Focal Clear headphones
Mar 28, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #3,226 of 12,543
I believe that Eric was the same person that informed me that the Clear Professional was going to be tuned differently than the Clear. Similar to what they did with the Listen and Listen Professional.

With regards to the tuning I received the same (wrong) information, but by a different person.

Mar 28, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #3,227 of 12,543
i just orde
It’s held together by press-buttons. The buttons have padding in between them and the headband (see pic with thumb). Maybe photos from different angle will help... (see below)

I got these from local re-seller in Singapore (PM me if you're interested in getting one in SG) but I did a google and do see something similar (I can't confirm its the same) on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Sennheiser-Audio-Technica-Replacement-Protector/dp/B00OF71WWO).

Thank you ! I just ordered protection for my clears :)

Mar 28, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #3,229 of 12,543
I've been in contact with the U.S. Focal support and wrote this morning asking about a replaceable headband. Here is the response:

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 11:40 AM, Eric Adler (Service) <service@audioplusservices.com> wrote:

David,

The headband will be available as a part eventually. I have the parts list, but not the prices yet.

Take care,

ERIC ADLER
FOCAL NORTH AMERICA // S U P P O R T & S E R V I C E
8 0 0 . 6 6 3 . 9 3 5 2 x 9

I believe that Eric was the same person that informed me that the Clear Professional was going to be tuned differently than the Clear. Similar to what they did with the Listen and Listen Professional.

With regards to the tuning I received the same (wrong) information, but by a different person.

I was referring to the information I received coming from FOCAL NORTH AMERICA // S U P P O R T & S E R V I C E. I considered it inaccurate information because of the email account @audioplusservices.com. I've already commented on the Professionals being sonically superior based simply on the fact that they are Black/Red and that it has the word "Professional" on the badging.

:relaxed:

Mar 28, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #3,230 of 12,543
I was referring to the information I received coming from FOCAL NORTH AMERICA // S U P P O R T & S E R V I C E. I considered it inaccurate information because of the email account @audioplusservices.com. I've already commented on the Professionals being sonically superior based simply on the fact that they are Black/Red and that it has the word "Professional" on the badging.

:relaxed:

Audioplusservices.com is the NA portion of Focal NA. It was a different company called B&B ....between the 2, Audioplus is the more organized company

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Mar 29, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #3,231 of 12,543
Has anyone had any problems with objects getting into the drivers? When I demoed the clear the driver looked almost completely open from the inside, and I was wondering if hair or earwax or dust or something similar could get through to the driver?

Mar 29, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #3,232 of 12,543
Has anyone had any problems with objects getting into the drivers? When I demoed the clear the driver looked almost completely open from the inside, and I was wondering if hair or earwax or dust or something similar could get through to the driver?

People have had hair get in the chamber and had to remove it to avoid issues.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Mar 29, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #3,233 of 12,543
People have had hair get in the chamber and had to remove it to avoid issues.
Interesting you mention this- I have heard of this happening with a ton of different headphones and I have never heard it before. Not to be stupid, but is there a common sound you would assosocate with hair being inside of the driver?

I thoguht people on anothe thread (different headphone) talked about bass being muffled is a sign of hair in the driver of a headphone.

Mar 30, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #3,234 of 12,543
Hello,
I would like to know if a tube amp would make my Clear sound more fun. Let me explain.
I don't have loads of headphones, I love my trusty HE-500. Laid back and fun, I can almost feel the impact of sound in electro music. I like the texture. Probably not using the right terms... sorry for that.
Now the Clear I understand that it's very neutral but can I bring life to it?
Or is it because planar headphones are my thing and should go for a HEX V2 for example?

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #3,235 of 12,543
Hello,
I would like to know if a tube amp would make my Clear sound more fun. Let me explain.
I don't have loads of headphones, I love my trusty HE-500. Laid back and fun, I can almost feel the impact of sound in electro music. I like the texture. Probably not using the right terms... sorry for that.
Or is it because planar headphones are my thing and should go for a HEX V2 for example?

Why look for something better then your trusty HE-500?. isn't it more fun to have a different headphone a different sound sig. I also own both the he500 and the clear and use them for different purposes.though lately I am using the clear way more because it's so engaging.

Mar 30, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #3,236 of 12,543
Why look for something better then your trusty HE-500?. isn't it more fun to have a different headphone a different sound sig. I also own both the he500 and the clear and use them for different purposes.though lately I am using the clear way more because it's so engaging.

I started to work more frequently from home so I was looking for a pair of headphones that would be less heavy for long day listening when I am not on speaker :)
It isn't that fun for my wallet :p
I like my HE-500 more than the Clear despite the lesser level of detail.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #3,237 of 12,543
I started to work more frequently from home so I was looking for a pair of headphones that would be less heavy for long day listening when I am not on speaker :)
It isn't that fun for my wallet :p

Comparing the felt weight of my "comfort modded" (focuspad's+ extra headband padding) he-500 and the Clear. The clear doesn't feel much lighter. It is quite comfortable in it's stock form though.

I would recommend maybe also looking into the Audeze lcd2c and the hifiman sundara.

Hope you find this helpfull :D

Mar 30, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #3,238 of 12,543
Comparing the felt weight of my "comfort modded" (focuspad's+ extra headband padding) he-500 and the Clear. The clear doesn't feel much lighter. It is quite comfortable in it's stock form though.

I would recommend maybe also looking into the Audeze lcd2c and the hifiman sundara.

Hope you find this helpfull :D

I put a suspended headband on my he-500 and alpha dogs pads, it feels great on the ear but it's the top of the head and the neck that are suffering after awhile :p

Mar 30, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #3,239 of 12,543
Hello,
Yes , I agree somewhat. Clears great but the overal fun warmth sound is a little thin. I would love to try the hex v2 as I’m a big hifiman fan.

Mar 30, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #3,240 of 12,543
Interesting you mention this- I have heard of this happening with a ton of different headphones and I have never heard it before. Not to be stupid, but is there a common sound you would assosocate with hair being inside of the driver?

I thoguht people on anothe thread (different headphone) talked about bass being muffled is a sign of hair in the driver of a headphone.[/QUOT

I thoguht people on anothe thread (different headphone) talked about bass being muffled is a sign of hair in the driver of a headphone.

Not a problem for me anymore, my cranial capillum has crossed the river Styx, never to return...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back