FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Sep 22, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #7,907 of 7,931
Nov 18, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #7,908 of 7,931
Hello,

I am using a TF10 compatible cable for my FLC8s headphones. This cable has a 3.5mm unbalanced jack plug.

I would like to buy a balanced 2.5mm jack cable. What balanced cable is compatible with FLC8s?
Better if it is available in lunashops.

@Ziggomatic ¿do you know any?

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #7,909 of 7,931
I can sell you an original one, termination 2.5 mm

Nov 18, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #7,911 of 7,931
Its been a while since I researched cables for the FLC8S. I think both the sizing is unusual (0.74) and there may be some anomalies with wiring/phasing. I imagine there are custom cable builders who know what to do with these. I doubt something other than factory off the shelf will be a simple purchase.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #7,914 of 7,931
hey, I have a question. Do you know where I can buy replacement cable for the FLC8S? I am having issues with L and R imbalance. I think my R side is quieter than my L side. Or do you have a third party brand that you would recommend that sounds nice?

Jan 11, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #7,915 of 7,931
hey, I have a question. Do you know where I can buy replacement cable for the FLC8S? I am having issues with L and R imbalance. I think my R side is quieter than my L side. Or do you have a third party brand that you would recommend that sounds nice?
That problem is usually the earphones. Cables sometimes break down and you will get noises and sound cutting in and out and stuff. A side getting a little quieter is not usually how cables how issues. More often than is the earphone itself. Did you swap sides to see if the problem stays on that side cause that will tell you right away if you swap and the R earphone plugged into the L is still quieter.

Jan 11, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #7,916 of 7,931
That problem is usually the earphones. Cables sometimes break down and you will get noises and sound cutting in and out and stuff. A side getting a little quieter is not usually how cables how issues. More often than is the earphone itself. Did you swap sides to see if the problem stays on that side cause that will tell you right away if you swap and the R earphone plugged into the L is still quieter.
So I tried swapping the sides, and the imbalance problem still exists :frowning2: does anyone how or where I can fix this problem?

Jan 12, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #7,917 of 7,931
So I tried swapping the sides, and the imbalance problem still exists :frowning2: does anyone how or where I can fix this problem?
Yes but do you mean it persists on the same side or did it swap sides. If it traveled with the buds it is a buds issue if it stayed one same side after the swap it is a cable issue. Obviously if it is a cable issue you can find a replacement. The buds you can take out the filters and check those and the vents and front screens for any debris that may be blocking. Might get away with just cleaning them out will restore it.

Jan 18, 2023 at 4:54 AM Post #7,918 of 7,931
So hard to find a replacement cable for these. I'm looking for a balanced cable, but nobody makes anything with 0.74mm connectors. Is FLC still an existing company? Would the owner make any replacement cables?

Jan 18, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #7,919 of 7,931
So hard to find a replacement cable for these. I'm looking for a balanced cable, but nobody makes anything with 0.74mm connectors. Is FLC still an existing company? Would the owner make any replacement cables?
Have a look on https://sgaudiohive.com/ I got some cables from them way back, when you placed the order you could tick a box if they were for the FLC so that you got the right sized plugs.

Jan 22, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #7,920 of 7,931
I think FLC Forrest is still kicking. But I can only find stuff related to it on Taobao. Maybe you can try contacting him on Taobao (if you even have the account) to get a replacement cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back