flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Nov 17, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #6,016 of 39,414
Nov 17, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #6,017 of 39,414
@ezekiel77, very nicely done, like the writing style. Recently got the v1 (was pretty inexpensive-relatively-in the For Sale forum), sounds pretty similar to the way you describe v2.

(in your profile you mention that the v1 was "upgraded", is there an upgrade through Rhapsidio?)

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #6,018 of 39,414
Great review, EZ! Thorough and well-written!

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #6,019 of 39,414
IMAG0271.jpg
Poor Ozzie, breaks my heart...

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #6,021 of 39,414
dogs , such amazing animals <3

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #6,023 of 39,414
Mine have never quite had the spacial calculating ability of this pooch (as witnessed by them constantly getting caught on the other side of poles when they are on a leash)

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #6,024 of 39,414
Poor Ozzie, breaks my heart...
Well, sometimes even wearing a cone can have its advantages...
Smart+dog+is+smart+tags_e4fbc8_4279856.gif

...you just have to make the best out of it, right?
Gett well soon Ozzie (lovely looking dog) :thumbsup:

And clever!
Ghn6HZZ.gif
The Smiths had a song called 'Some girls are bigger than others'
Could also have been 'Some dogs are smarter than others' :wink:
6u7teH.gif

giphy.gif

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #6,025 of 39,414
Mine have never quite had the special calculating ability of this pooch (as witnessed by them constantly getting caught on the other side of poles when they are on a leash)
My sister-in-law brought home a Pointer after having volunteered at a Greek shelter and he was the most lovable, but also the dumbest dog I have ever known. :sweat_smile:

Because of all his traumas we used to take him to a fireworks-free park every New Year's eve. This year we booked the best yet, but he sadly passed away a few months ago, days before we were traveling back to visit him. Will miss him, especially when we go on holiday in a month's time without him, but at least we had been able to spoil him to bits for a good number of years!

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #6,026 of 39,414
My last dog developed a panic disorder from 4th of July fireworks-she'd go into a panic for weeks afterwards, had to carry her down the steps to get her outside (and I lived in a 3rd floor walkup apartment at the time; she was a fairly large shepherd mix). It wasn't fun. She was actually not the best dog ever; was jealous of my new baby girl when she was a toddler, always worried she'd be the victim of a bite. Ozzie, on the other hand, is the sweetest, gentlest dog I've ever had (and pretty smart, aside from his space issues; my daughter regularly teaches him pretty complicated tricks), and I've had a number myself or when I grew up.

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #6,027 of 39,414
My last dog developed a panic disorder from 4th of July fireworks-she'd go into a panic for weeks afterwards, had to carry her down the steps to get her outside (and I lived in a 3rd floor walkup apartment at the time; she was a fairly large shepherd mix). It wasn't fun. She was actually not the best dog ever; was jealous of my new baby girl when she was a toddler, always worried she'd be the victim of a bite. Ozzie, on the other hand, is the sweetest, gentlest dog I've ever had (and pretty smart, aside from his space issues; my daughter regularly teaches him pretty complicated tricks), and I've had a number myself or when I grew up.
Labradoodles have a great character and I would expect them to be pretty intelligent. They are definitely high on our wish list for the first dog we get once we have escaped London.

...of course it will be a "first" dog because I like expensive gear! :D

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #6,028 of 39,414
We have a pure-bred Siberian Husky and a Chow/Sheppard mix. These two animals could not be more different. :D

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #6,029 of 39,414
We have a pure-bred Siberian Husky and a Chow/Sheppard mix. These two animals could not be more different. :D
I love the Siberian Husky and if we get one of those, my wife will be able to buy herself some TOTL IEMs! :D

But yeah, that won't happen in London for sure. They need space and plenty of it. My dream:
Husky Powered Cross Country Snowboarding!

Nov 17, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #6,030 of 39,414
@ezekiel77, very nicely done, like the writing style. Recently got the v1 (was pretty inexpensive-relatively-in the For Sale forum), sounds pretty similar to the way you describe v2.

(in your profile you mention that the v1 was "upgraded", is there an upgrade through Rhapsidio?)
Thanks! The upgrade wasn't official. When V2 was released some of us V1 owners contacted Sammy and at the time he was willing to offer a discount to upgrade to V2.

Hope Ozzie gets well soon!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back