flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Mar 1, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #28,066 of 39,414
Yes, they should mark it NSFW in red. Not safe for wallet :L3000:
Some more NSFW content:

88BB4956-DEE9-4D7F-98F2-FE3FFAB64781.jpeg
71CB0D75-D442-4067-9DED-F1AAC81E9297.jpeg

Mar 1, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #28,067 of 39,414
Pround owner of VE8 anniversary version
I went ahead and preordered the VE 8 Anniversary. The faceplate is brushed copper and I like it better than the other universal faceplate.

I’m a big fan of German-made high end product (owned a Burmester belt drive CD player and a Clearaudio turntable) and with all the reviews I’ve read, I think this iem will nicely compliment my existing collection. As we all say after a purchase, the waiting begins ...
I love German products too - I own a T&A Music server, Gauder Akustik Loudspeakers, Clearaudio MM Needle for turntables and lot's of inakustik cables - but they don't sound finally any better than my fully (as it turned out) Chinese mobile set up with a Huawei Smartphone, a L&P W1 DAC and Oriolus Traillii IEM (Japanese OEM of Chinese R&D). Competition is tough nowadays...

Mar 1, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #28,069 of 39,414
I love German products too - I own a T&A Music server, Gauder Akustik Loudspeakers, Clearaudio MM Needle for turntables and lot's of inakustik cables - but they don't sound finally any better than my fully (as it turned out) Chinese mobile set up with a Huawei Smartphone, a L&P W1 DAC and Oriolus Traillii IEM (Japanese OEM of Chinese R&D). Competition is tough nowadays...
Some more NSFW content:

88BB4956-DEE9-4D7F-98F2-FE3FFAB64781.jpeg
71CB0D75-D442-4067-9DED-F1AAC81E9297.jpeg
I actually always wrote about the IEM - but in fact - the cable is incredible - it is almost neglected in the various comments but this cable is superb - and it has this guiding plastic cover which has the shape of the upper side of the ear and makes the IEM fit perfectly. And the whole look and feel of this cable is incredible. I am sure there are other cables in a similar quality out there - i only happen to know this one and frankly it is worth also to be mentioned !
B.t.w. - great photos !

Mar 1, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #28,070 of 39,414
I actually always wrote about the IEM - but in fact - the cable is incredible - it is almost neglected in the various comments but this cable is superb - and it has this guiding plastic cover which has the shape of the upper side of the ear and makes the IEM fit perfectly. And the whole look and feel of this cable is incredible. I am sure there are other cables in a similar quality out there - i only happen to know this one and frankly it is worth also to be mentioned !
B.t.w. - great photos !
It isn't often mentioned because 99% of aftermarket cables have pre-shaped heatshrink nowadays. :D But, yeah, the 4-wire 1960s is a beast indeed. Obviously, it costs quite the pretty penny when you purchase it standalone, but I also haven't found too many in-ears that don't pair well with it.

Mar 1, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #28,071 of 39,414
Mar 1, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #28,073 of 39,414
he needs to change the earbuds to CP155 or CP 500 or something similar in order to unleash the full bass power of Traillii - I hope one day to be able to test the famously mentioned VE Erlk - and get myself a picture of how it compares to Traillii.
It will still not have the slam of the Erlk, though it is excellent in its own right. More so than others.

Mar 1, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #28,074 of 39,414

I was just thinking the other day that every component in my chain starting with the DAC to the IEMs comes from a different country as follows: Japan (DAC) => China (DAP) => Netherlands (app) => Singapore (cable) => Germany (IEMs) ...quite cosmopolitan.

Mar 1, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #28,076 of 39,414
For my next purchase I'm considering Tia trio, Nio, EE LX and Valkyrie II, VE8 and Elysium. I am looking first of all for a warm tonality and natural vocals and a good stage . Can someone tell me please which one has the warmest vocals out of the bunch and if all of these can be powered by Fiio M15. Also which one has thin vocals so I can mark it off my list. Thanks

Mar 1, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #28,077 of 39,414
B.t.w. - great photos !
I find the cable more microphonic than the 1950’s though. I wish it was not microphonic at all. I hate hearing a rubbing noise through my IEM’s.

Mar 1, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #28,080 of 39,414
The Trailli is electrostatic so doesn't it require a different amp?
No, not electrostatic like the shure kse.

it just has estat drivers for the treble...sounds incredible straight of an iPhone. 😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back