FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Jul 11, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #7,878 of 7,931
Can you not just get a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter for your FLC8D?
I agree regarding the sound of the FLC8 series. They are really great. I only wish there was a black version of the 8D.
When you buy an adaptor make sure it is not generic. You need one specifically designed to take a stereo 2.5 balanced and convert to 3.5 single ended. There are a few choices on Amazon. I paid about $20 for mine and they work great.

Jul 12, 2021 at 5:52 AM Post #7,879 of 7,931
That is super sad that FLC is not doing so well. I think people say that they want a tunable unit but I think most only want a small level of tuning at the end of the day. Easily screwed in filters is what the market wants and FLC went too far for most people with tuning options. I know that I found a low end tuning on the 8S that I liked which was baked into the 8D. I got tired of losing pieces so went for the 8D. But must say that the revised version of the 8S had much better tolerances and I lost almost no pieces. LMUE took back my first pair under warranty which was great service.

I don't think anybody properly reviewed the 8D which was a shame because they are very good. But they fell under the shadow of the 8S / 8N. I think the 8D has a slightly better low end sound signature than the 8N because it is not tunable in the bass. In other words there aee no losses in that region. due to tuning pegs.

It's a real shame they are not doing well. I have the 8N and really liked it.

It did feel at the time that they did not get good marketing out though. I only found about the 8N because I was interested in the 8S. Even then, I could hardly find reviews and it was even harder to find a pair from the UK (Granted, it's generally hard to find a pair of niche IEMs from the UK but still...)

Jul 21, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #7,880 of 7,931
Hello,

I own FLC8N since a few weeks and I really like them.
Which tips can you recommend? I would like to slightly improve isolation and maybe provide a little deeper insertion, stock tips sometimes tend to go back from my ear canal.

I love the tuning on "default" filter setup - airy and energetic, but still with nice bass and "meat' in metal music.

Aug 16, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #7,882 of 7,931
Hello,

I own FLC8N since a few weeks and I really like them.
Which tips can you recommend? I would like to slightly improve isolation and maybe provide a little deeper insertion, stock tips sometimes tend to go back from my ear canal.

I love the tuning on "default" filter setup - airy and energetic, but still with nice bass and "meat' in metal music.
For me after rolling a bunch of tips, the spinfits seem to work the best for me. A mistake I made was not experimenting with the filters with the tips as well.

Sep 2, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #7,885 of 7,931
I think you need 0.78 mm 2-pin.
I can recommend DUNU cables, I use DUW-02 with my FLC8n and it's a nice piece of cable.
thanks for the suggestion. I see that there is no stock of that model in Aliexpress. But 100€ for the cable and mini-jack connector seems excessive to me. Is there a lot of sonic difference with a generic OCC copper cable? Have you tried the 0.78mm 2Pin connector on the FLC8s? FLC8s and FLC8n are to be different because the cables of one are not valid for the other. Thanks

Sep 2, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #7,886 of 7,931
I think you need 0.78 mm 2-pin.
I can recommend DUNU cables, I use DUW-02 with my FLC8n and it's a nice piece of cable.
You can't use the FLC8n cable on the FLC8s because the n version "fixed" the cable compatibility flaw of the s by using the more common standard 0.78mm pin out. The FLC8s uses the non standard 0.75mm. You can get the replacement cable from Lendmeurears but the outer coating doesn't last long and will deteriorate over time. However at least you're assured it'll fit. There have been occasions where the after market cable was advertised as 0.75mm bit couldn't fit the FLC8s properly.

Sep 2, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #7,887 of 7,931
Thank you very much for the reply. That is exactly what has happened to me. I paid about 40€ for an original FLC cable and after 1 year the outer jacket has been badly damaged. Also, it doesn't sound as good as the "single crystal silver" model (which I bought but also broke after a few months).

Does anyone know of a compatible generic 0.75mm single crystal silver model?
Thank you!

Sep 3, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #7,888 of 7,931
Somewhere in the thread there was some discussion of buying cables and sanding down the connectors. Think you may need to do some searching in the FLC threads.

Guess I was lucky with my cables. I just used the standard cables from LMUE. Same with the 8D; just using the FLC cables.

Sep 10, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #7,890 of 7,931
I can confirm that cables with 2pins 0.75mm do not work.
The FLC8s model needs at least 2 pins of 0.70mm.
If anyone knows a 0.70mm cable model, I will be grateful if you inform me!

I've tried this model:
TRN T4 - OCC copper 6N + 8-core have 2PIN - 0.75mm - 3.5mm
but it does not fit into the socket of the connector, the pin is too wide.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back