FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Aug 17, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #4,876 of 7,931
Hi all,

The first thing I listened too at CanJam London was the Celeste.  This wasn't by design but merely because I took a right at the entrance and was the first available audition seat.

Oh my, what a lucky seat it was.  I was invited straight away to look at eth mechanism of tuning via three brass cogs.  My pigeon cantonese confirmed that the cogs were uncovering three ports inside the IEM.

A little bit of background.  I loved the Sleek SA6 tunable IEMS for a few years ago but the build quality wasn't really there. Great concept though.
The IE8 / 80's I have were great to be able to select the base presence.  My Roxanne CEIM's also benefit from base tuning.  So you can see that I enjoy the 'personalisation' these offer.

The Celeste looks like it will have the fully adjustable bass control but also had two 'two way' switches on the y splitter.  This had a 'off' and vocal setting. When the vocal was chosen, then the other switch was operational which gave a female and male setting.  This emphasised a midrange which moved 'higher' in frequency for the female setting.  I was impressed by this but would choose not to have it if possible.  It's interesting and will appeal to many but I felt it altered the producers settings too much.

The sound of Celeste.

Amazing.  Bass is not overly present but it is richer and goes lower than the Roxannes.  I think it's capable of between 10 and 15 Hz at the lower end.

I thought these were better than the Noble TOTL products too.

Would I buy a pair?  No.  I have the Roxannes.  If I lost the Roxannes then I would get these at probably half the price.

I was given an indication of price but that is private and not to be shared.

All in all, a great product that will rock the market!

Regards

Sceptre

Aug 17, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #4,877 of 7,931
  Hi all,

The first thing I listened too at CanJam London was the Celeste.  This wasn't by design but merely because I took a right at the entrance and was the first available audition seat.

Oh my, what a lucky seat it was.  I was invited straight away to look at eth mechanism of tuning via three brass cogs.  My pigeon cantonese confirmed that the cogs were uncovering three ports inside the IEM.

A little bit of background.  I loved the Sleek SA6 tunable IEMS for a few years ago but the build quality wasn't really there. Great concept though.
The IE8 / 80's I have were great to be able to select the base presence.  My Roxanne CEIM's also benefit from base tuning.  So you can see that I enjoy the 'personalisation' these offer.

The Celeste looks like it will have the fully adjustable bass control but also had two 'two way' switches on the y splitter.  This had a 'off' and vocal setting. When the vocal was chosen, then the other switch was operational which gave a female and male setting.  This emphasised a midrange which moved 'higher' in frequency for the female setting.  I was impressed by this but would choose not to have it if possible.  It's interesting and will appeal to many but I felt it altered the producers settings too much.

The sound of Celeste.

Amazing.  Bass is not overly present but it is richer and goes lower than the Roxannes.  I think it's capable of between 10 and 15 Hz at the lower end.

Would I buy a pair?  No.  I have the Roxannes.  If I lost the Roxannes then I would get these at probably half the price.

Regards

Sceptre

Oh man, the Celeste sounds like it will be a big hit. Makes me wonder if I should've waited for them instead.
Ah well. I'll just keep telling myself that the Celeste will probably be waaaaay out of my budget. 
redface.gif

Anyway, I got the opportunity to try out my friend's Dita Truth Edition. The thing I really noticed was that the vocals were presented very differently. An analogy I would use is if the FLC8S vocals feels like water flowing into my ears, the Dita's vocals feels like thick syrupy honey. The vocals also didn't feel as forward as the FLC8S.
I would've spent more time with it to see how it fares against the FLC8S, but both of us had classes to rush to. 
tongue.gif

For now though, I definitely prefer the way the FLC8S presents it vocals over the Dita. How the other areas hold up will have to wait until I can meet up with him again.

Aug 17, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #4,878 of 7,931
  Hi all,

The sound of Celeste.

Regards

Sceptre

Better than the K10U? How was the comfort?

Aug 18, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #4,879 of 7,931
congrats, Forrestwei, for the kudos you're getting on the canjam thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/817115/canjam-london-2016-impressions-thread-august-13-14-2016/180#post_12793918
many (if not most) of the participants are saying the same thing, in essence:
''wow, have never heard of this company before, but am most impressed with what i'm hearing''

one example.

hope you'll keep working at getting your product out to key reviewers who have a large following in their columns/blogs etc.
seems since you're so small, you will just have to slay them one at a time 'til you get more traction by a significant player coming
across your iems and liking what he hears enought to want to share with others...then starts to spread the word around for you.
...hope you have continued success.

Thanks a lot!

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #4,880 of 7,931
from canjam thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/817115/canjam-london-2016-impressions-thread-august-13-14-2016/180#post_12793918

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/61/100x100px-LS-61c6c555_user-338363-avatar.jpeg[/img]
  1. piercer
  2. badge_100.v1509773630.png
  4. offline
  1. 289 Posts. Joined 8/2012
  2. Location: London

Flc listeners at canjam...Did anyone listen to both the flc 8s as well as the new and soon to be released total Celeste?

Yes, I did. The 8s were amazing for the price - I mean amazing. In the brief time I had with the Celestes I was blown away. The Celestes had an amazingly coherent rich sound - much better than the Noble Katana IMHO. Good bass, mids and highs - Jude thought they may have a dip in the sibilance band to make them sound sweeter but they still sounded incredible. They had excellent detail (I was hearing things that I hadn't noticed before). They had a wise sound stage. I thought the Celestes were better than my JHA Laylas! That good!

They were a pre-production pair, so I hope the final commercial offering is as good. If so, I will be buying.

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #4,883 of 7,931

The FLC8s is already on the market for quite some time, buddy. 
wink.gif

I assume you meant the Celeste, didn't you?

well yes i meant the celeste

so how do they compare the celeste to flc8s

and from where can one buy the flc8s

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #4,885 of 7,931

The FLC8s is already on the market for quite some time, buddy. 
wink.gif

I assume you meant the Celeste, didn't you?

I haven't heard the Celeste, but you can check the previous pages of this thread where a few links to impressions from people who attended this year's London CanJam can be found. And these early impressions sound extremely promising.

Lend Me UR ears for example (http://www.lendmeurears.com/).

Aug 18, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #4,886 of 7,931
Hey guys, I missed the picture of the Celeste prototype. Those who did have a chance to see the pic or try the IEM at the London CanJam, how is the tuning done on the Celste? Through filters and parts like on the FLC 8s or through knobs like on IE80?

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #4,887 of 7,931
  Hey guys, I missed the picture of the Celeste prototype. Those who did have a chance to see the pic or try the IEM at the London CanJam, how is the tuning done on the Celste? Through filters and parts like on the FLC 8s or through knobs like on IE80?

Not sure how much I'm allowed to say as it's a prototype, but of the two options you mentioned it's more like the latter. There's also a cable with 2 separate switches to further change the sound. 

I was told it would be released in 3-4 weeks, another I talked to was told 2 months. From what I gather, the Celeste's special parts are all hand-made hence the time.

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #4,888 of 7,931
  Not sure how much I'm allowed to say as it's a prototype, but of the two options you mentioned it's more like the latter. There's also a cable with 2 separate switches to further change the sound. 

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back