Focal Clear Mg Review & Measurements
May 16, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #2,146 of 2,150
I find my Clears very comfortable. On the other hand, the headphones that have had really good reviews for comfort, my Meze Liric 2 are not as comfortable as the MGs. Must admit though that since I've had the Lirics I've not put the MGs on very much at all. Totally different in timbre, detail and delivery.

I am contemplating purchasing either the Liric 2 or the Dan Clark E3. I currently own a pair of Clear MGs and also a pair of Meze 109 Pros. What are your thoughts comparing the Liric 2 to the Clear MG? Which do you prefer and why? Thanks.

May 16, 2024 at 10:27 PM Post #2,147 of 2,150
I am contemplating purchasing either the Liric 2 or the Dan Clark E3. I currently own a pair of Clear MGs and also a pair of Meze 109 Pros. What are your thoughts comparing the Liric 2 to the Clear MG? Which do you prefer and why? Thanks.
Two of my favorite cans right there. They contrast yet compliment each other very well, mood and genre dependant.

May 17, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #2,148 of 2,150
The bass, especially mid bass, is very detailed on the Lirics. This translate well into the mids giving a smoother, more balanced timbre through to the treble range. It's on the mids that the Clear lose out to the Lirics as they can seem a little recessed at times on some recordings.

What is surprising is that the Lirics are very close indeed to the soundstage of the Clears although imaging is somewhat different. The Clears will give a left and right soundstage with a good flow through the soundstage. The Lirics are tiered more upper left to lower right and I thinks this is what brings the soundstage depth very similar on both cans even though they are presented in different ways.

I think both are very recording centric. The Focals are poor with Analogue Productions SACD Tea for the Tillerman by Cat Stevens and the Lirics give a much better presentation, especially on vocals. It's a lot closer between the two on another SACD, Jennnifer Warnes' Another Time, Another Place where the beautifully recording shows off both cans to their best. The second intimate track benefits from the Focal's wider linear soundstage.

They do compliment each other yet at the moment the Lirics are getting more playtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back