flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Sep 19, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #12,451 of 39,414
10171952_thumb.jpg

We've got ourself a new sheriff, he's a faithful servant of the law.
"You, over there. Stop what you're doing. Did you know pairing that cable with that earphones is a crime?"

Sep 19, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #12,452 of 39,414
I have to give a huge shout out to @Wyville for something completely unrelated to audio. But, given that this is really just a dog meme thread, this is the proper place for such a post...

We all know and love Erik for many reasons, some of which include his ability to express how IEMs and cables sound with utmost finesse and emotion, his expertly chosen dog GIFs and memes, his unapologetic love for Rhapsodio and his valuable advice on what members should buy with their hard earned money. I'd better stop before I try to put a ring on his finger...

Anyway, in recent chats, we discussed how my dog was undergoing a fairly major surgery and being a dog lover himself, offered a lot of kind words and warm wishes. He mentioned that his wife often knitted sweaters and costumes for dogs, never accepted funding for such a task and did it out of the kindness of her heart. I received such a creation the other day and honestly, I just had to share it here to prove what a stand-up guy Erik is (and his better half, of course, and as if there was any doubt).

I present to you, Sheriff Tucker!

Yes, the companion toy (which squeaks!) came with the sweater. With this amount of attention to detail, I hope the Wyville family will make my next IEM cable...

-Collin-
Looking good sheriff Tucker! We just woke up over here and my wife really enjoyed seeing the pictures before she left for work. Great pictures with some very good poses! Tucker is a natural model. And it fits pretty decently, all things considered. Could have perhaps used a little more room around the waist, but not bad considering my wife did that based on a guesstimation. Really happy it worked out well!

Sep 19, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #12,453 of 39,414
Looking good sheriff Tucker! We just woke up over here and my wife really enjoyed seeing the pictures before she left for work. Great pictures with some very good poses! Tucker is a natural model. And it fits pretty decently, all things considered. Could have perhaps used a little more room around the waist, but not bad considering my wife did that based on a guesstimation. Really happy it worked out well!

Don't worry Man, Tucker took it as he needs to hit the treadmill and slim down just a tad. I think his dad does too. :)

-Collin-

Sep 19, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #12,455 of 39,414
I have to give a huge shout out to @Wyville for something completely unrelated to audio. But, given that this is really just a dog meme thread, this is the proper place for such a post...

We all know and love Erik for many reasons, some of which include his ability to express how IEMs and cables sound with utmost finesse and emotion, his expertly chosen dog GIFs and memes, his unapologetic love for Rhapsodio and his valuable advice on what members should buy with their hard earned money. I'd better stop before I try to put a ring on his finger...

Anyway, in recent chats, we discussed how my dog was undergoing a fairly major surgery and being a dog lover himself, offered a lot of kind words and warm wishes. He mentioned that his wife often knitted sweaters and costumes for dogs, never accepted funding for such a task and did it out of the kindness of her heart. I received such a creation the other day and honestly, I just had to share it here to prove what a stand-up guy Erik is (and his better half, of course, and as if there was any doubt).

I present to you, Sheriff Tucker!

Yes, the companion toy (which squeaks!) came with the sweater. With this amount of attention to detail, I hope the Wyville family will make my next IEM cable...

-Collin-

That's the cutest thing I've seen all week! :D Sure beats the used Forever 21 women's crop tops that T-Bone's been delegated to wearing every now and again. :p

Sep 19, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #12,457 of 39,414
That's the cutest thing I've seen all week! :D Sure beats the used Forever 21 women's crop tops that T-Bone's been delegated to wearing every now and again. :p
Time to place an order for a custom, hand-made vest?
user-img_371281_19068727_1511287650jpeg_Large600_ID-2525591.jpg

Sep 19, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #12,458 of 39,414
Sep 19, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #12,459 of 39,414
hey thanks for that and the info about where I can try em :)

I've read about Adel and Apex and apparently (at the time I researched them) there was no hardcore data to prove it really does reduce hearing loss. I guess it needs more longterm use to see the results to compare to the typical rate of hearing loss. that's also why I thought an L shape signature would be good for her or at least a decent roll off on the treble. thank you!

for now I've lent her my e5000 but I'll eventually help her decide between the se215, some chifi iems I've been into recently, and now this Zen 2 ( soon before the drop ends)

thanks!
I have a variety of customs and two with APEX modules that are similar to the ADEL so I can share my experience a little. The big deal is that the ADEL/APEX eliminates the listener fatigue allowing you to listen at higher volumes comfortably without the harmful effects. Regardless of the intended benefit, the SQ goes up with more volume at a comfortable listening range and the soundstage is highly improved with this tech.

Sep 19, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #12,461 of 39,414
It’s becoming rare to find people who truly appreciates Steely Dan.
I personally think Aja should be on everyone’s DAP
, it can only be defined as a sonic masterpiece.. influencing rock with the right amout of jazz-iness and master it to perfection..

btw, I’m in the same phase as you, cables, cables everywhere.. :)

i have met a few people who grasp the SD genius but like you said too few

on a serious note , we live in the oxymoron era - people can find everything on the net music-wise , yet most of them listen to garbage crap junkfood muzak

btw someone was asking which albums he should hear in DSD , aja is def one of them - amazing production/sonics from an era where producing a record was an art

btw , i love how sleazy their lyrics are on gaucho (another great record there)

ps : hope your yacht is big and luxurious :k701smile:

Sep 19, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #12,462 of 39,414
Fagen and Becker are pure genius. I love how they were only a studio band and many of the Doobies worked with them. Skunk Baxter did a ton of stuff with them also. Wonderful post.
869302928-612x612.jpg

Sep 19, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #12,463 of 39,414

on a serious note , we live in the oxymoron era - people can find everything on the net music-wise , yet most of them listen to dog**** crap junkfood muzak

btw someone was asking which albums he should hear in DSD , aja is def one of them - amazing production/sonics from an era where producing a record was an art

I looked for Aja and Pretzel Logic in DSD about a year ago and couldn't find them anyplace. Got Gaucho on HDTracks. Do you have any download websites to direct me to? Thanks!

Sep 19, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #12,465 of 39,414

on a serious note , we live in the oxymoron era - people can find everything on the net music-wise , yet most of them listen to dog**** crap junkfood muzak

The third yacht is big and luxurious.

The first two were crap.. but then you learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back