punch way up there IMO at their price point.

I don't usually like planar headphones so much but the 6 is awesome.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back