flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Feb 9, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #27,481 of 39,419
🤣🤣🤣🤣
No worries I have a huge load of gear to throw at you so I have time to drive off quickly away LOL

TIGER IS quick and silent stealthy cat 😁🐅🐾
Silent?

love ya, buddy.

Feb 9, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #27,482 of 39,419
Feb 9, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #27,483 of 39,419
What’s even more crazy is every single person I know who’s demo’d it from musicteck has bought it. The few I know who blind bought it also love it. Speaks largely for what sort of sound it delivers.

Ive never doubted it sounds great, (though I have some doubts it’s for me) but at that price it’s totally unobtainable for me...which is why I’ve been asking about other great options from that brand. Do they not have any other IEMs of note?

Feb 9, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #27,484 of 39,419
Ive never doubted it sounds great, (though I have some doubts it’s for me) but at that price it’s totally unobtainable for me...which is why I’ve been asking about other great options from that brand. Do they not have any other IEMs of note?

No idea man. The Traillii is the first Oriolus IEM I’ve ever dealt with so I can’t speak for their lesser options. I believe overall they’re rated in decent regards but that’s about all I have to offer there.

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #27,485 of 39,419
Speaking of DUNU, the ZEN is becoming more and more of a favourite of mine.

But I do have to say, the magnets inside the IEMs are strong...😳

I can’t wait to finally have the time to write and film my review.

In the meantime, lemme share this on here as well.
Just a little gift from me lol

The wallpaper should be friendly with any type of aspect ratio your phones might have.

And in the case it’s not letting you download the full resolution image. Here’s the link

Hope you guys like it!

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #27,486 of 39,419
Speaking of DUNU, the ZEN is becoming more and more of a favourite of mine.

But I do have to say, the magnets inside the IEMs are strong...😳

I can’t wait to finally have the time to write and film my review.

In the meantime, lemme share this on here as well.
Just a little gift from me lol

The wallpaper should be friendly with any type of aspect ratio your phones might have.

And in the case it’s not letting you download the full resolution image. Here’s the link

Hope you guys like it!
Beautiful work man! With pictures like that you could be a professional. :wink:

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #27,487 of 39,419
Beautiful work man! With pictures like that you could be a professional. :wink:

Thanks man! I really appreciate it!

I try... 😂

Feb 9, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #27,489 of 39,419
What’s even more crazy is every single person I know who’s demo’d it from musicteck has bought it. The few I know who blind bought it also love it. Speaks largely for what sort of sound it delivers.
May I add one thing - I bought myself some spare Spinfit CP500 Pads and the bass is better than with the original pads - So now the Traillii has even more punch than before - if one likes that of course...
Yes, i am also crazy because I bought one BLIND as well from Musicteck and it was certainly one of my best decisions in Hifi EVER. What is an acceptable price, what is a product really worth?... good questions to ask ... Those questions stopped once i listened to it, and my wallet is empty but my heart is full...:innocent:

Feb 9, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #27,490 of 39,419
What’s their best IEM under $6k?

Edit: Here is my cat Mango two years ago today with my CFA Atlas and Fiio M9...simpler times.

B3D50569-589C-48ED-B861-8F3690073D53.jpeg
To be honest - i am not sure I would go for Oriolus second best product - in that case it really sounds to me to go for VE Elysium, which i believe is a phantastic IEM (or even CIEM) or one other brand in the similar price range.

Feb 9, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #27,491 of 39,419
I hope that like DUNU, Oriolus could use its research and development experience in a trickle down-like effect to release newer models in the future that could sound as good or close but with a lower price reducing the bar of entry for people to enjoy music at the highest quality. I believe access to good sound should be wider out of respect for music and art
That's a really nice sentiment, but I refer you to clause 34 of the Audiophilia Constitution which states, quite unambiguously:

Thou shalt not be satisfied with a lesser model in the range allthewhile there exists a flagship that is superior in every way.

I mean, you can try, but resistance is generally futile, especially if you hang out in this thread.

Feb 9, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #27,492 of 39,419
That's a really nice sentiment, but I refer you to clause 34 of the Audiophilia Constitution which states, quite unambiguously:

Thou shalt not be satisfied with a lesser model in the range allthewhile there exists a flagship that is superior in every way.

I mean, you can try, but resistance is generally futile, especially if you hang out in this thread.
Resistance is futile.

Feb 9, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #27,494 of 39,419
Three things are true:

- nearly everyone who has heard traillii has loved and bought it

- we’re all crazy

- berb sounz gud

Feb 9, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #27,495 of 39,419
4xevgt.jpg

But nothing happened..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back