flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Sep 19, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #12,466 of 39,411
@SeeSax you just made my morning with your Tucker Pics.

My new toy:

IMG_8619.JPG

Rhapsodio Solar Japan version. The only difference is the color. The sound is the same. May be an oldie but is a goodie. DD sounding bass from a BA. Nails the BA treble. Fun, warm, but still detailed. I do need a palate cleanser before I listen to my reference IEMs after tasting the Solar. Otherwise the reference IEMs sound a little anemic until my mind adjusts.

Color is translucent black with a hint of blue/green in it. Thank you @Solarsammy for making such an enjoyable IEM.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #12,468 of 39,411
That is why I posted pics so @Wyville will include it in his definitive shootout. I think he is doing an IEM classic music only shootout......

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #12,469 of 39,411
@SeeSax you just made my morning with your Tucker Pics.

My new toy:

Rhapsodio Solar Japan version. The only difference is the color. The sound is the same. May be an oldie but is a goodie. DD sounding bass from a BA. Nails the BA treble. Fun, warm, but still detailed. I do need a palate cleaner before I listen to my reference IEMs after tasting the Solar. Otherwise the reference IEMs sound a little anemic until my mind adjusts.

Color is translucent black with a hint of blue/green in it. Thank you @Solarsammy for making such an enjoyable IEM.

exciting coincidence mine arrive on Friday :)

Sep 19, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #12,470 of 39,411
Sep 20, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #12,471 of 39,411
@SLC1966 awesome!

I think Solar will make a comeback in 2019. Probably in @Wyville Top 35 IEM 2019 shootout thread...

-Collin-
Top 35? ...35?!
SingleMeaslyAmericanriverotter-max-1mb.gif

That is why I posted pics so @Wyville will include it in his definitive shootout. I think he is doing an IEM classic music only shootout......
That might actually be pretty fun, a classical music shootout. Still... 35?!

Sep 20, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #12,472 of 39,411
39 IEM Classical Music Shootout would also work. AKA “The Wyville 39 CMS”

Sep 20, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #12,474 of 39,411
Great, manage to get my ear syringed nice and easily this time. Two days later pick up the office cough/cold that's going around aggravated by a rubbish air con. Now I need to let this settle down before even thinking about impressions. Never mind the fact I (still) can't use in ears as that just aggravates them when I do get a cough or cold :frowning2: Right now I think I'm probably about done with customs in general. Tried two different audiologists and still not had a decent result. I would give up and go back to universals but the whole point of me trying customs out in the first place was the fact that I couldn't get a decent fit on my right ear. This time around we were thinking of trying a closed mouth impression just to see if that would make a difference.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #12,475 of 39,411
Great, manage to get my ear syringed nice and easily this time. Two days later pick up the office cough/cold that's going around aggravated by a rubbish air con. Now I need to let this settle down before even thinking about impressions. Never mind the fact I (still) can't use in ears as that just aggravates them when I do get a cough or cold :frowning2: Right now I think I'm probably about done with customs in general. Tried two different audiologists and still not had a decent result. I would give up and go back to universals but the whole point of me trying customs out in the first place was the fact that I couldn't get a decent fit on my right ear. This time around we were thinking of trying a closed mouth impression just to see if that would make a difference.
You ever consider starting your own thread? Maybe there are others here who might actually want to sympathize share similar stories with you, possibly compare doctors advice or maybe homeopathy a home remedy could help?

Seems I'm no longer able to post without including one joke....and homeopathy is pretty hilarious.

OK. OK. I meant both (two) jokes.

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #12,476 of 39,411
You ever consider starting your own thread? Maybe there are others here who might actually want to sympathize share similar stories with you, possibly compare doctors advice or maybe homeopathy a home remedy could help?

Seems I'm no longer able to post without including one joke....and homeopathy is pretty hilarious.

OK. OK. I meant both (two) jokes.

Nah, not worth it. Just having a bit of a whinge after (another) crap day at work :p

Sep 20, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #12,477 of 39,411
Remember the other day a MassDrop picture with Empire Ears IEMs, blue shells? Well, we were all wrong cause MassDrop just announced MassDrop x EE Zeus edition, launching September 24 at 6am PT for $999. Looks like Zeus without Apex, also keeping 14 drivers.

MassdropxZeus.jpg

Sep 20, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #12,478 of 39,411
Sep 20, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #12,479 of 39,411

Users who are viewing this thread

Back