flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Apr 25, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #9,452 of 39,414
Most cables need a good 100hr wake up, lol. Ok, I need to know how they sound vs the EA cables....hmmmmmmmm :wink:

When i have something to plug them into again I’ll do some back to back with my leonidas and ares2. Fingers crossed EE will soon have a solution sorted to suit my poor delicate lugs.

In the meantime as of Monday I’ll hopefully have a couple of pairs of accoustic distractions arriving turning up from
Poland. Emil at Lime ears is kindly lending me the aethers and model x to demo. :)

Apr 25, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #9,453 of 39,414
... btw, as someone who is happily married and with my oldest (a teenage daughter), all I have to say - Good luck trying to analyze how women think and the logic behind wearing make up :p
Oh it's the perfect time on the contrary. Ideal time to ask her to film herself doing makeup and you do the voice over and post it on youtube. dab dab dab :joy:

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #9,454 of 39,414
I've been seeing Rudi peddling that recently too and I've been both laughing and feeling a bit disconcerted that something so obviously snake-oil have been gaining traction...

I mean, an open mind is good and all but the rational and logical conclusion to this anti-vibration sticker bull should come immediately to most people. If you open your mind up too much your brains just might fall out.
Well it is only relevant is strong seismic regions such as Japan. There the vibrations really get un the way of music.

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #9,455 of 39,414
Well it is only relevant is strong seismic regions such as Japan. There the vibrations really get un the way of music.

Japanese firms should fire their architects and stick some of those magical stickers onto their skyscrapers.

Apr 26, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #9,456 of 39,414
Daily stupid #2
CqIqnOA.jpg

(this is what inspired my signature)

Apr 26, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #9,457 of 39,414
When i have something to plug them into again I’ll do some back to back with my leonidas and ares2. Fingers crossed EE will soon have a solution sorted to suit my poor delicate lugs.

In the meantime as of Monday I’ll hopefully have a couple of pairs of accoustic distractions arriving turning up from
Poland. Emil at Lime ears is kindly lending me the aethers and model x to demo. :)

Oh man... you are in for a treat! :D

Apr 26, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #9,458 of 39,414
Oh man... you are in for a treat! :D

I hope so and i'm very excited to try them both. Initially i was just going to give the model x a go, as i thought they might give me something complimentary to what the Phantoms offer, but after my recent issues with the Phantom Vs my ears, i thought i'd give the aether's a try as possible substitute, just in case EE aren't able to solve the issue. All this with the added bonus of no customs interference between the UK and Poland.. for the time being at least!!

Apr 26, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #9,459 of 39,414
Which level of k mod did you go in for? How long it took for the mod to be done?

I'm seriously considering k mod for my wm1a. Thanks.
Sorry for the wait! Yeah as San Man said, mine is the premium one with 8-wire balanced and 4-wire single ended. Turnover time when I ordered was 3-5 working days. I think it's better to contact Calvin (Kozato in HF) for a more accurate answer.

Apr 26, 2018 at 6:24 AM Post #9,460 of 39,414
Sorry for the wait! Yeah as San Man said, mine is the premium one with 8-wire balanced and 4-wire single ended. Turnover time when I ordered was 3-5 working days. I think it's better to contact Calvin (Kozato in HF) for a more accurate answer.

Lau, check the MS website. Calvin just released a "Premium+" mod :)

Apr 26, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #9,461 of 39,414
Lau, check the MS website. Calvin just released a "Premium+" mod :)
LOL nooooooo. From the website:

Premium PLUS
4-wire single ended, 8-wire balanced+2 pairs of tantalum capacitors wired parallel to analog output: S$1049 (dual 1960s wire for DC ground section)

I'll reserve comment bcos I have zero engineering background. :ksc75smile:

Apr 26, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #9,463 of 39,414
i'm gonna assume everyone has seen this one
Lovely albums! Sign me up!

But honestly if I have no partner, no children and bags of money I'll shoot straight for 2-channel. And probably eat unhealthy food, get drunk everyday and buy a sportscar. In short, living the dream.

Apr 26, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #9,464 of 39,414

Wow, can't wait to hear your thoughts. So sorry the Phantom hasn't been the answer. Hopefully you can get it straightened out. If not, it seems like you have some options.

Last options, I'll sell you my ZMF Ori's in Bocote with a balanced cable and have it re terminated to your choice, lol. :)...am selling, so the offer is there for folks, lol.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #9,465 of 39,414
i'm gonna assume everyone has seen this one

I've been on the Steve Hoffman forum a few times.
There's some very helpful and educational stuff on there. Also some disturbingly militant opinion-holders and fanboys, but it's all entertaining :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back