Focal Clear headphones
Mar 11, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #9,151 of 12,651
After about a month of deliberation I finally took the plunge and ordered a pair of open-box Clears! I am very excited, hope to enjoy them for many years coming from a Sundara and HD6XX. HUGE HUGE thanks to the guys at headphones.com, they accepted my offer to price match from another site and I’m getting them for a stellar $999 😇

Mar 11, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #9,152 of 12,651
I have owned my Clear Pro's for a couple of months now and am very pleased with their sound.

I use them on both of my headphone setups:
1. RME ADI-2 DAC & V280 with Periapt balanced cable
2. Modi MB & Project Ember (current tube JJE88CC)

I have to say that I am preferring the Clear Pro's on Modi MB/Project Ember system because of the excellent symmetry of these components. Midrange is terrific and the treble and bass flow so smoothly at really nice levels with nothing being too dominant or uncomfortable sounding. Absolute pleasure to listen to.

Mar 13, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #9,156 of 12,651
The are quite different.

The Ananda is ethereal with larger and airer soundstage.
Dynamics are on the soft side and presentation is quite lean and fragile.

Clears bass extends lower , is more quantity and it is a slam monster with great reverb.
Soundstage is more intimate but still very accurate.

Tonality - if you exclude the bass - is pretty good on both.

Of course they are different and in other points.

Mar 13, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #9,160 of 12,651
In your camp. I love the Clears 😄 with modified Liquid Platinum, with Violectric V280, with Woo WA22. Great on my staples: jazz, R&B, blues from good old physical media: vinyl (33s) and polycarbonate (CD).

Mar 13, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #9,163 of 12,651
Hey guys, have an opportunity to either pick up brand new clears (the regular gray ones) for 1100 or anandas for 600. What would you guys choose?

Two completely different presentations. I own the Anandas & recently picked up the Clear Professionals & Arche DAC/amp bundle for 1,940 USD......I just couldn't pass that up.

I love both of them as they are so different and I switch between them depending on the material I'm listening to and my mood.

For example: I'm listening to the Back in Black album by AC/DC right now and IMO the Clears are the definite choice here. I listened to some Dead Can't Dance this morning and the Anandas were the go to choice.

Mar 13, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #9,164 of 12,651
Two completely different presentations. I own the Anandas & recently picked up the Clear Professionals & Arche DAC/amp bundle for 1,940 USD......I just couldn't pass that up.

I love both of them as they are so different and I switch between them depending on the material I'm listening to and my mood.

For example: I'm listening to the Back in Black album by AC/DC right now and IMO the Clears are the definite choice here. I listened to some Dead Can't Dance this morning and the Anandas were the go to choice.
If you had to pick one, which one?

Mar 14, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #9,165 of 12,651
If you had to pick one, which one?
OMG - that's like asking me to pick my favourite child! :scream:

If there can be only one it would definitely be the Clear as the best all rounder.

It's a good thing I don't personally have to choose, I would miss that soundstage and spaciousness of the Ananda for soundtracks and more laid back material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back