Focal Clear headphones
Mar 14, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #9,167 of 12,589
The MG Pro shows the same 1.5kHz bump as the Clear. I thought this was gone as everyone is saying the MG Pro is more linear. Doesn‘t look like that. Would love to see a comparison measurement of the Clear and the MG Pro.

Mar 14, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #9,168 of 12,589
Has anyone used the Dekoni Nuggets to preserve the headband or is the Amazon headband wrap still the best option?
I'm concerened about the Nuggets because of the adhesive that you'll be sticking on the alcantari. Not sure if it'll damage the headband when you remove the nuggets or that spot end up becoming "whiter" while the other parts still slowly collect grime (even though it won't make contact with your head) and fade from the sunlight etc.

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #9,170 of 12,589
Has anyone used the Dekoni Nuggets to preserve the headband or is the Amazon headband wrap still the best option?
I'm concerened about the Nuggets because of the adhesive that you'll be sticking on the alcantari. Not sure if it'll damage the headband when you remove the nuggets or that spot end up becoming "whiter" while the other parts still slowly collect grime (even though it won't make contact with your head) and fade from the sunlight etc.

I use a Geekria wrap I bought on Amazon and it made them a lot more comfortable on the top. The marketing for the mg pro says the band is supposed to be contoured better, however there was a major hot spot for me top center. I have a big head too so you’d think it would contour perfectly, maybe it takes time for them to conform. The geekria wrap (it’s a wool/soft knitted black cover) looks ridiculous (like an 80s scrunchy on top of your head), but who cares. Bonus also is protection on the band from oils etc which I read Clears were notorious for discolouration.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #9,173 of 12,589
Never used dekoni nuggets but that alcantara is too sensitive, they should have ditched the material not just change the color.

Beyer had some wrap-around headbands for cheap but don't know if they are wide enough.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #9,175 of 12,589
I found this review to be very accurate.
(Measurements and comparisons included)

The MG Pro shows the same 1.5kHz bump as the Clear. I thought this was gone as everyone is saying the MG Pro is more linear. Doesn‘t look like that. Would love to see a comparison measurement of the Clear and the MG Pro.
What about that "swimming pool" from 4k to 6k, is that some kind of measurement error or is it the upgraded Elear , did I miss something ? The reviewer talks about lower part linearity and then he just ignores the dip and talks about HD spike?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #9,178 of 12,589
Whether't be the rock em' sock em' slam of an electrified synth blast or the crisp, earthy and serene slice of a violin stroke, yay, it shall delivery t'thee. 't't't't

Aye, and the soundstage scales to how it's mixed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back