FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jan 22, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #7,921 of 7,931
So hard to find a replacement cable for these. I'm looking for a balanced cable, but nobody makes anything with 0.74mm connectors. Is FLC still an existing company? Would the owner make any replacement cables?
You can still buy official cables from lendmeurears, however doesn't seem like there are 0.74mm cables for the 8s - you you could consider using an adaptor perhaps?:
https://www.lendmeurears.com/search.php?search_query=flc&section=product

If you are using the FLC 8S, you can easily stretch it out and put in 0.75mm cables in it. I did it as have many other people and it's totally worth it if you ask me, so you can use many other wires. The only other thing that you have to make sure is that if they are moulded hooks around the ear that they can be "reversed", that means like if it's a wire guiding the curve of the ear hook. As you will have to put one of your headphones in the opposite way on the 0.75mm connector as normal, due to FLC's way of doing things. I've done this for quite a few cables and it worked out fine. If you find a cable on amazon on aliexpress, feel free to link it here and I might be able to tell you if I think it will work for it.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #7,922 of 7,931
Thank you for all of the people that helped me out here. I ended up getting a custom cable at SG Audio Hive. I had to email them and let them know I needed the specific 0.74mm connectors which were not available on their website. They were able to order in the pins and create a custom order for me. Looks and works great.

Attachments

• FLC8S.jpg
    FLC8S.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 0
Apr 14, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #7,923 of 7,931
Thank you for all of the people that helped me out here. I ended up getting a custom cable at SG Audio Hive. I had to email them and let them know I needed the specific 0.74mm connectors which were not available on their website. They were able to order in the pins and create a custom order for me. Looks and works great.
Berry (I mean Blueberry,sweet blue) Nice :grin::beerchug:

Still doing OEM:rolling_eyes: But you have me nervous:sweat_smile: They are indeed a worthy iem:wink:

FLC8s PAW5K.JPG

Apr 14, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #7,924 of 7,931
What do you do when these cables stop working, just replace them?

Apr 18, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #7,926 of 7,931
Does anybody know if the FLC8D has an unusual wiring requirements? This is a .78mm but knowing FLC it has unusual wiring. Would love to get a 4.4 terminated cable for the 8D.

Almo, thank you for passing on information on SG Audio Hive. Once I know what to ask for, I will probably ask them to create the 4.4 cable. Unless of course someone knows where to find such a thing off the shelf or from other custom houses.

Last edited:
May 12, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #7,927 of 7,931
Hey guys, am I the only person in this thread that has a messed up flc8s? My left ear is louder than my right ear. And yes I have tried all the cleaning methods and even confirmed with others that it's the earphones and not me. Is there any way that I can fix this or know anyone who can fix this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back